Spoooky Ghost Ship Adventure

Pre-Amble:

"Near the shores of Baltimare upon a foggy early morning, a group of sailor ponies gathering up sponges were shocked to see a large, skeletal wreck crashed upon the rocks. As they pulled closer, to see if every pony was okay, a ghostly wail emanated from the ship as unseen shapes moved about. The sailors made a quick escape and have been spreading stories throughout Baltimare- which is exactly why someone needs to go and check it out!"

OOC Plot Idea:

Midnight Mask wants to do a supernatural investigation on this crashed ship, but she'll need other able bodied ponies to get the job done, going so far as to put up some job postings and such.

There will be weird dohickies and séances and possibly some Scooby-doo-esque antics.

Actual danger or combat will be minimal in comparison to investigation and banter.

Good Candidates:

• Pony's interested in occult lore/spooky stuff
  • Science pony's looking to debunk it
  • Sailor/Nautical ponies to navigate
  • Nocturnal ponies
  • investigators
  • Treasure hunters
  • Experts in structures (the thing is kind of archeological, to a degree)
  • Any pony who would think this was fun enough to go charging off into the night on a boat towards a purportedly haunted area.

RP Structure: Will be in a series of 'phases' to keep things moving.

Phase 1: Gathering at the docks
Phase 1.5: Some description of travel if there's a particular nautical pony wanting to take the wheel and show off.

Phase 2: On the boat. Provided the trip goes well, the boat will get it's description and our ponies will get a chance to check out it's immediate interior.

Phase 3: Exploration: Figuring out the mystery of this spooky boat will take a little moving around.

Phase 4: Reveal and Wrap Up: The source of the haunting is found and characters may react as they see fit. There might even be some kind of lesson on friendship. :D

So, any takers? (Probably best to limit to under 8 ponies total to keep it from bogging down/losing focus)

[This might also be a good time for me to ask about rules on NPCs...]

...Spooky adventure times at Baltimare, you say? Well I for one think this group is gonna be hard pressed keeping a certain adamant filly from finding a way to bring herself along. c: Tripp Hardy will NOT want to pass this up.

Should we need a more *ahem* seasoned pony, however, I will gladly contribute Nightflight for her quick reflexes, bravery, and generally being accustomed to nighttime activity.

So, we have a young pony (hopefully with parental permission slip or really good stowaway skills), Guardian, and an occultist. Those all sound like reasonable people to investigate something.

Probably going to wait a little longer for more interest, then get an initial thread started tomorrow.

Well...

One of my OC's is a detective/Ace Attorney-like OC...

He's not the type to believe supernatural stuff. All he would want to do is to find out the truth.

Let me know if that sounds okay to you.

Archived