Stallions and Mares (closed)

RainbowFoxxy

The alabaster mare gave a slight laugh.  Of course Applejack would be fine with using her name; it wasn't as if she had a title to insist upon.  Although truth be told, she could probably have one if she asked for it.  Her aid to the Equestrian Crown, combined with her huge tracts of land, fulfilled all the requirements for the establishment of a new Noble House.  Not a full Duchess, perhaps, but a Marquess at least.  Perhaps that could be a subject broached over dinner?

"Well, while I'm like this, I tend to go by Princess Bluebelle."  She answered the Apple mare.  "Not that the difference means much; I mean, I'm still the same pony and all, but I think some recognition of my change station was fair.  After all, it'd be pretty silly to keep calling myself a Prince under the circumstances, wouldn't you agree?"  Blue passed off the comment with a light laugh as he turned to Applejack's... nephew, niece?  How should he be called?

It was right then that the first notion of what might actually be going on struck him.  All three mares were wanting Valen to go out... in a dress... as Valencia.  Had they heard about the Princess' little experiment with Valencia as a maid?  Well, they certainly had now, but were they aware of its purpose?  Well, if she wasn't planning to attend before, she certainly would do so now.  The situation could use her unique perspective, after all.  "Oh, I'm quite aware of that, don't worry.  I hope you know... that you don't have to take orders any longer than you want to."  She hoped that Valen caught the implied pledge of support to their autonomy.  From what Bluebelle could tell, they were going to need it.

And soon they were all ready.  Bluebelle had by now purchased an evening dress (of which she was also in need of anyhow), and changing into it had taken little to no time.  After all the preparation this morning, she hardly needed to spend a lot of time to look good in the evening!  Neither did Rarity, to be fair, though Applejack and Rainbow Dash... seemed to be in need of a little work.  The Princess did raise an eyebrow at the cyan pegasus' suit, but more in appreciation than skepticism.  "You don't see many mares attempt the suit look; usually it requires special tailoring to pull off.  I know one that specializes in making female suits, though.  I think the look especially suits pegasi, possibly because of the military origins of the style."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dashiebanner_zps8kipjuya.jpgaj%20banner%20copy_zps0fwuymoh.jpgrarity_banner_by_zacatron94-d6mc6qs.png

"Darling you certainly have the keenest of fashion sense!" She trotted around Valen in excitement. "Oh Rainbow? Applejack dear?" She called to the mares. "You both look ravishing by the way!" She smiled. "Of course a couple alterations are in order but I'll have that taken care of it with a couple stitches. First let's get to those manes!"

Magic glowed through Rarity's horn and travelled towards the two mares. "Now hold still you two!"

"Wait just a second there Rarity!" AJ took a step back. "What exactly are ya plannin' on doin' tah my mane?" She was fine with the dress, she'd done that lots of times but it would be nice to at least know what Rarity's magic was going to do to her mane.

"Come now darling! You know you need a fancy mane to go with your dress!"

AJ glanced at Valen. She figured he had helped Rarity pick the mane do. Well, she would go along with it. She needed to show Valen that sometimes you just had to go along with what others saw as best. Sometimes one couldn't see clearly and it could help to have other ponies help you out. That was what she wanted Valen to see.

"Alright Rarity...go ahead." She tried to smile as her mane was bobbed and wrapped into a glamorous do high above her head. 

"Wow AJ, that looks really nice with your dress!" Rainbow couldn't take her eyes off AJ. She had always looked really nice in dresses and at fancy events. 

It wasn't long before all three mares were ready to go. Rainbow smiled at the Princess as she commented on the suit.

"Aw thanks! It's a new look for me but I like it already!" She nodded. "It would be cool to find a tailor who makes suits specifically for mares!"

"Alright darlings! Are we ready to leave?" Rarity called out across the room.

It was nice to know that Bluebelle wasn't going to join the part of the party that wanted to force anything on him. She had been a very kind and generous employer, and that was even after giving allowances for knowing what the true meaning of the whole operation was. He hasn't gone there for some work experience or because he owed a favor- he went there because he was wanting to work around one of the few ponies, and obviously the most famous, who was having anything like the same personal conflict he was. It was very different of course, but it was close enough to matter to him. She had been sweet enough to work with him. 

In the end, what had he learned? There were lessons he was still parsing through even now so he wasn't really qualified to say. But he did know that he was ever thankful for the gift she had given him, and he wasn't ignorant of her word choice. She would be here as a friend, not a superior, and would allow him to drift on the river of discovery on his own now. It was another wonderful gift she had given him. "Thank you, Princess. I'll remember that tonight," he said, not needing to add the subtext. It spoke for itself.

Speaking of speaking for itself- Rarity went to town on the two more aggressive mares in the only way she could, with the power of fashion. Applejack in particular didn't look too excited, but went along with it for the sake of the night out, he figured, while Rainbow had entered into a dizzying world of personal confusion that had only lightly been explored. In short, they were easy pickings. It didn't hurt that with Valen sitting there looking as glorious as always they needed to ensure they stepped their game up for the night out, even if he was the one least enthused about the prospect. 

They came out looking great. Personally Valen wasn't a huge fan of Applejack's look, but it suited her- and for a night like tonight, that was what mattered. A night like tonight. Sigh. He had imagined it going somewhat differently, but he guessed this was still one of the better options. And no doubt they'd have fun, especially once he made sure to dive into the feminine rolls that existed within.

"Yes, I suppose I am as ready as I'll ever be," he said, wondering what accent to stick with tonight. He had many of them after all, and if this night needed one thing more it was just a little security in anonymity.

By now, Princess Bluebelle felt relatively confident in navigating this particular stretch of social waters.  She had signaled support for Valen, established at least a good tacking angle towards Rarity should the dreaded-yet-deferred storm end up breaking out after all, and established friendly contact with Applejack and Rainbow Dash.  There might yet be reefs, especially if she continued this nautical metaphor too far, but tonight's forecast so far was smooth sailing!

"I'll be sure to give you a referral to her, Miss Rainbow, or do you prefer Miss Dash?"  The Princess chatted idly as they waited for Rarity to finish her final preparations on the pegasus and earth pony.  "I thought about going to her myself, but then, I wear suits all the time as a stallion; and Rarity's boutique is closer to me anyway.  Especially now with the Canterlot Branch opening, but there's no substitute, I feel, to talking to the pony whose name is on the sign.  It would be like visiting an Apple Farm without a member of the Apple Family!"  A little bit of company-pleasing banter couldn't hurt, after all.

At last, however, the whole party was ready.  Even Bluebelle would admit that this company wouldn't shame themselves for looks, not even next to her.  Not that there would be any doubt of the standout star once they went on the town, of course, but there would be plenty of mares for all eyes to have somepony worth seeing.  "I'm always ready, Miss Rarity; you needn't worry about that.  So... where are we going?"  The Princess wasn't aware of any fancy destination in this small town, but then again, Princess Twilight had been a huge engine driver of growth and development lately.  Perhaps there was a new hot place in town, which would get even hotter after they all visited at once!

Archived