Fallout: Out into the world

BraveShield

Xarame's eyes snapped open and she looked around, silently cursing herself for having fallen asleep. Everything seemed okay though, and she could still feel the warm body of Jay pressed up against her, sleeping peacefully. 

She moved the blanket a little so she could see Jay's face, and allowed herself a brief smile; her friend was safe, and she even seemed to be happy. She didn't disturb her as she looked up and scanned the cave again, searching for Darky or Garon...

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Yeah, I know XD)

Xarame looked down and gently stroked Jay's mane as she was nuzzled. By the Stars she wanted to kiss her...

She shook her head, dismissing such thoughts, and instead looked to Garon as he flew back in.

"No sign of the rest of your company?" She asked, trying not to wake Jay. She had to know if it was safe for them to leave the cave, and which way it would be best to go.

Xarame nodded to Garon, then looked back down as Jay stirred. She sighed, knowing they needed to get up and get going; to put as much distance between them and the Talons as possible. 

"Jay," She said, softly, gently shaking her a bit in her hooves, "Jay my friend, it is time to wake," 

Xarame froze up as she gazed into those green eyes, lost. Her ear twitched slightly as she fought with all her strength to stop herself from kissing the beautiful mare. 

After what felt to her like an hour, she coughed softly, and looked away. 

"We... we must arise, and be on our way," She said finally, looking at the mouth of the cave, "We have no time to waste." 

Xarame looked around, then sat next to Darky.

"It is not me you should be thanking," She said, matter-of-factedly "It was not my idea to help you." 

"But..." She looked back into the cave, "I am glad to see my fears about you seem to have been unfounded."

Jay smiled and hugged xarame

Sticking her breakfast in her saddle bag like she normally did

Although she would probably hand darky and garon they'res sence jay didn't really feel comfertable hugging them yet

Xarame hugged Jay back, and gave her the tiniest of smiles, then resumed her usual, serious expression. 

She sat and ate a little of her breakfast, looking upriver as she waited for the others; she was trying to get a feel for the route they would be taking. The river wound up into the hills, disappearing among the craggy rocks near the top. 

Darky got hungry soon and went to his bag, then took out an apple. A real red apple. Something really hard to find, and he ate it as if it was nothing. Something he had plenty off. And indeed he had.

Archived