Fallout: Out into the world

BraveShield

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Garon shrugged, or at least tried to. "I don't know. I'm not the one who signs the contracts, and I doubt our employers gave a reason anyway" he sighed. "what are you going to do? we might as well get it over with"

Xarame looked at the Garon carefully. 

She knew Jay would probably let the strange pony travel with them, despite her concerns; she was a little naive and liked to see the best in everypony. Xarame still didn't trust him though, and the griffin would make a useful ally if the pony did prove to be a problem...

"My name is Xarame," She said finally, "And I am not going to kill you. What was the value of your contract?" 

What xarame thought was true jay liked to see the good in ponies it had got her in trouble more then a few times but thankfully she had somepony there to help her

This time she had xarame and she was more then capable to be able to protect jay from others

"about 2500 caps. I doubt most of the talons would put this on pause but....." he hesitated, looking around. "I think I can make an exception, in this case. terms of my survival?"

Xarame studied him for a moment, looking for any signs of deception, then pulled a small vial out of her bags; the antidote to the paralysis powder. 

"The pony you were searching for... My friend seems to trust him. I do not. If I am proved to be justified in my distrust, you will have your bounty, but until then, you will travel with us, and help me keep a careful watch on him." 

She moved closer to him. 

"Either you help me in this, or snap your neck like a twig. Do we have an understanding?" 

Xarame nodded, and poured the antidote into his beak. 

"Quietly," She warned, as the paralysis wore off, "Allow me to do the talking, and do not make any aggressive moves."

She started walking after Jay, then stopped and turned to him. 

"I apologise," She said, before spinning and striking him hard across the face with her rear hoof, opening a nasty gash on his cheek.

"It will be easier if we appear to have been in a fight," She explained, landing her spinning kick in an elegant crouch. 

"You will have to hit me too," She added, reluctantly.

Xarame staggered a bit and winced, looking at the wounds. Good thing Jay was a skilled healer... 

"Yes," She nodded, trying to keep the pain out of her voice, "Now, allow me to lean on you, and remember; you aided me in fighting the rest of your company, yes?" 

She disliked lying to Jay, but she felt it was necessary to protect her. 

Jay gasped as she saw xarames wound

She didn't even care who the griffon was or that he was one of the talon mercs

"What happened?" Jay asked as se rushed over and started healing her zebra friend

Xarame let go of Garon and rested against a tree as Jay healed her. 

"I was spotted; they were too many, and overwhelmed me, but this griffin helped me fight them back enough to escape." She explained, sighing a little with relief as the pain receded. 

Xarame raised an eyebrow. 

"And since when do I do everything you ask of me? Besides, it matters not; I am fine." She said, standing up, a little stiff but no longer bleeding. 

"We should keep moving, and I believe this griffin may also require your attention." She added, looking at Garon. 

Archived