Almost Human (W/AlexTheAngel. free to join.)

BassClef

It seemed like a normal day, In ponyvile... Nothing seemed to be wrong. The ponies did what they did every day... Which was being happy and having fun! But then the weather started to shift... The Pegisi were being blamed, but they were not the culprits. Soon, the clouds covered the sun, so thickly that the town was in darkness. Then... Lightning. A clap of thunder. And an insane cackle of laughter arose as the ground began to open up. A figure emerged from the hole, and spoke with such insanity. "Oh! It's great to be bad!"

(If anyone else wishes to join in on this, please PM me.)

Zed let out a heavy sigh as he strolled through the streets of Ponyville, rubbing the back of his neck. Today was rather interesting, considering everypony seemed to be more uppity than usual, which was always a good thing. Suddenly, the sky began to darken, and deafening claps of thunder along with a bolt of lighting searing across the sky snapped him out of his peaceful daze. He watched as the ground opened up and a humanoid figure emerged from it. Okay, now it was definitely getting interesting... Balling up his fists, Zed approached the figure. "Hey! Could you keep it down? You're scaring everyone." He called.

"I beg your pardon..." Said the humanoid. Now beginning to exit the shadows of smoke. His skin was a light tone of red, his eyes a fiery red, And his hair... Short and brown. His ears were pointed and goat horns grew from his head. He wore a black suit, with a bow-tie, and had a pair of sunglasses in his coat pocket. "I am a demon! I think I'm doing my job QUITE well, if I did say so myself! You see, I just got this job! I'll explain the details later... But right now... I'm here to ehh... Make a panic and such. Now, off with you!" The demon pointed upwards when he finished his talking. "Oh, and do say hello to the big man for me!"

Zed blinked in surprise when the figure fully emerged from within the smoke, his fists clenching even tighter as he took in the sight of the demon. From what it looked like, this was a biblical demon... which he has seen very many times. However, they were still rather powerful, and he has nearly lost his life at the hands of a few on countless occassions. As soon as he saw the demon raise his hand toward the sky, he charged with lightning-quick speed behind him, grabbing the hand he had raised and squeezing tightly. "Yeah, no." He said. If he squeezed any tighter, then the bones in the demons hand would begin snapping. The ponies who were previously in a panic now approched, watching in awe... most of them began to cheer in Zed's favor. It was times like these where he wished he was not so famous and loved... Stupid... Why don't they just run somewhere safe?! Gawking and applauding is not going to keep you alive!

The demon didn't even blink. In fact, he did nothing to remove his hand from Zed's grip. He just chuckled slightly. "Fighter, huh?" He said. "You know... I used to be like you. An angel... So, this... T-this is hard for me to do." The demon started choking on his words, like he was holding back tears. Zed could feel the demon's hand start to heat up. "I'm... Not sorry. Angel." Then, instantly, the demon's hand is on fire and burning Zed's hand.

• 4 weeks later...

Zed blinked in confusion as he heard the demon begin choking on his words, before feeling the demon's hand begin to heat up. This would have been something he expected, and as the demon's hand burst into flames, he was completely unfazed by it, considering he was an elemental. Nevertheless, he sighed and released the demon's hand, clenching his fist to smother out the few tongues of flame that lingered on his fingers, not a single burn on his hand. He walked back out in front of him, watching him carefully. He had mentioned something about being an angel once, and obviously he was in pain after being exiled. Zed relaxed, dropping his defensive stance. "Talk to me." He said.

The Demon was surprised, nonetheless. The Angel took no damage from his fire. Blasted elementals, always ruining the fun. He was considering blasting a fire ball at a random pony, but when The angel moved in front of him and spoke his words, he got an Idea. His flames were instantly gone from his hand, and he brought it up to his chin. "Hmmm... Lets make a deal! I tell you what's up, and you give me the soul of a pony here!"

Zed sighed, shaking his head and clasping his hands behind his back, eyeing the demon cautiously. "Yeah, sorry. That's not going to happen." He said, biting his lip. He had a feeling that this might be a difficult one. "I'm this world's most powerful guardian, and I protect this place because I care about everyone in it." He pushed his reading glasses further up the bridge of his nose. "But I have something better. You tell me what's going on, and I won't encase you in a coffin of ice and send you to the moon." This was no bluff at all. He was sure that Celestia or Luna would not mind sending a trouble-maker such as this into space. "You can go ahead and attack me right now... but is that really what you want?"

"Hmm... Can't make that deal. Boss man told me I gotta take a soul for him. It can be of anything, as long as i take it for the big ol' devil himself to torture. Like a sick and dyeing ehh... Pet, that's already being put down." The demon plainly said. Looking over the crowd of ponies as he stuck out a snake like tongue and hissed. "Ehh, fine. I'll talk. But that doesn't mean you have defeated me! Oh, no! We still gotta fight later!"

"And I look forward to it. Believe me." He said, tapping a finger against his inner elbow as he kept his arms crossed. This one might be a bit difficult to deal with without a chaotic showdown, but he was determined to at least try and work this out peacefully. "By the way, I'm not a fighter. That title offends me. I'd like to think of myself more as a protector." He sighed, never taking his eyes off the demon. "So, tell me... what made you want to become like this? Did you not have a choice?" His tone carried an obvious trace of sincerity.

"Its my job now to offend! Believe me, I would stop! I just cant mentally tell myself! So, if it offends you to be called a fighter, then I must do my duty and offend you. Fighter!" The demon chuckled, snapping his fingers to use his magic. Behind Zed was some floating text, that reads "This one is a fighter!" With an arrow pointed to him.

Zed shook his head and rubbed his eyes, giving an annoyed sigh. This one will indeed be difficult to deal with. Zed never cared for jumping straight into a fight without first trying to work things out without any conflict. "Don't avoid the question." He said rather sternly, glaring at the demon. "Why did you become this way? Were you banished, like me?"

"Phht... I spoke out... Giving sympathy to the devil himself. Felt bad for Lucifer, all he wanted was to rule himself. I can understand him... Kinda feel free the same way, now." The demon sighed, looking up now. "Ah, but how I do miss the taste of heaven... It's soft, and cool embrace. But, now I got this new job! Do what I want, rule myself, and in exchange I must bring one soul of the living to my new boss!"

Archived