The Kingdoms Crime Investigation Division: Broken Bonds (Private)

NamelessTrax

Kane gave Trax a long stare before finally looking down at the file and reading over the information. "Sounds like he can be taken down easily if he can be outsmarted." Blade said. "We're better equipped to track targets than normal police, just give me time to follow him and stake him out." Headshot added.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You'd need to find first." Trax stated simply, "From what I've gathered, the man is a ghost. He's put more time in being a master of invisibility than murder." Hazel looked over the file then cocked her head to the side, "Wait, whats his plan for the blood then? Could it be for consumption? Killers like this UnSub are methodical, there is a reason behind every action he takes. Hold up how do we know the UnSub is a 'He'?" She asked quizzically. Trax smirked and tapped on the table pulling up a picture of a blurred obvious male man, "This is a photo captured by a streak of luck from a civilian taking photos a block away." He explained, Azure closed down the images and put his files together. "Wheels up in thirty to Ponyville, we'll be working with local law enforcement to catch this man."

Everybody filed out of the room to prepare for the mission. Blade noticed Kane looked like something was bothering him. "Everything ok?" He asked. Kane sighed. "I guess I'm just a little disappointed I can't help go after Slipknot. I'm not foaming at the mouth for revenge or anything, I just need closure is all." Blade patted him on the back. "I understand, but it wasn't Trax's call. They wanted those two for a reason. Besides, as long as he gets what's coming to him right?" Kane shrugged. "I guess your right. Guess it doesn't matter now. Meet you at the chopper." Kane said as he went towards his room.

Slipknot climbed down from the roof into a room full of weapons and other technology. "Yo Black, you in here doing something useful or are you just using your computer skills to watch p0rn?" He asked in a smartass tone.

Black looked up from behind a monitor, "Calculating some equations to modify the bombs blast radius, now if you dont have anything useful to say or do, theres rope in drawer and chair next to your right. You know, Hang out for awhile." He said with a loss of sarcasm. With all their main work moved to their secret lab, there was little to do that was within Slipknots range of skills, but moving to their main lab was too risky so they had no choice.

Black rubbed his temples at Slipknots pestering voice, suddenly he paused, "SLIPKNOT THE DO-" His yell was cut short as the garage door blew inwards, debris flew knocking Blacks desk onto him. The shockwave threw Slipknot off his feet sending him flying across the warehouse and into a pile of old tires. Flames erupted around them. Black pushed off the desk grunting as he felt his body sceam in pain from cuts and bruises, he looked up with his eyes widening in terror. Flint strolled in through the garage opening, the fire around him seemed to almost bend to his will, his green eyes were a dragons eyeing its prey. Black stood up holding his arm, "How did you find us so quickly?" As if an answer to Blacks question, Oakly appeared from behind Flint with his eyes flashing purple, Black went grim in discouragement, "Should have guessed it'd be you... Slipknot?" He called out still looking at Flint and Oakly, he couldnt take them on by himself.

Trax sat in his seat on the plane, already five minutes into their flight and they had hear news of another victim drained of blood.

There was dead silence as the flames from the explosion died down. A thick cloud of smoke filled the room obscuring the side of the room Slipknot flew towards. Suddenly out of nowhere there was gunfire as a storm of bullets flew by Flint and Oakly's heads. From the shadows came Slipknot's men covered in jet black body armor and their heads covered in a black hood and a veil with the design of the bottom half of a skull masking their faces. Slipknot himself emerged from the wreckage and fired his sidearm at the two, a stray bullet piercing Flint's arm.

Kane, Blade and Headshot arrived at the choppers with all their gear, waiting for the others.

((They do have a private plane that takes them all over equastria, lol choppers are hardly needed. Just have them be on the plane, and they've been flying for a couple minutes already hearing about another victim.))

The bullet that hit Flints arm made a steel on steel sound, confusing everyone in the room. Flint nodded his head, "Well then, I just got this arm painted too." At that moment Oakly jumped to the side as Flint went to his knees holding out both arms making mechanical noises, "His arms are robotic!" Black blurted out, but he was too late as two giant flames erupted from Flints palms. The flames blew back the henchmen, Flint cut the flames then rushed Slipknot kicking off one of his men and rearing back his left for a powerful hit.

Black had taken shelter but was confronted by Oakly, "I see the Young lapdog has grown too big for his kennel." Black said menacingly, Oakly smirked with a slight chuckle, "Amusing, coming from a third rate hack with a second rate Joker as your partner." Black was enraged by Oaklys words and charged Oakly but was met with a brutal knee to the stomach.

((Black and Slipknot do get away, Black gets his arms injured but Slipknot doesnt have to be injured, personal preference. This is the reason Black decides to work faster with the plan.))

((Gotcha, ignore that then.))

Slipknot leaned back and avoided the hit as he fired a taser into Flint's arms, short-circuiting them and causing Flint horrible pain. He then kicked Flint in the jaw forcing him back. More of Slipknot's men entered the room and began to fire on them.

Kane sat on the plane looking out a window as Autumn snuggled against him. Blade and Headshot were playing a card game while Silverthorn watched.

Flint took cover gritting his teeth, "Im too old for this bull śhît." He cursed loudly flicking his wrists, suddenly his arms lit up making a techno noise, Flint rolled to the side tossing a grenade at the henchmen. The grenade imploded then exploded with a powerful shockwave that killed the henchmen instantly, blew Slipknot back into the pile of old tires only this time giving him a bad gash on the arm. Oakly punched Black in the face then twisted him around before ducking for cover, Black held up his arms against the blast which incenerated his skin and charred his arms badly. Black fell to his knees yelling in agony, "My arms! Dammït!" Oakly and Flint stood up both holding M9's pointed at Black and Slipknot, "Black Frost and Slipknot, your under arrest for conspiracy and murder, among other charges." Flint told them. Black grit his teeth, "... Slipknot, get us out of here..." He rasped.

Trax sipped from his tea, "Wheels down in 15." He reminded them all, "Blade, you and me will meet with the local police and trade information. Head and Kane, hits the streets, find areas of interest to set up a stakeout. Ladies, your heading for the crime scene of the most recent victim, see what you can find. Doctor, hows everything back home?" A screen popped down from the ceiling showing Azure sitting at Blacks old desk with his headset on, "All quiet Sir. From what I've compiled on our Unsub, we're looking for a middle aged male probably suffering from a disease which requires blood."

Hazel barely listened to them as she stared out the window, her mind raced with thoughts of Oaklys confrontation and his recent behavior, along with a sudden wish to see her dead parents.

"Special Agent Kaveck and Stryker, recent light has dawned upon a cold case. You've heard about the Feather Case from 7 years ago, correct? Well it turns out theres more to it than a simple home invasion gone wrong. Some Dignitaries from across the Seas have contacted us to the whereabouts of the Feather Family. The Matriarchs health is on its decline and so the search for the next in line, and guess whos first in line." The Board member slid a file across the table to Kaveck, he opened it to a picture of Hazels KCI photo. "Gentlemen, we need to find the Killer of Hazels parents as soon as possible, this case has now become a threat to international relations. Any questions?" Kaveck looked over the case file then looked up, "Who was the last one to lead this case?" He asked simply. The Board Director folded his hands, "Special Agent Lucifer Trax, this was the case that put him into retirement, you two were his best students under his Son and Soul. Make him proud Agents." Kaveck and Styrker stood up, "Yes Sir."

Slipknot loudly whistled and suddenly the roof of the building exploded as a chopper descended in. The gunner on the chopper opened fire on Oak and Flint as Slipknot grabbed Black by the collar and dragged him into the chopper. "Go!" He shouted at the pilot as they took off.

Silverthorn saw that Hazel had something on her mind and sat next to her putting a hand on her shoulder. "You alright, sweetie?"

Flint and Oak walked out from cover looking up into the sky, "Well, they were sure eager to get away." Flint said before lighting up a cigar with his finger tip. "Blacks arms were severely injured, if their plan requires more of his work, then we've stopped them long enough." Oak looked at the broken computer screen, the schematics to a bomb. "Luckily he has a magic touch." He said sly smirk.

Hazel sighed, "Sorry, just thinking about my parents. I remember that night perfectly because they had called me before the break-in, I could hear in the backgound a window breaking and someone speaking Gaelic I think. My Dad was telling me about when I get home, he needed to tell me something important, but before I could ask what it was about he switched the conversation to talking about Oakly when whoever it was broke in. He told me that I should stay with Oakly no matter what, the last thing he told me was about how Oakly would always protect me no matter what. Then that was it, I come home as soon as I could to police lights and Oaklys Grandfather telling me my parents were shot. Later Oakly comes back and tells me were over, just out of the blue. But, my Fathers last words told me to stay with Oakly. So here I am, I followed Oakly throughout college, even making the same team as him. And through all that, Oakly never once looked at me the same again. Honestly, all I want right now, is for Oakly to acknowledge me like he used to." After she finished she giggled and smiled, "Im sorry Silver, dumping my feelings out like that, just a little emotional is all."

Silverthorn smiled and held Hazel close. "You don't think I've never dumped my feelings out on you before? Like when I told you about Oblivion? You're like a little sister to me Hazel. I love you and I'll always be here for you." She said sweetly.

Slipknot looked at Black as his men treated his wounds. "Well this is just great. The one guy we need for electronics and he gets his arms bucked up."

Hazel hugged Silver, "I know, your the best Silver. Now lets catch this guy and shove it down Oaklys throat."

"We'll have to compromise our main facility.... I always have ... A contingency plan." Black rasped painfully.

Silverthorn smiled as she felt the plane descend and saw the others preparing to exit. "Let's go get 'em, girl."

Slipknot rolled his eyes. "You and your contingency plans. I know those two worked for Trax. We'll need to distract them, give them something else to worry about. They won't want to come after us knowing their other teammates are dead or maimed." He said looking into the distance. "I know a guy who could help us with that..."

Hazel nodded and began getting her things ready.

Black coughed, "No... The more attention you gain us, the harder it will become for our plans completion... They already hunt us for Souls death, we dont need the hunt escalating more than it already is... We lay low for now... Finish the bomb... Dont do anything stupid Slipknot... Be smart..." He rasped.

((So im having Black die at the end of this Ark, you can do what you want with Slipknot, Im sure yoh already know Flints intentions oncw he meets Twilight.))

Slipknot scoffed and stepped over Black. "Don't do anything stupid? I'm not the one with two burnt arms, Black." He said coldly.

The team stepped off the plane with their gear. "Well, we made it. Where are the cops? Weren't they supposed to meet us here?" Blade asked.

Three black SUVs drove out to meet them, "We're going to meet them at the station, they've suplied us with three vehicles. Split up into the teams and we'll reconvene at the hotel." Trax said as he got into the first car. Hazel went to the third car putting her things into the back, she then took shotgun.

"Watch your tongue Slipknot, your getting scared, and people do stupid things when they're scared." Black warned him.

Kaveck and Stryker knocked on the door of a large house out in the country, from the outside it looked like a monks monastery. An old man in his high 60's opened the door, his blazing blue eyes gave away his identity. "Stryker, Kaveck, my boys come in please. Its good to see you again." He said with smile. Kaveck shook his unwantingly, "Apologies Sensei- ....Sir, I'm afraid we here on the clock. The Feathers murder case has been reopened, as its last head investigator, we need to ask you some questions." His tone was very apologetic and sounded like he didnt want talk about it all. Lucifer sighed and nodded knowing full well the circumstances, "Yes yes, come in, I'll make some tea."

Minutes later they all sat criss cross around a low japanese table, they sipped from their in silence. Kaveck set his tea down, "You found out who did it, didnt you?" Lucifer closed his eyes stricken with grief, "After I did, I announced the case as Cold, and retired. There are just some things in this world that you never want to know. This was one of those things. I'm sorry boys, but this is one secret I will take to the grave with me. So you might as well get the cuffs out." Kaveck and Stryker exchanged worried looks, "I didnt hear anything Stryker, did you?" Kaveck asked, "Nope not a thing, my hearing must have gone out for awhile." Stryker said scratching his beard. Lucifer smirked, "I've failed you as a teacher."

"No Master, your still the best regardless." Kaveck told him, "We'll see another time on better circumstances Sensei." He said putting his palms together and bowing, Stryker followed suit. Lucifer smiled and bowed back to them.

Kaveck and Stryker walked back to the car, "It seems this Murderer is close with Sensei. Family maybe?" Kaveck spoke nonchalantly, "Trax and Oakly? Think about, they're both fellow students of Sensei, I cant see either of them comitting such a thing. I dont know Kaveck, we definitely have our work cut out for us." Kaveck paused and looked back to Lucifers house, "Indeed we do."

Blade got into one vehicle with Trax as Kane and Headshot got in another and Autumn and Silverthorn got into the third one with Hazel.

Slipknot smirked evilly before turning to Black with an evil stare. "Scared?" He said as he stepped on one of Black's burnt arms, pressing down on it and inflicting agonizing pain. "How do you scare fear itself? Even if I didn't have you or your plans for the bomb, I could still bring Equestria to it's knees. You just made it more convenient." He finally stepped off and looked back into the distance. "I think it's time I called an old friend of mine to get in on the action."

A man sat at a bar in Canterlot alone as other patrons interacted around him. He wore a black hooded sweatshirt and kept the hood over his head. He took a long sip from a glass of scotch and ashed his cigarette in a nearby ashtray. Suddenly another man came right up to him and sat near him. "Did you find it?" He asked the newcomer. "It was at the crime scene. With all the chaos, nobody thought to look for it." The second man replied, pulling out a pendant of a crescent moon, small bits of blood covering it. The hooded man took the pendant and sighed. "If only we could have prevented this. Rest in peace, Soul." He whispered before putting it away. "Devildriver, I have no doubt that Slipknot and his men are planning something huge, and murdering Soul was no revenge kill. Soul knew something and Slipknot didn't like it." He said, removing his hood revealing his sparkling eyes, showing he was from the Empire. "What's next, Moonshield?" Devil asked. Moon thought for a moment before answering. "Trax no doubt put somebody on the case. I don't know who, but they're walking into a death sentence. They won't be prepared for what Slipknot can truly do. For now we wait for his next move, and maybe stop whoever's on the case from certain death."

Black yelled in pain, he felt fearful of Slipknot knowing he could end him now without a thought but would jepordize the plan, "You are gifted in what you do Slipknot, I will give you that..." he said coldly through the pain.

Minutes later... 

Trax and Blade arived at the station greeted by the chief himself, Chief of Police C.H. Holmes. Holmes was a middle aged man with an obvious former military style haircut, he wore the chief of police regealia wearing his hat while outdoors. "Agent Trax and Agent Blade, I wish this meeting were on better circumstances. Everythings set up inside ready." He said to them. Trax nodded, "Thank you Chief."

Hazel and the girls arived at the latest crime scene that was uncovered during their flight, it was in an alley between two medium sized buildings, an open street on the opposite side. Hazel got out and flashed her badge to the Officer watching over the crime scene, "It seems odd that the UnSub would drain the victim of blood but using methods that would cause the victim to blood out. Maybe we can find something to why he's doing this." She said to Silver and Autumn as she ducked under the tape.

Blade entered the station with Trax and Holmes. "We understand the severity of the case so far. What do you know that you can tell us?" Blade asked.

Kane and Headshot walked the streets, scouting out areas for a stakeout. "Doesn't matter where they put me, I'll find him and pick him off in a few seconds." Head said confidently. Kane rolled his eyes. "Well we still need to find a good position. They'll see your big ego before you can pull the trigger."

Silverthorn and Autumn followed Hazel under the tape. Autumn winced at the scene. "Blood can be used for a lot of things. Whatever they're doing with it can't be good." Silverthorn said. "Question is what kind of technology can do such a thing?" Autumn asked when she composed herself again.

Holmes sighed, "Unfortunately not much, the guys a ghost, the only people who see him end up in a body bag. We know he's draining his victims of their blood, for what we still dont know." Trax paused looking at the file in his hand, "I think I have that solved." He said holding up the victims files, all of them had something in common, they're blood types were the same, O negative.

Hazel bent down looking closely at the dead body of a woman, "The puncture marks are too wide for a syringe, my guess is its a homemade device he uses to drain the victims blood. Question is, why?"

"You do know its preferable to arrest the UnSub, not kill them." Oakly said as walked up next Kane and Headshot, "Afterall we're supposed uphold the law, not break it, right?"

Blade tilted his head in confusion looking at the file with Trax. "What could you possibly need all that blood for? And why is it all the same type?"

Silverthorn looked closer at the puncture wounds. "What is this guy, a vampire?" She said sarcastically.

"Yes, uphold the law, but at the same time how much mercy are we willing to show a serial killer?" Kane asked. "There could come a time where it's him or us, and we might never know why he did why he did."

Archived