Male characters.

VGAddict

While in some ways I get the desire for balance between the genders, and in an ideal world I might agree, as things stand I'm very happy with the show the way it is.

I see a lot of male-dominated media.  FiM is the first, and thus far only primarily-female series that I am actually invested in.  As such, to me it feels more novel and is a nice counterpoint to a lot of series out there.

I am often happy when male characters are developed, but that has more to do with the fact that I simply like watching when the side characters get more screentime.

I don't really think there's any need to change the shows gender dynamic - if you're looking for well rounded male characters, go watch one of the many other shows out there already...this one is fine as it is.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

So I say no, don't focus on male characters.

However, that isn't to say we shouldn't explore male characters.

The episode about Big Mac pretending to be Apple Bloom's sister revealed a lot about his character and could be seen as development.

I wouldn't mind a male character getting prominant screen time like the mane 6. If they introduced Flash in FiM, they could really do a lot with his character and make him a likeable fleshed out character.

But personally, I think the female-driven show works fine. It's refreshing, actually, to see a predominantly female cast that doesn't feel like all female-cliches.

(forgot to quote and I cant quote on edit mode, the persons right above me anyways ^^^^^^^^)

yay someone who had the same idea I had

one main reason, from the beginning of my little pony it was meant to be a show for little girls (not saying this in bad way just it was literally meant to be made that way I think) and then bronys came along and liked it and Hasbro didn't want to change the main characters, just what I'm getting at with the main characters

Its important to take into account that boys are more often prioritized over girls when it comes to cartoon media aimed at little kids. Its part of our responsibility as fans of the show to keep in mind that this is an IP made as a safe thing for little girls to have and be theres. its not FOR guys, therefore the male ponies of the series dont receive as much attention and you have to keep in mind that this is fair. Guys have plenty of things just for them too where female characters are used almost solely as eye candy or plot devices, so no one is really in any place to complain about the development of male characters in the show.

Its important to take into account that boys are more often prioritized over girls when it comes to cartoon media aimed at little kids. Its part of our responsibility as fans of the show to keep in mind that this is an IP made as a safe thing for little girls to have and be theres. its not FOR guys, therefore the male ponies of the series dont receive as much attention and you have to keep in mind that this is fair. Guys have plenty of things just for them too where female characters are used almost solely as eye candy or plot devices, so no one is really in any place to complain about the development of male characters in the show.

Lots of text completed, reason completed, scanning........ Compleat, buffering....... Error, too much agreement with that statement

Archived