The Kingdoms Crime Investigation Division: Broken Bonds (Private)

NamelessTrax

"I've waited a long time for this moment, Soul. You will pay for ruining my plans." Slipknot said coldly as he pressed the pistol to Soul's head. Soul closed his eyes as he felt the steel touch his skin. "Memento mori, Slipknot. Memento mori...." As Soul spoke those words, Slipknot pulled the trigger as Soul hit the ground dead. The others entered the room just as Slipknot killed Soul. Kane's mouth dropped in disbelief. "NOOOOOO!!!" He screamed in pain as tears filled his eyes. He ran at Slipknot enraged but Slipknot quickly pulled a taser out and electrocuted Kane, causing him to hit the ground stunned. Suddenly the room filled with guards as they surrounded Slipknot. Slipknot smirked and reached for a flashbang on his belt. "Coming Black?" He asked evilly.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black appeared back to back with him taking a sip from his coffee, "Your entrances need work Slipknot, and blowing my cover will cost you." He looked over seeing the looks on everyones faces, he smirked evilly. "Though I cant say I'm not dissapointed."

Slipknot smirked and activated the flashbang. When everybody came out of their daze, the two were long gone. Kane knelt by his father's body and covered his face with his hands as tears ran down his face. Autumn held on to him to comfort him as she also wept quietly, for Soul had treated her like a daughter ever since she and Kane got together. Everybody else in the room had looks of pain and grief on their faces. "Why, Black? Why....?" Blade said quietly looking out the window.

Hazel gritted her teeth sprinting back into the building, as she slid past the boys rooms halting as Blacks she paused for a second then kicked down the door. Hazel gasped in surprise, the room was entirely empty. Hazel clenched her teeth, "That bastárd! Why!"

Azure striaghtned up in realization, "His Computers!" Azure flew into the building on rapid feet as he wizzed past the guards, bursting the TECH room he went straight to Blacks main desk and began typing away, 'Yes!' He thought with relief, Blacks virus was still in effect so if he worked fast enough he could stop it before it erased the entire mainframe. Azure used his expansive memory recalling everything he'd learned on computer programing and cyber security.

((Time skip or ....))

The next day, Trax and Oaklys plane touched down just as the sun flared its last ray of warmth of the land, their were greeted by an eire silence to which they both picked up on as they stepped off. Upon entering the building they were greeted by Traxs wife, Octavia Melody, but her usual smile was vacant. "The other day an Assassin by the name of Slipknot, broke into the building and murdered Special Agent Soulscream. Upon leaving, Tech Special Agent Black Frost, identified himself as working with Slipknot and both escaped custody. You have my condolences." She told them straightly, tensing up so her own emotions did not show, before dipping her head, as she looked back up, her face alit with surprise as Traxs face went dark as he straightened his hat down. Oakly closed his eyes and looked away gripping his bag tightly. "Thank you Tavi, you may have the rest of night off, I will be home shortly." Trax told her as he walked by her lightly grabbing her hand and holding it softly till he stepped out of reach. Tavi looked back to Oakly but stiffened as she noticed he was gone.

Oakly stood outside Kanes door with his hand raised to knock but slowly he lowered it and turned to walk away.

Hazel sat in her window starring out into the night.

Azure let out a sigh of relief as he learned back in his chair, Trax examined the screen with narrowed analyzing eyes, "Job well done young man, havent seen Blacks security beaten like this. Hope you dont mind the extra job?" Azure gulped but nodded, "Yes sir, Blacks system was complex but luckily I was able to see through his designs."

Black grimmaced at his tablet, "Well played Doc, well played...."

"I don't understand....he was imprisoned in a maximum security prison to the south after the terrorist attack. How did he escape?" Headshot asked, leaning back against the wall. "Slipknot is insane, he can do anything he sets his mind to. Throw in revenge for blowing his plan and your result is Soul's murder. He never intended on taking anything from the evidence vault, it was bait to get Soul within killing range." Blade answered, sitting in the corner of the room smoking a cigarette. "Question now is what is he up to and why is Black involved?"

Suddenly the door creaked open, revealing a dark room inside. "I see you're home from your trip..." A monotone voice said as Kane finally stepped out. His hair was disheveled and his eyes were stained from tears and his whole body was pale, showing that he had not come out of the dark for days and was malnourished.

"Hazzy? You alright, sweetie?" Silverthorn said in a concerned but friendly tone as she stood in the door of Hazel's room.

"You let that kid ruin your sh1t? That's sad, Black. Really sad." Slipknot said as he was throwing knives into a target of people's faces, a large one resembling Soul's face now torn off and throw on the floor.

((Its only been a day lol maybe he threw up alot?))

Hazel frowned, "Being betrayed like that, and seeing someone who we all considered family, die before your own eyes... Its just... alot to take in. And Kane, I cried for a week straight when my parents were killed, its never easy to see your own parent killed in front of you like that." She wrapped her arms her knees as she tucked them close. The Summer after Highschool when Oakly had gone, Hazel came home to police lights and Soul explaining her parents were killed in what looked as a home invasion. She wanted to move in with Oakly when he returned but things went south for them, she lived in her parents home till she went to college.

Oakly exhaled through his nose after seeing Kane in such a ghastly state, "Kane,... you look like shït." It was all he could manage to say to his best friend during this horrible time. Oakly put his arm around Kane and lead him back into the room, "Come on bro, lets get you cleaned up. What would Autumn say if she saw you like this?" He asked rhetorically sitting Kane down on his bed before went to get a shower ready.

Trax held up a picture of him and Soul during their Equestrian Spec. Ops days, the glare blocked out the other 10 team members faces. "You were right old friend... You either die a Hero," He looked up gazing over the city, "Or live long enough to see yourself become the Villian." His eyes suddenly changed color to a darkish red before turning back blue again.

Oakly got the shower running then washed his hands, as he looked at himself in the mirror, he saw his eyes turn purplish for a second then back to his dashing blue. He shook his head shaking the feeling away, "Showers ready, take your time, I'll start cleaning up the room." He said walking out of the bathroom.

"Oh please, his IQ makes both of ours look like 10 year olds. It doesnt matter, none of my real work was ever on there, our plans will still go ahead as planned." Black said as he pulled up the 3D hologram of part of a very large bomb.

((I thought we skipped a few days? Kinda wild to have a death and a funeral so soon all in a day isn't it?))

Silverthorn sat next to Hazel and put an arm around her holding her close. Since they became teammates she took Hazel under her wing and they became like sisters. Silverthorn had gotten out of an abuse marriage when she joined the team. She got in to a marriage too hastily with a man in the Equestrian Marine Corps only to find out that he was not only manipulative and abuse, but also was discharged from the Marines for killing civilians. Meeting Hazel was great for her healing. "I know it's hard, hun. We all looked up to him. He had a wonderful marriage with the princess and raised a great son. And I can't image how Trax feels. Those two have been through hell and back together."

Kane sighed and put a hand on his head. "She'd be upset and worried. But what else can I do? I mean I literally watched my dad get murdered." He said with despair before getting up and walking into the bathroom. He looked back at Oak. "Thanks man. I appreciate it."

Slipknot sat in a computer chair and leaned back throwing a knife into the ceiling. "Is that the new toy?" He said with a sly smirk.

((The funeral hasnt happened yet then, we can skip a week or month letting them complete a couple cases in between.))

Hazel smiled, "Thanks Silver, for eveything."

Oakly nodded to him before he began picking up some Kanes trash.

"Hun?" Tavi began as she walked up behind Trax, "Apologies sweetheart, I'm almost ready. It seems we have a leak in the ceiling..." Trax said distantly. Tavi perked up in confusion looking up she saw no leak in the ceiling, when she looked back at Trax she lost her breath, she saw a thin stream of tears running down Traxs cheek. "Damn leaks..."

Black swiped away the image and set his tablet down, "Indeed, and soon, we'll show all of Canterlot just how cold we truly are."

2 months later, and 23 cases put to rest by the teams efforts.

Hazel marched angrily through the halls, in the 2 months since being back, she had still not seen Oakly once. Especially when he suddenly took two weeks just after getting back, then taking on a couple cases alone with Kane. As she turned the corner, she saw him walking casually towards her. Oakly had let his hair grow out and had it back in a ponytail, he wore a black trenchcoat over his black and white casual suit. "Oakly!" Hazel yelled feriously, Oakly looked up half annoyed seeing a flustered Hazel in his path, "How dare you ignore the rest of us for two whole months! Taking seperate cases, not even saying hello? What kind of teammate-"

"Will you just shut up already?" Oaklys cold and harsh tone froze Hazel still, her eyes widened in fear as she starred at Oakly in horror. 'His eyes! His eyes are purple!? This feeling, why am I suddenlyso afraid of him? I cant move! This overwhelming fear, why? What is going on?!' Hazel thought frantically as Oakly glared down on her. And like that she could move again, Oakly just walked past her, his eyes shining a brilliant blue again. Hazel turned following him with her fear striken eyes, "... Oakly...?" She whispered desperatly.

((Usually funerals are two or three days after a death so with that timeskip a funeral definitely already happened.))

"Everything alright in here?" Silverthorn asked as she appeared from behind with Autumn and surprisingly Kane, who had recovered from his malnourished state and was doing a lot better from healing over time. He held Autumn's hand tightly, showing their love was strong.

Twilight stood on a balcony all alone as she watched the skyline, sighing as she drank a glass of wine and remembered the love she shared with Soul.

Hazel shivered and looked down still shaken up by the event, "... I've never seen him like that... His eyes... So cold, and emotionless... Its like he wasnt even human anymore..." She swallowed back her emotions and looked up smiling, "Oh its nothing, Oaklys just being a douch as usual." She said in her usual happily annoyed tone.

Azure sat in Blacks old tech room, now his with being promoted and a second job. "If I wasnt so smart, I honestly dont know how I could do all this."

"How are you doing?" Tavi asked coming up to Twilight from behind.

Trax sat in the main board room getting the next case in order, a serial murder case involving the victims being drained of blood, with two punture marks on the neck and wrists. No evidence has been found explaining what the Murderer does with the drained blood.

Silverthorn raised an eyebrow at Hazel. "Uh huh...sure. Cmon, Trax may have a new case for us." She said, lightly swatting Hazel's butt when she walked by.

Twilight sighed and took another sip of wine. She had gotten a little better over the two months since Soul died, but she still struggled some days. She currently had mascara running down her face from crying recently. "Some days are better than others, but it's just so hard being without him. He completed me." She said with a weak voice.

Hazel blushed awkwardly, "Right." She said fakely following them.

Tavi lightly hugged Twilight, "He's still with you hun, he'll always be with you. He'll always exist in your heart no matter what."

A well built man paused at the steps of the building, he had blazing green eyes and messy pink hair, he wore a black pants with a white dress shirt and a black blazer over it. He carried a brief case to which he gripped tightly.

"I know Tavi....I know he's always with me. But still, I wish I could feel his arms around me again. I wish I could hear his voice...." Twilight said sadly as a tear rolled down her face.

"Wonder what case we're about to take on?" Blade said as he and Headshot joined the group.

Azure waited by the door, "Its a serial case, and Souls replacement is also here. Sorry Blade, his age and experience make him more qualified than you, plus he's also a former member of Trax and Souls old team. Flint Dragneal.

Up in Traxs office, the glare on the picture moved revealing Soul, Trax, and now Flint.

Hazel raised an eyebrow, "Huh," she peeked in seeing a handsome pink haired man around Traxs age sitting in Souls old spot, she went grim seeing Oakly sitting in his spot with his arms folded.

Kane stopped and stared at Flint. Something about him replacing his father was making him uncomfortable. Autumn held onto his arm and held him tight. "Easy, Kane. I know it's weird seeing him there instead of your dad, but it's going to be ok." Kane sighed and entered calmly. "Greetings Flint, my name is Kane. Soul was my father. I heard much about you serving with my father and Trax." 

Flint got up and took Kanes in a firm grip, "Kane, your father was an honorable man and by far the best amongst us. My condolences go to you and your Mother for his service and sacrifice. If you ever, need anything, do not hesitate to ask. I owed Soul a life debt, and now I owe your family." He said respectively, his sincerity made even Trax nod in agreement.

Kane nodded respectfully to Flint, touched by his kind words. "Thank you, Flint. My father was lucky to have known you. It means a lot." he said before turning to Trax. "So what's the move now? Is there another case?" 

"First, to report on the whereabouts of Slipknot and Black. After two hits we've narrowed it down to a location, a warehouse in Stable City. The Board of Directors however has considered us as a liability, therefore the BlackSlip Case is being given to another team. I'm sorry, but this is out of my hands." As he finished, Hazel raised her eyebrows in suspicion, "If I may, which team?" Trax sighed and set the files down, he then slid it across the table passing Kane and Blade, it was halted as Oakly placed his hand spot on it, "Flint and Oakly are being assigned this task separately. The reason being, Flint is experienced in recovery, and Oaklys recent solo cases have impressed the right people. You two may leave." Flint stood up and nodded to Kane, "Slipknot will get his just deserved place on Deaths Row, and Black will never see the light of day again. That is a promise my boy." Oakly stood up not looking any of them in the eye and followed Flint out. Just before Oakly stepped out the door, he looked back out the corner of his eye and met Kanes stare, his eye color flashed purple before he was gone from sight. Hazel tightned her grip on her pencil instantly breaking it in half, "Damn that son of-" the rest of her sentence was cut off as Azure turned on the 3D holograms.

Kane rubbed his eyes when he saw what looked like Oakly's eyes flashing. He shook his head and assumed he was seeing things and turned back to Trax. "Well in the meantime, what else can we do? Slipknot's not alone, I promise you that. My father told me about his crimes, and his cunning." 

On a rooftop overlooking a city, Slipknot smoked a cigarette and looked down on the people below. "Well Soul, is this when you send somebody to do the work you were too weak to do?" He said talking to himself with an evil smirk. 

Trax tossed everyone a file, "You misunderstood, as of now none of us have anything to do with your fathers case. End of discussion. Azure, present the case." He ordered sitting down. Azure nodded and clicked his tablet, images of several victims who were all different races and genders with extremely pale skin tones, each had two punture marks on their necks and wrists. "Over the past couple weeks, seven people have been found drained 95% of their blood. The causes have death have ranged from blunt trauma to gunshots." He expalined. Hazel raised her eyebrows, "The UnSub must be an amateur, if they wanted to get the most blood out of their kill then the UnSub would've used a better method of killing than this. Which begs to question how the police havent caught him yet." She said analytically. "The Unsub is better at evasion than killing, the police are getting stumped ar every turn and have turn to us for assistance." Trax said diligently.

Archived