The Kingdoms Crime Investigation Division: Broken Bonds (Private)

NamelessTrax

Wrath, Gluttony and Sloth clashed with Shaytahn, but even with the three of them, the Demon did not waver as he held them off effortlessly. Greed was about reel them up but was stopped as an arrow smacked into the building holding down Greeds wire, looking down there appeared dozens of Assassins from the League. "I think we're gonna be plenty busy down here." He said swinging Blade down the five foot drop to the street, Greed joined him and held his bow in his right hand to act as a melee weapon.

Kasey hit the wall with his feet and pushed off to charge Nergal, "Big talk for scum of the earth!"

Lucifer sighed with relief, "I can take it from here Lad, go join the others, they need you there more than here." He told Silent.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Good. I was bored killing Ironborn." Blade said drawing a second knife and taking a defensive stance. 

Nergal punched Kasey hard knocking him away before he got to him. "The only scum I see here is you, b@stard." Kane charged him and swung his katana at Nergal who effortlessly blocked his strikes. "I truly expected more out of Soulscream's son." He said coldly as he slashed at Kane cutting his shoulder. 

Silent nodded before Twilight kissed him on the forehead. "I'm glad you're alive, son." She said with a smile. Silent smiled back at her, happy that he was finally reunited with his mother, before turning and heading towards the city.

The Assassins swarmed them like water, Oakly threw down a smoke bomb to which they disappeared, a second later Oakly landed in the midst of them taking out several in the surprise.

Tahlia ran into the room as Wrath parried with Shaytahn, Sloth and Gluttony were aside with wounds "Wrath!", Wrath glanced over to her but gasped in shock as Shaytahns hidden blade pierced into his gut, Tahlia went wide with horror. Wrath coughed up blood but bit through the pain as he threw Shaytahn across the room.

Suddenly ice covered Nergals body freezing him in place, then came a blast of flames blasting Nergal to the back wall. Flint walked in followed by Black, "Nergal, your times up, I'm going to reduce you to ash."

Blade stabbed an assassin in the chest before slashing another one. He threw one of his blades into the throat of an assassin before cutting down another on his way to retrieve his second blade. 

Headshot grit his teeth as Wrath fell and lifted his rifle. He shot Shaytahn multiple times in the chest, a bloodlust in his eyes taking hold.

Nergal stood up from the attack and walked towards Flint, an evil look on his face. "So, you're the mongrel who took over? I knew you'd come to save your precious princess." He blasted Kasey, Kane and Black away from him leaving just Nergal and Flint facing each other. "Tell me, Flint. Does it ever bother you? Do you ever think about Soul when you're with his wife? Does she ever cry his name in bed instead of yours? Do you ever secret rejoice that he's dead, so that you can have her to yourself?" His arms began to glow a strange purple color. "Did you look her in the eye and tell her why you failed to protect her son when he abandoned you?" Suddenly he held a hand out and a gravitational beam came from his arm, pulling Kane rapidly towards him until his hand was around his throat. Kane struggled to get free but couldn't. "And now, before you die and I throw your body to the dogs, you will know that you've failed her once last time." He said before suddenly taking his blade and running it through Kane's chest. Kane's eyes widened as blood fell from his mouth before Nergal dropped him to the ground motionless.

Oakly fired an arrow behind Blade taking an assassin out, he whirled around delivering several well aimed hits to another assassin before shoving an arrow down his throat.

Shaytahn stumbled back but remained standing, "Ooh, that tickles." Wrath coughed up more blood, "Headshot, get Tahlia out of here, get her away from him." He said standing back up, Gluttony and Sloth charged Shaytahn to hold him off. Shaytahn deflected their weapons with ease before running his sword through Sloths stomach, Tahlia screamed with horror, "Get her out of here Now!" Wrath shouted before rushing in to help

Flints face contorted with pure anger and rage before he took a single stride punching Nergal hard in gut, Flint grabbed Nergals collar pulling back his right arm as it reconfigured into a flaming spiky knuckled fist, Flints fist came crushing into Nergals chest. Flint roared with rage as he continually punched Nergal over and over again, Flint picked him up to slam him down, his elbow lit into a rocketing flare which propelled his fist down smashing Nergal down to the floor. Flint yelled out in agony as he continued to punch Nergal, Kasey ran over to Kane closing his wound with his shirt, "Come on buddy, keep with me."

Blade cut through another assassin before suddenly one of them slashed him across the back. He grit his teeth in pain and fell to a knee before getting back up and stabbing the assassin through the stomach. He tried to suppress groans of pain but couldn't as he struggled to fight on. 

Headshot took Tahlia's hand and pulled her to him. "He'll kill you if you stay here. We have to go!" He said as he led her away from the fight. 

Throughout the beating Flint gave Nergal, he kept laughing maniacally as if it didn't even bother him. He glared at Flint with an insane look as the mechanical side of his face was completely destroyed. "Do you think I'm a monster, Flint? Look at yourself. Look at the savage you have become. Look at the death and destruction you brought trying to stop mine. Who is the real monster?"

Kane coughed up more blood before his eyes rolled back in his head and he began to go cold.

Oakly took down two more assassins before hearing Blades obvious struggle, "Don't push yourself."

Gluttony fell to the floor, Shaytahn had disarmed him of his hatchets and buried them into his shoulders along with dozens of large gashes. Tahlia gasped in terror, "Gluttony! I have to help them!" Wrath clicked off the pin of a grenade and tossed down the hall, the explosion closed off the hall with debris, "Be safe Lil Sis-" Shaytahns sword impaled through his chest, Wrath threw up blood before hitting Shaytahn away, his eyes blurred over as he fell back. Suddenly Wrath was caught, Trax laid him down gently and closed his eyes his hand. "This is what happens when you disobey my orders, the Orders of the Demon." Shaytahn spoke as he stood up, Trax stood up and fluidly fire three arrows at him, blocking two then catching the third Shaytahn smiled. "I guess it was fate, You challenging me, a battle between the Demon and the Reaper. Let us find out who the real Shadow of Death is, shall we?" Trax put his bow away and drew his sword, the two rushed each other clashing in a fury of sparks.

Flint raised his fist then flattened it out as it glowed white hot, "A Good friend once told me, Sometimes in order to defeat Monsters, We must become Monsters ourselves." Flint drove his hand into Nergals chest and into the floor beneath then sliced upwards tearing Nergals chest and head in half.

Kasey lightly slapped Kanes face, "Come on buddy, pull through, dammit that Water is supposed increase the bodies healing!"

Blade stabbed another assassin before he was slashed again, this time on his shoulder. He let out a cry of pain and he plunged a blade into the assassin's heart. He fell to his knees from the pain. "No...must keep fighting..." He said to himself. 

Headshot looked at Tahlia in the eyes. "They died so you can live. They did their job. Honor them by living. We have to get out of here. I'll die before anything happens to you."

Kane's breath was almost completely non-existent as he grew colder and colder. "Stop." A voice came from behind Kasey as he felt a hand on his shoulder. Silent knelt beside Kasey and took out a syringe and stabbed it into Kane's chest. After a few moments Kane woke up with a deep gasp for air as he breathed heavily. "He'll live if he gets medical attention immediately." Silent said standing. "The princesses and my mother are safe. We still have a city to take." 

"Kasey, take Kane to safety and get him the medical attention he needs. Black and I will the Bloodmoon finish this once and for all." Flint said as he stood up, Kasey nodded and picked Kane up over his shoulder before heading out. 

Tahlia teared up and hugged onto Headshot as she wept. All her life in the League, she had never known what family was till she met Wrath and the others, now they were gone. But knowing she had Headshot now, eased her pain.

Trax and Shaytahn split up taking a final stance as they prepared themselves, for this next move would decide the winner. "I have trained you well over the years, you and Father have become worthy Assassins and Warriors of the Shadows. I knew that one of you would eventually take over. But I guess I was wrong, for you die here, and then so will you're old Man. Along with this cursed city." Shaytahn said gripping his sword tightly. Trax let out a breath to ease his breathing, "You may not have sided with Nergal, but by letting him do as he pleases, you gave up you're right as the Demon. The League will be guided into a new light, with me as their Leader." As he ended his sentence, Shaytahn grit his teeth in anger as he slid his foot back, Trax did the same before they both dashed forward. There was a clang of steel against steel and then the sound of flesh being sliced split the air. Traxand Shaytahn were now opposite of each other with their backs to one another. Trax held in a gasp of agony as his left arm fell to the ground, blood trickled from his mouth. Shaytahn smiled but it was quickly turned to anguish as blood sprayed from his shoulder, his body was cut open from his shoulder down to his opposite side, "I see... I will accept my loss... And hand the torch to you... Nameless Trax... The Demon Reaper..." He whispered before falling down void of life. Trax went to a knee and tied off his left arm stub, he went over to Shaytahn taking his sword and Demon ring, then putting on the fur cloak Shaytahn took before the fight.

Oakly stopped and stood up straight as he heard Traxs yell from above, the assassins all paused from their fight to look up, seeing the sword and ring upon Trax as well as the fur cloak, they went to a knee instantly. Oakly helped Blade to his feet, "Now out forces have doubled." Trax looked down on them, "Any who bear the Ironborn insignia, Kill them All." At his command the Assassins fanned out to seek out any of Nergals men and put them down.

A black arrow slammed into an Ironborn right in front of Mehpisto, suddenly several black leather hooded assassin dropped in cutting down Nergals and leaving back into the shadows. One Assassin stayed behind pulling back his hood revealing his face, it was Rowan, a former member of the Bloodmoon who had left after his team had been killed many years ago when attacking a druglords mansion. "Shaytahn is dead, Namelesd Trax is now the new Leader of the League, we are fulfilling his wishes." He turned around and looked over his shoulder, "Its good to see you again, Mephisto." He added before pulling his hood back up and vanishing into the shadows.

Azure fell through a vent landing in a dark room, the lights flashed on and over a dozen Agents aimed their weapons at him before realizing who it was. "Azure, you're alive!" Kaveck proclaimed as he help him up, Stryker was nearby with gunshot wounds to his leg and arm, "We didn't think anyone else survived that onslaught." Azure nodded, "I'm pretty surprised myself, I thought you all were dead." Kaveck jerked his thumb at the door barricaded with file cabinets and tables, "We've held them off with that but it wont last forever." As he finished there was gunfire and sceams from outside, quickly the Agents began clearing away the debris and saw that the platoon of Ironborn all lay dead. Kaveck went out and pulled a black arrow from a body, after close examination he smirked, "Looks like the League has decided to spare us for the Ironborn."

Mephisto smiled and nodded to Rowan. "And you as well, my friend." He said as the Bloodmoon and Assassins began to finish off the last of the Ironborn. It was not long before the last of them finally surrendered. 

Blade leaned against Oakly as they saw the battle ending. "We...we did it..."

Headshot held Tahlia close to him, gently stroking her hair and kissing her forehead. "It's over now, Tahlia..." 

Moments later Kane's wounds were treated as he layed on a makeshift medical table with Autumn sitting next to him. Silverthorn stood nearby looking over towards Kasey playing with her hair and smiling. Twilight soon returned with the other princesses and immediately ran to Kane gently embracing him. "My son...you're alive." Kane smiled seeing his mother. "I'm so sorry, Mother...I'm sorry for leaving." 

Oakly nodded as Trax sent the Assassins off back to Nanda Parbat, "Yeah, we did it..."

Oakly met up with the others handing Blade off to the doctors there, Hazel came running up to him with a big hug. Kasey smiled at the event then noticed Silver staring at him, he blushed and looked away nervously. Black strayed away to stand next to Trax as his left arm was being patched up by a doctor, Flint walked up to the group glancing around seeing everyone was safe. His relief increased as he saw Kaveck and Azure along with other Agents coming up to them, Stryker was taken in by free Doctors to look at his wounds. Lucifer walked up to Trax seeing the sword, ring, and cloak, "As you were, My Lord." Trax knew he was slightly teasing him but he was just glad his Father was alive, though he doubt Lucifer couldnt handle simple thugs with guns. Flint went to stand next to Mephisto, "I will most likely become the sole Chief of KCI, even we do not follow the same set of rules, I know who to call when its outside of our jurisdiction. And with Trax as the new Leader of the League, the bad guys out there have no place to hide."

"Yes, perhaps the threat of terrorism is finally vanquished, and we can have peace at least." Mephisto said looking at Blade as his wounds were being treated. "I must suggest this to you though. Since you will become the new chief, you will need somebody equally as strong to help you lead. From the short time I've known him, Blade has proven to be one of the best soldiers you have. His deeds have been overlooked for so long, I believe it is time to reward his honor and skill. Let him be your second in command." 

"Believe me, the job was his the moment I met him." Flint said with a smile, "From my evaluation of him, I would have no other as my Second in Command. I just hope he wont mind the pencil pushing." He added jokingly. Trax walked up nodding to them, "My assassins are cleaning up stragglers, as well as any hideouts or safehouses under the Ironborn banner. By this time tomorrow the Ironborn will be a thing of the past."

Twilight left Kane's side and saw Flint not far away. She walked over to him, a wave of awe and relief washing over her as she knew Flint was alive. She ran to him and embraced him tightly careful of her wounds and her child, crying tears of joy. "Flint..." She tried to say through her tears. 

"Twilight, its alright, we're safe now. Are feeling well? How's the baby?" Flint asked as he hugged her tightly. Trax tapped Mephistos shoulder and gestured for them to step away and leave them to their moment. Once away, Trax faced him, "Treat my team well. I wont get them involved with the League and its business. Black is the only one I intend on bringing with me."

Hazel put her arms around Silver and Autumn as their team gathered around Blade, it was the first time in a long while since they were all together, Kasey stood Kane as Oakly walked up trying not to feel like he didn't belong. "Look at us, after all we've been through, we still remain whole. That's the power of Friendship for ya." Hazel said with glee.

"I'll be ok and..." She paused as she felt her stomach and smiled. "She will be ok." Mephisto nodded to Trax respectably. "Our three organizations will not take up arms against each other anymore. We will continue to defend the land together as one." 

"And we'll never be apart again. Things will never be normal again, but we'll always have each other." Kane said as he held Autumn's hand tightly and they looked each other in the eyes. Silent walked up to Kane as they looked each other in the eye. "Where will you go now, Silent?" Kane asked. "I'm not sure. I know I can't stay here though. Thinking about going south, leaving my old life behind and hanging up my guns for good." Silent replied looking in the distance. "I'll keep them off of you until you're out of reach." Kane said quietly. The brothers gripped each other's hands tightly. "Take care of the family for me." Silent said. "I will. Farewell, brother." Kane said as Silent suddenly leaped off the side of the castle and was out of sight.

Trax dipped his head his to Mephisto then patted Flint on the shoulder before taking his leave, Rowan followed behind him nodding to his old friends in the Bloodmoon. Oakly and Kasey shook hands with Blade and Kane and gave Autumn a friendly hug, then went to Hazel and Silver. "Theres some buisness to see to in Nanda Parbat, but we'll be back." Kasey started, "Kasey will act as a League Ambassador in the Bloodmoon, and I.... Well, its wherever you are." Oakly began as he took Hazels hands and kissed them. Hazel tried not to tear up and just hugged him, "You better."

Flint rubbed Twilights belly, "A She? Hmm-mm, what should we call her then?" 

"You better, you owe me that date." Silverthorn said with a smirk poking Kasey's chest. Headshot soon returned with Tahlia to the others. "Looks like we're done here." 

Twilight put her hand on Flint's and smiled. "I was thinking about Ember. Seems like an appropriate name for your daughter, doesn't it?"

Kasey smirked before kissing Silver on the forehead and leaving with Oakly, Tahlia kissed Headshots cheek, "For the moment anyway, I'll be back sweety." She told before following after the brothers, all three of them followed after Trax and Rowan jumped off the balcony. Hazel shook her head but smiled, "Is it required for every assassin to jump off the side of a cliff?"

Flint smiled as he caressed Twilights face, "Its beautiful."  

((Sounds good))

A few months had past since the attack, the city was under a lot of construction, the castle and KCI building had sustained the most damage.

After little debate, Flint Dragneal was named the Director of the KCI, with Gleaming Blade as the Second in Command. It was shortly after the battle that Flint gave his team a choice, stay with the KCI, orKaveck and Stryker were split up and were assigned new teams to lead, and Azure was appointed the Head Cyber Techy of all KCI, making him the youngest ever to have such a high position. Flint and Twilight were married on a beautiful sunny day, and with a lot of persuasion, Trax was Flints best man. For their help in defeating Nergal, The Bloodmoon was thanked and given medals of service. Flint had to keep his friendship with Mephisto in secret for public purposes, but always knew that if the KCI couldn't touch a case, the Bloodmoon had their back. However, due to the shady and dark past of the League of Assassins, Flint and Trax rarely saw each other. Though the worlds troubles were often out of Flints reach, he knew Trax was always seven steps ahead of him keeping balance in the rest of the world. Tahlia stayed in the league but was always around Headshot, her love for had grown and eventually she begged for Trax to marry them. To which he reluctantly did. Weeks later, happily announced she was pregnant, with twins. Lucifer took over the Monastery where Ally was buried, he made it a place for those who were lost, to come and be taught about Balance. Tavi and Viola lived at the monastery helping Lucifer, the two were often visited by Trax, Oakly, and Kasey. Because of his position as the Leagues emissary, Kasey remained in the Bloodmoon working with them. He begin spending more an more time with Silver before everyone was glad they finally got together, it wasn't till five months later, Kasey asked her to marry him. Black Frost learned under Trax in the League, in the end he sacrificed himself to bring down the last of the Ironborn. Trax had his remains buried outside of Nanda Parbat, a memorial to everyone that the darkness in our hearts do not define us. Hazel remained with the KCI as Flints assistant, she wanted to learn under him for his Leadership and Guidance. Oakly always made time to visit her, but although they were together, they were only married in the eyes of their close friends due to her being Royalty. Three years later, Hazel was called back to Skandia, and crowned the Queen. Oakly left the League shortly after her coronation, and commited himself to be her shadow guard. It wasn't till a few years after that Oakly was able to publically marry Hazel, though many called him an unofficial King, he remained in the shadows as Hazels Bodyguard.

After years of service to the KCI and to Canterlot, Blade finally got the recognition he deserved when Flint made him his second in command. Together the two men kept the kingdom in check and no more harm was caused to Canterlot. After being recognized for their service, Bloodmoon eventually returned to their encampments in the east, with Mephisto stepping down as their leader and traveling far to the south to live out the rest of his days. Moonshield, Bloodline and Devildriver shared leadership of Bloodmoon with Kasey studying under them in the event he was needed to replace one of them. Bloodmoon continued to work in the shadows doing the work that KCI didn't want, striking fear into future criminals. Kane left Bloodmoon and was reinstated as a KCI agent, forging a stellar career that allowed him to rise through the ranks of the KCI over the years. He married Autumn on a cold winter night in private to honor his father since Soul and Twilight married the same way. Twilight gave birth to a daughter named Ember who had Twilight's eyes and intelligence but mostly took after Flint. It took time, but Kane eventually grew to love his new half-sister and regarded Flint as another father to him. Because the board was no more, the KCI was now free to operate independently. However, Headshot was still taken in and tried for his murder of the Board director. Fortunately, an investigation found that the Board's operations were unethical, and that Headshot was acting in self defense. His was sentenced to a year in prison with two years parole. After being released he joined Bloodmoon and started a family with Tahlia. Silverthorn married Kasey not long after they started dating, putting an end to her flirtatious ways as she finally found true love and no longer lived in fear of abuse. Nobody ever heard from Silent Night again, as he fled to the south and disappeared. No longer harboring hatred for his estranged brother, Kane and Autumn named their first child after him in their honor. 

((Just a little thing because I thought of it.))

Distant Future....

A middle aged Trax knelt down beside Souls grave, behind it were the graves of the other memebers of their Black Ops Team, surrounding them were more, all with names of the old team. Kane, Autumn, Kasey, Silverthorn, Headshot, Tahlia, Flint, and many more. Oakly and Hazel were burried Scandia. Some died of natural causes, others in the line of duty. The waters of the Lazuras Pit kept Trax in his late 50's, but he would not live forever. "You told me once, that even Bonds which are broken, can always be mended. It just takes a good Heart. We taught a generation how to fight and live by the Heart. Now, I will do the same, in you're honor." Trax stood up and turned around looking upon the grown children that his dear comrades had left behind, he could faintly see their parents standing among them. Trax smiled slightly as starting walking through them, "You all have pledged service to a respected banner, Be it the KCI, The Bloodmoon, or even the League of Assassins. But we all fight for the same cause, Peace. Protecting the peace you're parents fought and died to achieve. As my Father taught me many years ago, Its never about how much time you have that counts, its what you do with it."

Archived