Cartoon Nostalgia Thread

So another topic got me to realize that we don't really have a thread dedicated to the wonder that was 80s and 90s [and even some 2000s] cartoons. And while it may not be the golden age of cartoons that many of us like to see through our rose tinted glasses, it doesn't change the fact that the cartoons we grew up with hold a special place in our memories, no matter how good or bad. I mean, let's face it, not every show could be as awesome as Daria or Batman: The Animated Series. Or as ground breaking as Samurai Jack (WHICH IS COMING BACK!). You even had shows with [unfinished] amazing story lines like the Pirates of Dark Water. 

The point of the matter is that we had some completely awesome cartoons back in the day, and we should have a place to discuss them. I do have one request for the thread... keep it to American produced cartoons. As much as I love anime, that is its own topic.... And there are plenty of American, Canadian and otherwise European Cartoons to last multitudes of discussion. 

Also, speaking of Samurai Jack returning to see an end to its  story, I now wonder if we'll ever see Pirates of Dark Water revived to do the same.

Clone High. I think that's what it was called. A highschool that was actually a facility where they trained clones of the greatest minds and figures from the whole spectrum of history including Abe Lincoln, Gandi and Marlynn Monroe(not a great mind but famous xD) It was an AWESOME show! And I remember finding it actually quite funny before killing it after... 1 or 2 seasons I believe.

Invader Zim too.Now that I'm much older I looked back on it a few years ago and realized how smart and hilarious it's humor was. I regret not liking it when I was little. But the fans are still so rabid that the creator just flips the bird... And frankly I don't blame him. <3 that show but gosh I'm happy he doesn't sellout.

and YES! The conclusion to Samurai Jack is looking to be a sheer EPIC one at that.

Archived