Arcus [Ready!]

Arcus

Note!: I'm not sure if we can have characters who are Royal Guard officers, so please tell me if I need to change anything, as I just took this and hammered, bashed and reworked it from another site I'm on. I will work on it as soon as possible once notified! Thank you! 

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria!

Name:
Arcus / Arcus Revenir (Note: He's told almost nopony about his other name, he's known only as Arcus!)

Sex:
Male

Species:
Pegasus

Eye colour:
A weird Dull Orange!

Coat:
Blue-Silver!

Mane/Tail:
Chocolate Brown! Mmm, tast- wait...

Physique:
Coming from the rigorus training of the Royal Guard, Arcus is a surprisingly well-built, tall stallion. He has pretty average sized wings, and usually cuts his mane and tail short, as required.

Residence:
Cloudsdale's home, but Canterlot is where duty calls him!

Lieutenant Colonel, serving the Royal Equestrian Army.

Cutie Mark:
An arrow embedding into a shield, leaving a trail of night-blue light.

History:
Born to a pegasus mother, and a unicorn father, Arcus led a pretty hectic life. His father, Thunderstrike, served in the Royal Equestrian Army, so Arcus didn't really get to see him much. But his parents couldn't let Arcus stay at home either, since his mother often accompanied his father, and he didn't really have any relatives to take care of him at home. So they did the next best thing, and took their son along with them, wherever his father was going. As a result, Arcus got to travel a lot, never really settling down, never really making any friends, for he knew that they'd eventually move away anyway. Sure, it was a little sad...

But hey, good things come to those who wait!

A few years later, Arcus' dad settled down to a little more permanent position. Serving as one of the many "Guardians", tasked with protecting civilians against various attacks from wildlife, and the like. They didn't have to move around as much, but they were still far apart, with Arcus staring at his father's station in Canterlot from Cloudsdale up above, longing to be with his father...

And, one night, staring at Canterlot from the clouds above, Arcus decided. If his father couldn't come to Arcus...

He'd be the one to come to him.

And so, little Arcus threw his decision to fate. To serve Equestria, following in the hoofsteps of his father...

And fate gave it's answer.

Soon after the decision, under the soft, shining light of Luna's moon, Arcus gained his cutie mark. A simple arrow, embedding into a shield, and leaving a trail of night-blue, glowing light. He thought it was fitting, of course, as he would aspire to be just like that arrow...

He would hit his mark.

=== The Years After ==

Years after deciding and gaining his cutie mark, Arcus joined and underwent the rigorous training of the Royal Equestrian Guard, and has risen up it's ranks, from his enlistment as a officer recruit, up to his current commisioned position of Lieutenant Colonel. Much to the delight of Thunderstrike, Arcus decided to become one of the many "Guardians" as well, devoting his life to keeping the citizens of Equestria safe from harm.

He occasionally visits the REA's training centers, listening to the stories of the new recruits, and maybe even sharing stories of his own.

Because he knows that they can do it too.

They can hit their marks.

Character Summary:
Arcus loves his job, serving in the Royal Equestrian Army, and he loves it when others decide to do so as well. Under the training of the Royal Guard, he's taken many defensive and weapon courses, proving himself to be as proficient in using the spear as he is at using words to solve conflict. He's also a proficient flyer, practicing his flight patterns often. He's also practiced diving like the arrows of his name, twisting and falling like a literal arrow in flight. In his free time, aside from practicing his flying, Arcus swims! Especially in the great lakes under Cloudsdale, Arcus does try to sneak some swimming into his schedule from time to time. It also gives him a chance to practice diving into water, which is a plus! Like the water he loves swimming and floating around in, Arcus is a pretty free-flowing and natural stallion. He's optimistic, rarely seen without a smile, even in the most serious of moments. He finds ways to comfort others, as seeing others in pain is one of the things he hates the most. He can be protective at times, and believes that there's much more to life than just living for yourself. He'd much rather talk than fight. He likes making friends, especially among his fellow Royal Guards. He finds it much more enjoyable to work when there's friends all around you. He can be rather lazy at times, however, and cutting deadlines close are some of his worst fears. He tries to work on it, though, honest!

Well, i see no problems with having someone in the Royal guard. The rules with that i believe is that their can be no direct, whats the word, i think its affiliation, with the princesses. 

So yeah, have a blast making Arcus again :)

Ah, well, that actually means I won't have to rework his backstory!

Although, one more thing...

Are items like bows allowed? I already have a workaround if they aren't, just making sure!

Thank you!

I'm not an rp staff, and would never call myself one without the actual title, so don't take my advice over theirs, but...:

I'm pretty sure Royal Guards are allowed.  In fact, Agile Speeds, the character in my signature is a Royal Guard!  There is a character lore to follow, which is also in that thread.  I admit, I would like to rp with your character after it has been approved.

Archived