Fallout Equestria

BraveShield

Taffy went a little cross-eyed as she looked at Arcus' hoof, then blushed a little and sat down.

"Sorry," She said, smiling sheepishly, "Ah'm fine really, jus' a bit sleepy; didn't sleep too well las' night, fer some reason..." She joked.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arcus rolled his eyes, sitting down beside her.

"Oh, really?" He chuckled, putting a hoof to his chin in mock thinking. "I wonder why..."

"Maybe because you slept in a tree?" He smiled, raising an eyebrow at her. Taking out one of his arrows, he started twirling it idly in his hoof, but kept his eyes on Taffy.

Qaline stood slightly to the side, watching. "you know, I've never really had any friends...." she said, surprised to find herself sad, then laughed bitterly. "probably because I end up killing most of the ponies I meet"

Taffy looked over at Qaline, smiling sympathetically. 

"Ah know it can be hard t' care in the wasteland, but ya don't have t' be alone," She said, trying to seem friendly.

"Ah'd certainly rather be your friend than one of the ponies ya kill, if those are mah only options," She added, chuckling. 

Lullaby smiled to Star as she turned around, "Well, you know those two..." She said pointing to Thunder and Lucky, giggling.

"This is my dad." She said as she pointed to Darky.

He smiled to her with a small nod, being slightly bigger than her.

"And this... just some ponies we met."she said as she gestured to the others.

"and at this point, I'd be glad to make a couple friends" she said, smiling slightly despite herself. "it would be a nice change from being suspicious of everypony I meet"

Star looked at lucky and thunder and said hi to them, ace, and Lullaby's father before she walked towards the three other ponies

"Hello.....I'm Star Watcher" she said introducing herself

"Well then it's settled; we'll be the best of friends!" Taffy announced, grinning widely at Qaline. 

She chuckled a bit, then turned when the deer approached them. 

"Nice t' meetcha, Star Watcher," She said, still smiling, and offering a blackened hoof.

"indeed. I am Qaline" she said, holding out a hoof.

she had not met a deer before, and found this one quite fascinating. she caught herself examining them for strengths and weaknessses.

Star shook each of they're hooves in turn then bowed showing them her way to greet others

As for her strengths and weaknesses she was large not including her antlers

Most likly making it hard to move they small spaces

Although as for a strength anyone could guess she had a trick up her sleeve as she carried no weapons and looked more dangerous then taffy with her big muscles

Arcus had watched as the deer approached, the arrow still twirling in his hoof. Star Watcher, huh?

She certainly looked interesting, that was for sure. And she sure looked like she could hold her own in a fight, what with those gigantic antlers of hers.

"Well, I guess you're now the first deer I've ever met? I'm Arcus, by the way." He chuckled, nodding towards them.

"Huh, never thought there would be much stuff on a boat..." Arcus chuckled, replacing the arrow he had been previously playing with back into his quiver.

"But seriously, we should probably find a way to fix the boat, if we wanna get going soon..." He remarked, staring at the boat's quite obvious hole in it's hull.

Taffy looked over at Qaline and nodded, before turning back to Star.

"Well yeah, Ah guessed that, but, um... Ya didn't take anythin' important from the ship's engines, did ya?" Taffy asked, wincing a little. 

Her new-born dream of restoring the boat seemed to be fading fast...

Taffy sighed with relief and smiled.

"Oh, shiny," She said, brightly, before shaking her head and looking at Arcus, remembering what he'd said. 

"Fixin' it? Ah don't even know if it'll be possible yet, or what we'll need t' do it; Ah c'n patch the hull easy enough, but Ah really need t' look at the engine. If that c'n be fixed, then maybe..." 

"... Skeletons?" Arcus asked, raising an eyebrow in surprise.

"Okaaaaay, then! I guess we have some clean-up to do... Along with the fixing!" He laughed, shaking his head. "And don't worry, the engine can't be that bad, right?" He replied, smiling towards Taffy, and bumping her playfully.

Taffy smiled amusedly, and rolled her eyes at Arcus. 

"You've seen the wasteland, right? It c'n always be that bad!" She exclaimed, looked at the ship with a mix of pity and hope. 

"Ah'm good, but Ah'm not a miracle worker; mos' engines in the wastes're seized solid, with broken crystals an' ruined spark batteries, good t' nopony. But... Ah dunno, Ah got a good feelin' about this old girl..."

"Taffy, I've wandered the wasteland since birth. You think I don't know?" Arcus laughed, shaking his head.

"But... it can't hurt to hope, can it? And, well, I never say always. Nothing's ever sure." He grinned, following after Qaline.

"Now c'mon, we've got a boat to fix!"

Archived