Stallions and Mares (closed)

RainbowFoxxy

You had to give Rarity credit. She was a designer par excellance, and that meant she could take risks others would never dream of. Rarely could you see a designer do what she did and get away with it. Not that fashion shows were anything more than vain extensions of a designer's self-interest and  creativity with few if any items being of practical use. That was another reason why Rarity was special. Her designs were often a bit more practical than others. You didn't need exremity to show off flair, show off creativity, and she was evidence of that.

So, her theme for this was...fire and ice, it seemed. He looked at the clothes- odd choice as usually the themes were more abstract concepts or wishes rather than elements. But there wasn't anything wrong with a more blunt direction he figured. Besides, the clothes themselves were wonderful, as usual. Other ponies may try to conflate the issue and try to draw more conclusions than were needed from it all, but he liked these clothes and styles. The fact some ponies couldn't just let it be was on them, and he was more than happy to accept this of himself.

But no matter. Now was a time to do what he enjoyed doing so well, and that was get into some nice clothes and show them off. He picked what seemed like the most simple one to start with, a formal dress. They were always nice ice breakers to crowds with expectations because they were just overblown enough to satisfy the senses and just practical enough to hint at the beauty inherent in the design rather than in color or code. It was a gentle trade between light yellows and oranges scented with clear gems that sparkled like ice. 

It was really very pretty. Of course there was more to getting ready than just the dress. He didn't have a lot of time to do his mane or makeup, but he made sure to pick out some nice white stockings and bottom shoes- nothing truly fashionable right around here, but he could fix that. Besides- next piece would require more business stuff, and the last something simple if anything. he got into the piece in relatively short order, and then made sure to adjust it. There was no big show to be worried about, but the thing about any clothes is that they drew attention to what wasn't covered. After he took care of business, he took a breath and opened the door.

"How does this look?" He asked, masking his nervousness well. He made sure to fill the silence. "I need to do some work on the mane and makeup though. Lighter shading to bring out the colors. Maybe some new shoes to bring it out?" He made sure to pose, and then twirl in place. "It feels wonderful, Rarity. Tell me more about this one!"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aj%20banner%20copy_zps0fwuymoh.jpgrarity_banner_by_zacatron94-d6mc6qs.png dashiebanner_zps8kipjuya.jpg

When Applejack trotted over to Rarity's call, RD lingered for a few moments next to the stallion styles. Her hoof ran its way along the lapel of a fancy tuxedo jacket and she glanced towards where the others were. The mare absently blew a few stray forelocks out of her face as she examined the handsome long sleeved shirt that went under the jacket. She could see it was embroidered with small stitched patterns. These small touches were an unspoken accolade to Rarity's talents.

"Looks awesome Rarity..." She muttered quietly to herself. She looked around again and then casually took a few articles of clothing from their places on the display racks. Her heart sped up a little as she held them over her arm.

"Rainbow Daaaaaash!" Rarity's high pitched elongation of her name made Dash suck in a breath and drop the clothes under a low hanging rack nearby. "Could you be a dear and come over here? I'd just love another opinion on this ensemble."

The unicorn's eyes sparkled in enjoyment as Valen did a twirl. Her work looked lovely on its own, this much she knew. But where somepony with a figure like Valen had a chance to model, then it was hard not to let her head swell just a teensy tiny bit!

"Well! You look absolutely fabulous darling! Just wonderful!" She giggled lightly and clapped her hooves together. As he mentioned make up and shoe she trotted over. "Why of course! Might as well look the part." A jeweled make up kit levitate into view, surrounded by Rarity's blue magic aura. 

Applejack sat back on the cushioned seat, trying her best to look cool and collected. "Yep! Why not dress this up a notch eh Valen?" She smiled and winked at her cousin. "Make him up right nice there Rarity...heh heh..." She tried to sound confident with her words but it was difficult. There was turmoil growing in the pit of her stomach over this whole venture. For a while she had been fully in control but as soon as Valen displayed that first dress...well, it just didn't seem natural! He was a stallion for cryin' in the night! A stallion! Stallions were rough around the edges, not covered in soft fabrics. They smelled like earth and soil, not pretty perfumes. They worked hard and got dirty. This wasn't the place for a stallion! At least not in the farm mare's mind. Perhaps it was the image of Big Mac that drove her mind set, perhaps it was just growin' up on the farm in general... what ever it was... this was going to be harder than she thought. But she would carry on! It was best for her family after all. Valen needed to know who he really was. If he really was a mare, today was the day he would start living that out full time.

"Yup, fancy him all up there Rarity!" She rubbed a hoof across the brim of her hat and sat back. Just keep it together AJ...this is for your family...

As she began to pull out make up items Rarity spoke about the dress. "Well I'm glad you asked! I call this one Indigo Heat. I kept the lines as soft as I could while at the same time cutting the dress to suit a formal night out. As you can see it falls just above floor height so as to allow the wearer room for walking and dancing. The neck line plunges just a tab to give the dress a certain allure while still staying sheik. It's a versatile piece for a variety of occasions though definitely designed with the Grand Galloping Gala in mind."

When she finished speaking she stepped back from Valen to survey her work. He now wore a powered foundation, deep blue eye shadow that faded to lighter blue as it moved upwards, and mascara.

"Now we would usually do the false eyelashes for modeling, but I think this will do for now. " She could apply a protective magic over the make up when he changed attire to keep it off the fabrics. "Give us another twirl now would you darling?"

Rarity smiled. "Ravishing isn't he Applejack?"

"Uhhhh... oh yeah! Sure is...uhhh...ravishing." AJ spoke as confidently as she could.

Rarity still thought the situation be be a rather odd one, though as they were doing what she loved the most, she got a little lost in the moment! She made a note in the back of her mind to talk this whole affair over with Applejack at some point.

While Rarity had been applying make up, RD had taken the opportunity to sneak into the dressing rooms with her hoof picked items. No need to bother any pony. She'd just try them on quickly and then slip out and sit by AJ. Nopony needed to know what she was up to...

"Lookin' good RD..." She whispered softly as she glanced in the dressing room mirror.

It took Valen more than a moment or two to get fully into his stage persona, pretty surely on account of knowing what was going on. But get into it did, because while there were many things he was learned in, there was but one he was exquisitively talented in. He struck his poses well, which when you showed off a gentle dress like this were poses of elegant and gentle feminity. It didn't hurt his cause any that Rarity's designs, as opposed to many others, were easy on the legs and he didn't fear he was going to stretch them out. It was a small deal, but it allows him to be comfortable, and comfort (unknown to Valen) was what both mares had their eyes on.

Applejack was trying to fake her enthusiasm. Why was she even doing this if she didn't want to have answers? More importantly, what questions was she asking herself, and what answers were being drawn? For such an honest mare she kept secrets close to her heart until she felt like acting on them. And when they involved Valen, he was worried. She could be incredibly stubborn when she made up her mind. Rarity was the way Valen believed she would be. Excited by it. Not entirely overblown by it, but she was into it. Hopefully it was just the fashions, which he couldn't blame her for. They were exquisite. And what was Dash doing? He could see her, but couldn't focus as he had more pressing matters to attend to.

"That would be a good idea, Miss Rarity. The dress is beautifully designed by the way- has more breathing room than others, but still looks just as chic. Easy to move on the legs, the poses were very easy to perform!" he said, stopping to allow her to apply makeup. It didn't take long, and during it she made sure to explain the look she was going for. Indigo Heat? An elegant name for an elegant design This could work under almost any moon, and he would be proud to show it off at a real show someday. "Excellent work, as always, Miss Rarity," he said, excited to see what she did. And what she did- was good. She could make a mule a mare and a seapony a griffon with enough time and effort.

They asked for him to show off again and he did. He did it with more verve and energy this time. He treated this like an honrst to goodness runway and he was good at it, striking his poses with feeling and showing off the feminine curves of the design with slow twirls mixed in with quicker moves to send parts of it into the air, showcasing each layer, each piece of fabric, every great part of this excellent design. He wiped his mane out, gave a look, and after a few more moments, strutted to the back. You could almost taste the energy! Well, you could if it was a real show, and not something being done to placate Applejack in such an unusual manner.

He went into the back and looked at the second piece, a number with a more modest intent in mind. It wasn't as glamorous as some of her other designs but this one was focused more on function than form, even though he believed he knew a few fillies or mares who would look ravishing in it. And one colt, he thought smugly to himself, who could do it as well. It was a business outfit, suited for the board meetings his parents attended. There was a short pencil skirt that shared the same tradeoff in colord as before, though muted for a more professional environment. A white button down blouse followed and a wrap arund the neck, mostly blues and dark tones, wrap fire colors. He then got all four high heels- as with most sets of four, the back two were slightly higher than the first- and walked out, ready to show off the businessmare look of ths line.

As he pulled through and onto the stage, he caught the top of Dash's mane in a changing room- but he had other things to worry about, even as his mind clouded up with questions.

aj%20banner%20copy_zps0fwuymoh.jpgrarity_banner_by_zacatron94-d6mc6qs.png dashiebanner_zps8kipjuya.jpg

Rarity could feel Valen's prowess from where she stood. He wasn't just good at this...he was well...

"Absolutely ravishing darling!" Rarity called out to Valen as he made his way back to change into the next outfit. "I know my designs are the cutting edge but you just make them come to life!" She laughed in delight and clopped her hooves together with glee. She just had to have him in the spot light more often!

"AJ dear, thank you for bringing Valen by today. He's been such a good model for me, I'm just happy to see you're taking all of this in without a problem. I know how much your family means to you and well, you and I both know it's a bit odd for a stallion to be going about as a mare but honestly he's one of the best models I've ever had!"

Applejack raised her eyebrows a little and leaned forward on the footstool she was sitting on. "A bit odd?" She lowered her voice, eyeing the changing room. "Honestly Rarity I'm a little surprised ya never told me Valen was workin' for you."

Rarity wore a look of utter concern. "Well darling I just assumed you knew! Of course I would have told you if it had ever come up."

Applejack eyed her friend with a jaundiced stare. "Yeah?"

"Of course darling!"

"Honestly Rarity, I'm surprised to find you taking this all so well. I always took ya fer a mare that knew the way o' things..." She sucked in a deep breath and exhaled. "This just ain't well...natural..." She at back and blew a stray strand of golden forelocks out of her eyes. "It's jus' a lot ta take in ya know..." The tough farm mare blinked hard, holding herself together. "I only want what's best fer my family and it jus' seems like Valen would be happier as a mare...even if I don't understand his choice."

"Well Applejack," She sat down next to her friend. "It's honorable of you to want what's going to make Valen the happiest, I'm just not sure forcing him to be a mare all the time is the best course of action..." She smiled at her friend. "Though I'm willing to filly him up all you want me to. He is a fabulous model and more than willing the sport whatever I put him in." She stood up and glanced around the room. "Let's just see how the next couple outfits go, alright?"

"Ok, we'll jus' see how it goes." She nodded resolutely, forcing another smile. The  AJ glanced about as well. "Say, where 'as RD gotten herself too?"

"I was just thinking the same thing darling." She nodded towards the changing rooms. "Maybe she found a nice dress to try on? I did she her looking over a few items."

"Well, I'll jus' go see if'n she's in there!"

Applejack trotted back to the changing rooms, smiling to Valen on the way by. "Looks good Valen, I'll be out in jus' a minute."

"Rainbow? You in here?"

Rainbow's stomach dropped. She was completely dressed up as a stallion at this point. Her heart was still racing and she felt tingly all over. in fact she had never felt so good!

"Oh...uhhhh...just a sec AJ!"

"What you got on sugar cube?" She pressed on the door to the room Rainbow was in.

Rainbow reached for the door, she hadn't totally latched it, thinking she would be the only one in the changing area for a few minutes.

"Rarity said you might have found a nice dress to...woops!" AJ felt her cheeks go red. She had pushed the door open on Rainbow and she was...dressed as a stallion!

"Oh my gosh! AJ! Shoot, I didn't want you to see me in this!" Rainbow pushed the door shut in AJ's face. "I mean...I wasn't ready to show you..." She knew what she wanted. "I mean, you just startled me I guess..." She listened. "AJ?"

Applejack couldn't speak for a moment. What the hay was going on around here? First Valen, now Rainbow? Was she joking? Making fun of Valen. "RD, are you makin' fun o' my kin? 'Cause if that's the case..."

Rainbow sighed. "No, I'm not making fun of anypony. I actually...kinda really like how this looks. I've actually...kinda always wanted to dress like this."

"Oh yeah?"

"I-if I show you again...can you tell me what you think?"

"Come on out and let me see ya sugar cube." It was a learning curve kind of day for Applejack.

"Oh darlings? Are you coming out here? We've got another fashion to show case!"

"Yup, be right there!" AJ spoke quickly. "I already saw ya an' ya look great Rainbow. Why don't ya come on out here and show off yer new look?"

Rainbow's heart started to race again. "Uh, sure!" What could it hurt, it was only her friends out there!

As AJ made her way back to her seat she nodded to Rarity. "Turns out we've got two models today."

Rainbow sucked in a breath and stepped out of the changing area. She started to walk down the aisle, following behind Valen. There was no way she could match his expertise in this area, but maybe she could find her own way of doing this!

"Lookin' good Valen!" She strutted up next to the stallion in mare's clothes, flourishing her own clothing for him to see. A complete tux, top hat and all. Rainbow certainly looked handsome!

• 2 weeks later...

Valen knew better than to get a big head as Rarity complimented him. He knew the real game with Applejack and why he was here, but that didn't mean he couldn't help but feel some pride as the compliments flowed like a mighty, mighty river. He as absolutely ravishing, thank you. He was about to mention that it was her designs that were allowing him to shine, but she cut him off at the pass. He wasn't going to argue the point any further, and that allows him to feel more than a little glowing. As he got into the second outfit, he allows his mind to wonder over the possibilities. 

He knew he was good and that this was his career at the moment, but he had never really considered the future. Could he do this as an adult? Hmm. Well there was always a need for models, and assuming everything went well, what could stop him? Besides the...you know, obvious problems. But he had found ways around them so far for the most part, hadn't he? He'd just get better with time. As he adjusted a bit of the stockings and his shoes to more properly fit the stylings of a businessmare, his mind conjured up questions and answers to distract himself from the real questions and answers Applejack and company were seeking. It didn't help that Applejack's compliment came just as he was putting the finishing touches on- why did a businessmare outfit feel more sensationalized than the Gala dress?

Anyway, without any further ado, he stepped out into the small runway and did his show, his heels clicking and clacking in the practiced demeanor of a businessmare. In this outfit the important element was looking stern, back straight, head high, allowing the flank to be emphasized thanks to the heels without looking like you were trying to shove it. As he did his turns- more conservative and strict because of the pencil skirt and overall design- he became aware of commotion in the back. He tried to block it out. Yes, only Rarity was here at the moment but he looked at her as a friend, but also as an employer. An audition for future work, always important.

And then he was joined by...Rainbow Dash in stallionware? He of all ponies wasn't going to judge. And hopefully she would stop skulking about and acting odd. And maybe she would be a voice of reason once she was calmed down. "You need better flank support for that but you look good otherwise," he offered his semi-professional opinion, continuing his moves.

dashiebanner_zps8kipjuya.jpgaj%20banner%20copy_zps0fwuymoh.jpgrarity_banner_by_zacatron94-d6mc6qs.png

Applejack watched what was happening on the runway with her heart torn. What in Equestria was happening here? First she had been set on convincing Valen to just go with it and live as a filly all the time...then she had somehow convinced her best friend it was a-ok to dress up like a stallion? Not really what she had been planning. Usually she was just so good at keeping things in order! Now there were two ponies strutting around in clothes that didn't fit with their genders. She sighed... maybe her a idea of what was "natural" just needed to be changed?

"Hey Rarity? Come here a minute would ya?"

Rarity had been fully engrossed on what was happening on stage. Of course Valen was pulling off the buisnessmare look without a hitch...and then there was Rainbow Dash! What was going on here? She hadn't known Rainbow was into wearing stallions clothes. Although it was obvious that is wasn't a model...Rarity just couldn't take her eyes off the mare. Her heart sped up just a touch as Rainbow turned and swished her many colored tail. She looked so silly, but so completely adorable. The fashionista had to keep herself from rushing up on stage and booping the cyan pesasus right on her nose!

"Oh! Oh...yes Applejack?" AJ's summoning broke her out of her daydream with a start. "How can I help you dear?"

"So, the reason I brought Valen her was to help convince him that he should just live as a filly all the time. I mean that's obviously what makes him the happiest. Why don't he just stick to it?"

Rarity took a breath and sat down next to her friend again. "Darling, I'm not sure he does want to be a filly all the time. He just really loves modeling..."

"Then why wouldn't he just want to feel this good about himself all the time? Can you do me a favor?"

"Of course love."

"Can you ask Valen to go out on the town with you some night soon? Dressed as a filly. If he enjoys that then he'd probably want to stay a filly."

"I'm not sure that would do it Applejack, but I'm always willing to have a night on the town with my friends. You would be coming too of course!"

AJ sighed. "Oh alright... I guess I can stay out late for one night. For Valen a'course."

"We'll invite him after we see his final outfit."

Rarity turned back to the runway. "Fabulous as always darling!" She winked at Rainbow. "And you too Rainbow Dash!"

"Let's see the next one Valen!" Applejack continued to applaud Valen's looks.

It was obvious to Rainbow that this wasn't her element. She wasn't a model but it felt really good to wear stallion clothes. She wished she could do this more often!

"Support in the flank huh?" She smiled slyly at Valen as they made their way back to the dressing room. "I'll have to work on that!"

Valen4_zpsbyi1leyp.jpg

The compliments from the two hit him oddly, if only because Applejack seemed rather into this whole deal. He wouldn't have thought her compliments would have come this sincerely. If they weren't flattering, he'd be worried. Or should he be worried that they were? If she was happy was that bad? It was hard to tell. At least Rainbow Dash seemed well. She took the flank concern well, which was a good sign for any prospective model. "Yes. You don't want it to ride high like a tank- your flank is very muscular and strong, which makes sense since you are an athlete and all," he offered as advice as he worked his way to the back, which Rainbow would be welcome to come along with if she wanted. If she was to be a model better that they get dressed together.

The final piece was decidedly more appealing to young mares and not much of a professional crowd pleaser, though Valen thought that was part of it's chic charm. It was a dress meant for a night out on the town- very swanky, and it was a tight fit. He wasn't sure this was quite what a filly model should be wearing- seemed something more fitting for a full-blown mare- but that was the rib of being a model. It was sparkling black and had blue flames licking up the sides, and a boa of matching color and taste. He looked swanky and ready for a high society party as equally as he was ready to go to a local salt bar with a friend. The beautiful thing about Rarity's designs were how incredibly versatile they could be.

He trotted over to the mirror- and it was the first time he took an honest to Celestia good look at himself during the whole process. Probably because while the Gala dress was for a notable occasion common to the industry, this simply wasn't. It was something made for a mare out for a night on the town. This was something almost any mare could wear, something that while it fit the theme of the show, was not something constrained to models or indicative of a culture amongst high society or business. It was tight. Indeed, he felt like it might be a little hard to get out of, but that didn't mean it felt bad per se. No, it felt like it as made for him, and the tightness a factor inherent in showing off the form of the pony. Of showing off him- and it felt right. He looked right. 

For the first time that night, he had doubts about himself, some of the same he had wrestled with many ages ago when he had started up as a model. It wasn't the clothes that made the filly but it was the feeling that they could engender and the comfort they could create that bore deep through any defenses. It was like watching tumblers of a lock finally get hit and a door unlock, but not for the first time or last time. But how easy would it be to push? He'd asked himself before, but the answer was always easy enough for him to get into trouble, and not worth it in the accounting of it. He knew who he was- and that was a pony who was comfortable being comfortable. For all of his introspection, wanting to be a filly and comfortable being one were very different things- he could be comfortable unclothed as Valen as easily as he could clothed as a filly, after all.

So what was the answer? The whole day was happening because Applejack was wanting to press the issue on who he was. She had brought him here, he had gathered, as a form of aversion therapy, but that was silly. Or was it? Rarity responded the way Valen thought she might, but Rainbow Dash was having her own problems. Together it could create a small web of confusion that threatened to overstimulate the mind. How far was Applejack willing to go? And more importantly, how far would she push it until Valen said he was uncomfortable- and would he ever be uncomfortable? It was only a matter of time before they went far enough to cement the idea in Applejack and Rarity's mind. And when that happened- what would they do, and would Valen even fight it? "How do I look, Rainbow?" he asked absent-mindedly as he looked at himself.

It wasn't a matter of needing or wanting to be a filly, he thought to himself. It was the idea of being absolutely fine with that outcome that was percolating in his mind, and he wasn't sure what to make of it. With a shake of the head and a sigh, he finished his makeup for the final outfit, stretched, and went back out there. This time it was easy to move easy because the fabric, though tight, was form fitting, making it almost feel like he wore nothing. "Ready for a night on the town!" He said, unaware of what they had said whole he was away.

If Valen Orange thought that he was having an awkward day now, then one waited with baited breath to see what he would call what the day would become.  For just coming up the road towards the boutique, hoofsteps muffled by the voices inside, was a pony whose situation made Valen's look positively tame.  Their clothes were not designed to show off, but very much to conceal; the figure wore a loose brown cloak that gave little hint to its wearer, save for the white hooves seen poking out the bottom, and the stray strand of golden mane escaping from the hood...

Of course, actually walking through Ponyville in broad daylight wearing such a thing meant that pretty much everypony noticed them, and started whispering rumors of who it could be, and the no-doubt nefarious purposes for wearing such a disguise.  And just what was it doing visiting Miss Rarity?  Perhaps getting a replacement for that most unfashionable garment?

That was not too far from the truth, as matters would soon prove.  The little bell over the door rang to signal the arrival of a customer... and a pony that a certain mare had not expected to see again, especially not under such circumstances.

dashiebanner_zps8kipjuya.jpgaj%20banner%20copy_zps0fwuymoh.jpgrarity_banner_by_zacatron94-d6mc6qs.png

Rainbow nodded as Valen explained to her the finer points of modeling the outfit she had chosen. She tried to loosen her position just a bit, allowing for her flanks to move with more ease.

"Wow, there's a lot to this stuff huh?" She concentrated and took a few steps. "Guess I'm just gonna have to keep practicing," She smiled and trotted back into her changing room.

When Valen asked about his looks in the last outfit Rainbow's jaw dropped. "Ummmmm...you look...positively stunning darling!" he mimicked Rarity perfectly on the last part and then smiled again. "Thanks for the pointers. I'll have to ask you for more details later. Give em' a good show!"

Rainbow trotted back out towards AJ. She had changed out of the clothes though she hoped she could wear something like that again soon!

"Hey Applejack." She wasn't sure how her friend would respond.

"Hey there Rainbow! Ya looked like a million bits up there!" AJ had pretty much resigned herself to the fact that today was just plum full of stuff she didn't quite understand. The best tact was just to sit back and support her friends at this point. "Ya really did look...handsome," She winked at Rainbow before focusing her attentions back to the small runway.

"Aw, thanks AJ. That means a lot to me." Dash felt her cheeks flush a bit when AJ called her handsome. I felt great, especially coming from the farmfilly she would always have a thing for.

"Ya know, we're gonna take Valen out on the town tonight," AJ spoke while keeping her eyes on the runway. "It's fine an' dandy if'n ya want ta wear that sort'a get up tonight sugar cube,"

"Oh! Ya...sounds great!" She tried to sound confident but her cheeks just flushed further at the thought.

When Valen took the runway, AJ's eyes went wide. Was that really her cousin? He looked so much like a filly she couldn't quite be sure what she was seeing.

Rarity clapped her hooves together in obvious approval. "Smashing! We'll just have to have you in this at the next Manehatten show!"

"Ready for a night on the town!"

"I certainly hope so," Rarity commented quietly.

Then a customer entered the boutique. Rarity could have sworn she had latched the door but apparently not. "Oh my goodness, so sorry to have kept...you...waiting?" What exactly was she looking at? She couldn't tell who was under the cloak. "How can I uhhhh, help you dear?"

Once Valen had finished his walk, AJ motioned him over. "Guess what sugar cube!"  She tried to keep things light. "Rarity and I think it would be jus' the thing ta ;ave ya wear this out on the town tonight! We're makin' a trip ta Canterlot for the whole evenin'!"

Valen4_zpsbyi1leyp.jpg

Valen allowed himself a few moments of levity out there on the runway as everything started to swirl around him. He could help Rainbow Dash with some of the stone cold basics of the craft but there was a limit. Not only was Valen no expert in stallionware, but the market was certainly more niche. For every designer who put out good stallionware there were ten who put of mares clothing, and sales backed that up. Then again Valen wasn't sure what Rainbow's deal was. Was she trying to make him more comfortable by being a model? Was she having her own issues? Was she mocking him? He didn't know. Didn't seem like the last one though, so the other questions were moot. "I'll always be available to help, Dash," he responded normally before putting on his accent, "thank you much for ze compliments, beau garçon," he said, hopefully Rainbow would like that. It would provide insight either way.

Rarity liked it, but of course she would. This dress was a beautiful design as usual and he was her custom model, more or less. She was bound to be one of Equestria's most historically famous fashion designers, which would only add to her fame over time what with her being a hero and all. Dresses like this weren't going t go down in history as historically vital fashion statements emboldening industries and showcasing a once in a generation eye for style, but it would catch the eye of anypony who loved themselves a fine dress for an evening. That is what made such shows fun- a mix of knockouts meant for high society but many pieces that fetched the attentions of ponies in the immediacy. Great things. "Oh, I could see it now," he said, saying the following words with emphasis as his hooves pointed word by word, "Fire and Ice by Rarity," he smiled, "certainly has a ring to it."

Speaking of a ring, there was a certain aura about the new pony that entered that struck Valen as oddly familiar the closer the figure approached. Rarity went to work with this new customer and Valen thought that something felt...friendly and well known. He quickly ran down the ponies he knew, but for the most part he was worried that it was a stranger being misidentified, who would in turn misidentify him. Luckily he was more comfortable this way on the stage than up close and personal as it gave him a degree of characterization that could separate him from the truth, as bare and naked as it could be at times. And it was with this tact that he...remained quiet. So much was going on that he didn't want to weave in and out of the social morass by playing Gilded Lilly or being Valen, he simply bowed on stage- respectful and smiling, without any sign that he was trying to parse if he knew the pony under the hood.

And it was then that Applejack dropped the friendly, aw-shucks hammer of wrath down upon his little head. Wait, had they misinterpreted his meaning? He had said he was ready for a night on the town as a reference to the dress, not to his personal desires. He got flustered and went to speak- but the stranger. Oh Celestia- okay, go with the accent. "Hahaha, oh dear, I cannot, non. I have so much...excellent travail agricole, to do," he laughed and flipped her mane. Okay, she needed to get out of here now. "Now if you'll excuse me, I've had great fun with all, but must be sleeping beauty haha," he said- but it was the middle of the day. Well, morning, really.

"Oh, that's quite alright."  A feminine voice, ringing like a golden chime from beneath the hood, reassured Rarity.  "I didn't want to interrupt your discussion with your... models."  In the slight pause, the hood-shrouded face turned to face Valen briefly, which pony might have begun to recognize the voice...

In any case, the mare didn't keep her audience in suspense for long.  With a sweeping motion of golden magic, the brown cloak was whisked off, to reveal an absolute bombshell of a mare.  Her long, golden mane flowed like a babbling brook over her shoulders, framing a pure white face with eyes the color of clear, shallow seas.  The rest of her was no less impressive, her alabaster coat covering a figure with perfectly-proportioned curves from withers to flanks, upon which a very familiar compass-rose cutie mark was embolazened.

"Miss Rarity... I find myself in sudden need for gala-appropriate dresses.  I hope this is not too short a notice?"  The customer seemed slightly hesitant in speaking with Rarity, as if she were afraid that one wrong word might trigger an outburst of some kind.  Almost as if she had a prior history with the fashionista, though she wasn't likely to pick up on it at first.  At least one pony here, however, would know exactly who she was, and just why she had no gala-appropriate dresses...

• 2 weeks later...

Dash brightened at Valen's response. Was it possible that he understood her a little bit? She didn't even understand herself right now. He feelings and desires were so mixed up! The one thing she knew for sure was that it felt so good to strut her stuff as a stallion. She hoped she'd get another chance soon!

"That was way too much fun..." Rainbow breathed the words to herself in the dressing room. She neatly folded the items she had been wearing. After a moment of thought she placed all the items into a bag. She would pay Rarity for the items later. She just felt like these needed to be hers.

Once she had her new outfit stored away she trotted back out into the store. Her eyes went right away to the new pony. She was stunning!

"Oh my!" Rarity took a step back as the mare revealed herself. Rarely could one find a mare of such beauty! Rarity found herself at a loss for words for a moment. However, she quickly regained composure. If there was one thing she was versed in it was working with lovely ponies.

"Why of course I can help you darling! Just which sort of look are you going for?" Without waiting for an answer the fashionista began to make a rack up of dresses that might suit the guest. "Perhaps something flowing and demure? Or we could go for something a little more...edgy!" Soon the rack was full and she presented it to her guest.

"I've gotten a few things assembled for you if you would like to try them on..." She stopped and blinked. "There's something quite familiar about you...have we met before?"

Applejack trotted over to Dash as the pegasus emerged from the dressing room. "Glad tah see ya found somethin’ you feel comfortable in sugarcube! I jus' let Valen know we're all goin' intah town tanight! Ya both kin wear yer new duds!"

Valen4_zpsbyi1leyp.jpg

That couldn't have gone better. Honestly, he had expected Applejack or Rarity to try and stop him from his plan, but Rarity was distracted- and so was Applejack, with Rainbow. This had allowed Valen to get back into the dressing room, where he started to try and get out of the outfit. After this he would go home, take a bath, and hope that the whole thing would just blow over. It wouldn't be the first day that things went somewhat wrong and it wouldn't be the last, but it might be the one day he needed to end before it went any further. Any deeper thoughts he had earlier were swept aside in relief as he made his way to the back.

It had been an unusual day, but luckily it seemed the worst was over! Applejack was now focused on Rainbow Dash and whatever she was going through. Crossdressing for a mare was somewhat less common if only because Equestria was such a feminine society, but nothing too unusual. If it went deeper than that? Well, less shocking things could happen. She wouldn't be the first nor last mare to have a crisis of identity, but it was nice that she had good friends around her who respected her enough to help. The new mare, however, was still a worry in the back of his mind. Who was she? What did he know her from? He had missed the big reveal by a mere moment, which would have solved that issue and started him out of the boutique in a flash. That would be one too many coincidences in a row. Though he could recognize the voice- which made him all the more worried. They didn't know about his several months as Valencia just yet and if there was one detail that could put this over the top, it would be that. Hopefully the Princess hadn't noticed him.

Back to the now, though. He was having a lot of trouble getting out of this dress. By design it was form fitting and tight, which made the curves all the more showy. Like many such dresses, you were expected to get help from the back to get out of it. Nights out on the town were't generally solo adventures. But trying to do it alone and without a horn, his efforts proved fruitless. It was on until he got help getting it off...whether that was now, in a few hours, or a week, depending on the kindness of others!

"There's something quite familiar about you...have we met before?"

At that question, the mysterious mare suddenly froze, her expression resembling that of a deer facing an oncoming train.  She was only now just beginning to realize the situation she had so blithely trotted into...

For, you see, they had met before.  Under circumstances most inauspicious, in fact.  This mare in reality was Princess Bluebelle, formerly Prince Blueblood, whom Rarity had met at her first Grand Galloping Gala... and whose juvenile fairy-tale daydreams the Prince had taken an equally juvenile delight in shattering.  The deliberate ruining of much longed-for evening is not a crime that a lady forgives easily!

And now, here they were again.  Only, this time the fashionista had two of her friends with her.  Not only that, but said friends were the most athletic, and most inclined to buck her into next week upon learning her true identity.  About the only comfort she could take out of this situation was the presence of a third party, which might serve some moderating effect...

She realized they all were staring at her.  Quite right, of course, she was a mare whom nobody could be blamed for staring at, but it would be rude to hold up the proceedings any further.  She cleared her throat, then sighed.  "...Yes.  We have met before, lady Rarity, though I have changed much since your first Gala."  Understatement of the century, right there.

"...Yes.  We have met before, lady Rarity, though I have changed much since your first Gala."

Rarity shook her head slightly and did a double take. It took the fair maid a moment to connect what the other mare had said. The...first...gala...? Wait a moment!

"Oh great Celestia!" The outburst left her muzzle before Rarity could stop it. She was usually quite reserved when she meant to be but this was too much! Could this be...

"P-prince Blueblood?" She cleared her throat. Best to try to be professional. Seeing him...or rather her, brought up so many mixed feelings. He had been more than a jerk to her in the part. A regular stubborn mule and exactly the opposite of what she thought he should be. And now it seemed he was exactly the opposite gender too? Well, might as well be civil. It was the ladylike thing to do.

"Yes, yes you are right...we have...ahem...met." She managed a short forced smile before turning to what she was comfortable with. "Now, you say you'd like something nice for the gala? I certainly can help you with that miss...Blueblood?"

There were so many questions dancing through Rarity's head. But for now, she would stick to business.

----

Dash reacted to AJ's statement with a flush of excitement. "Oh my gosh!" Her stomach dropped at the thought of wearing stallion clothes out on the town. Well, as long as Valen would be doing the same it shouldn't be too difficult. "Ok, cool! As long as Valen will be dressing in his finest too."

"Speakin' a' Valen, where has he gotten tah?" AJ glanced about. "Hope he isn't thinkin' a' leavin' now that the show's over. He's got to pick out what he's gonna wear tahnight!" She smiled at Rainbow. "'Scuse me fer a second sugarcube."

The farm pony trotted to the dressing room, hoping to note to Valen that he should keep something aside for going out. "Valen? Ya in there darlin'?"

Valen4_zpsbyi1leyp.jpg

Valen still struggled with his dress, even if it was a pointless effort and he knew it. By no admission of his own and by no reality under the stars would he want to break it, but he very much wanted out of the dress. Too bad- it was sublime in every way. It felt exquisite like all of her work and was guaranteed to be a hit, but for his life it was bad news. That dress wasn't a dress, it wasn't some fabric laying in correct patterns. It was a symbol of what Applejack thought of him and he wasn't willing to allow his chance at escape go. Under different conditions and a friendly atmosphere, and with good cause, maybe he'd entertain her ideas but this was too much too soon too fast and he didn't like it!

But as fate would have it, his escape wouldn't be easy. He heard Applejack come in and could only think that more and more he was coming to understand her. She was stubborn, yes, but this was more. She was determined to help him. Determined to see him through to his own happiness. All of these traits were wonderful and pleasant in so many ways, but she was operating based off of poor information. Or a poor belief. And maybe that plague of poor awareness was causing her to overreact in ways she thought best, but were honestly much worse for him than her simply shrugging and moving on. It was true that in life sometimes the best move was to simply accept and go about your day. Not everything required action.

But today was a learning experience for everypony, and Applejack was having to process loads of new information and having to reconfigure. He'd go easy on her. And Rainbow- Rainbow was dealing with her own overload of information and a puzzling internal development that Valen could only guess lamely. Rarity exclaimed- she was discovering what was happening with Blueblood, it seemed. This was a journey of self-discovery and expanded awareness and Valen was all too happy to try and get out of it all without having to go another hoof. "Oh, I'm here Applejack. Could you do me a favor and get that zipper for me? I want to get this off, get undressed, and go home. I have a great deal of...homework, yes, that, to do!" He said, not convincing himself that he had anything better to do.

O...kay.... Rarity seemed to be taking the revelation about her identity well.  At least nopony was throwing around any baked goods, which was a plus compared to their last meeting.  The fashionista was being civil, which the other mare felt able to reciprocate.  "I think, under the present circumstances, Princess Bluebelle would be a more fitting name, wouldn't you agree?"  It was telling, that even as nervous as Bluebelle felt, she was still able to smile with unwavering charm.

"I don't know if I ought to go into the circumstances behind this change; it is something of a long story."  The Princess wasted no time in addressing the elephant in the room, hoping to get the whole issue out of the way.  "It was an unforeseen magical accident with rather long-term ramifications.  Suffice it to say, I no longer have any pieces of formal wear that fit."  She smiled, but there was an awkward pause in the conversation.  Certain studies (which could no doubt be properly cited by Princess Twilight) revealed that conversational silences that lasted more than four seconds would prompt speech, for no other purpose than to fill the void.  It only took three for Bluebelle to crack.

"And I am sorry.  I had my reasons... but no real excuses, for my behavior.  But as you've demonstrated a complete indifference to my opinions of myself, I shan't bore you with them, any more than my recent musings on gender identity.  I suppose you wouldn't think either of them relevant-"

The commotion in the back of the shop was becoming too conspicuous to ignore.  "If you don't mind me asking... what is going back there?"

• 1 month later...

Applejack made her way towards Valen's dressing room door.

"Sure Hi'll help ya cousin," She put her hoof down softly in front of her. She was going to see this through. "But ya better pick one o' these nice outfits o' Rarity's out. We're all goin' out on the town tahnight!"

She pushed open the door and smiled. "Yup! All of us! Rarity, Dash, me , an' you!" She glanced over her shoulder. "Oh and maybe Bluebelle over there might like tah come too!"

The farm mare reached over to help with the zipper. "It's important sugarcube, so Hi hope your plans at home kin wait a bit," She began to work on the zoipper, wondering how he would respond to her firm directions.

----

Rarity cleared her throat politely as she tried to think of how to respond. The Prince's behavior during that gala had been rude to the highest degree, but it was along time ago now and she was a lady of class! There was no need to add insult in... injury was it?

"It's quite alright dear, we uh... all make mistakes from time to time," She had more to say. There was more emotion welling up but she would quell it. This was her professional setting and it just would not to act any less than professional. "Now, about that formal wear... I'm sure we have just what you need!"

She quickly selected a few items to try on. "Oh, just one of my models changing out of their attire. Shouldn't be much trouble dear. Just go ahead back and try these on!" She forced a smile onto her lovely muzzle.

Valen4_zpsbyi1leyp.jpg

This was an unexpected but pleasant development. If Valen was being perfectly honest he wasn't expecting her to do it.He was fully expecting her to tell him he needed to wear this as she had said earlier, or realize he was trying to worm his way out of the whole deal and just go home and forget this ever happened. Instead she helped unzip him, which only made his escape route all the clearer. If she really was going to make this easy for him then he wasn't going to make it hard for himself. An easy victory was a victory no matter how it was achieved. 

But maybe not so much. Despite doing this, Applejack very much was telling him that he had to go out. In a form like this. Which he really didn't want to do, specially with Rarity AND Blubelle with him. That was far too much feminine judgement for his tastes and a further entrapment in lace he could do without. But really, Applejack had just allowed him to walk. Sure she was telling him he had to, but what could she do- force him back in that outfit and break off the zipper? As if! Rarity would be furious! (Probably) ((Hopefully)) Though the presence of Bluebelle made things more awkward. Not only had she seen Valen go en femme for months straight, but she was a Princess whose orders he couldn't refuse.

Stil, that seemed such a long way off thanks to the curtain and Valen getting out of the outfit!
"I will not be attending this trip to Canterlot with you and your friends, Applejack. As I have made clear, I do not want this!" He sighed, "I appreciate your concern, Applejack, and your desire to do well by me. However, you are mistaken and have been from the start. As such- I wish you and yours a most wonderful time in Canterlot, but I am going back to Sweet Apple Acres, drawing a bath, and relaxing," he said with a nervous laugh, walking past her towards the back door with every intention of leaving.

This seemed to be going.... alright?  Bluebelle could tell that Rarity was forcing professionalism, but the Princess was willing to accept that and not push it.  She definitely didn't want to spend the next five minutes getting turned into the fashionista's next pincushion or something.  So, she smiled as the dresses were hoofed over, said, "Oh, thank you."  And started off towards the changing rooms... where she met Valen coming out.

"Ah, fancy meeting you here!"  She paused, stopping just between the young colt and the door.  "Have you been getting formal wear for yourself?  I may need your assistance in helping with the Gala set-up; there's one or two last-minute things that always come up you know."  She giggled, perking up her ears as Applejack addressed her.

"Oh!  Well, I would love to go, if you're willing to have me."   Bluebelle was indeed rather surprised at Applejack's openness, especially considering that she, among Rarity's friends, was the one Blueblood had insulted most directly.  But what could he have done?  He genuinely couldn't stand fritters... or most fried foods in general.

As Valen made his way towards the door Rarity spotted him. She trotted over, standing objectively between the colt and the exit. She took on a casual approach to the matter, knowing that forcing somepony was not the best way to get lasting results.

"Ah! There you are darling! You looked absolutely stunning in the outfits...as you always do!" She smiled that winning smile of hers as a few articles of clothing levitated through the air towards them. "Now, if you would be so kind as to try just one more teensy bit of apparel on for me?" It was a nice set of evening wear complete with a stunning dress, throw, and shoes that wrapped up the wearer's legs with elegant flair.

Another set of clothing came near. "Oh, and if you would be a dear and hoof these over to Applejack? I hear we are going out for a lovely evening and miss AJ will have to shed that farmpony look for a few hours."

Perhaps the thought of forcing AJ to wear fancy things would be enough to lure Valen into what fun this evening could be?

Rainbow trotted up to Valen, a few clothes of her own thrown over her back. "Oh, and uh Valen...would you mind telling me how I look in these once I get them on?"

Applejack stood in the dressing room, hoping Rarity would be able to head the target off at the door. She was thinking Valen might respond in such a manner but even she wasn't going to go as far as to forcibly make Valen come along. There had to be a better way...

She nodded to Bluebelle and gave a slight smile. "Yes we'd love to have yer company tahnight Bluebelle!" She figured that the stallion turned mare had enough to deal with so the incidents of the past were as of yet not on the forefront of her mind.

Rarity had many qualities about her that were simply sublime, from her fashion sense to her intelligence to her eye for the divine. But she also had a way with sweet words that made the heart sing. It made it very hard to ever approach the prospect of saying no to her, even in the best of circumstances. And look at what she had given him- another fine ensemble no doubt, one that would fit right, feel right, and make him regret he ever contemplated saying no. Sigh. Of course it would, because it was Rarity. Maybe the night wouldn't be so bad. Look pretty, entertain a bit, enjoy the fine things and allow Applejack to fall back down her worry hole a few dozen hooves lengths. If it all worked well, he could stop having secrets from at least some ponies.

At least he could rope Applejack into being forced against her will to do something today. Of course it was too easy. There was never a play that ended with him getting out of this, was there? At least it could be worse. With Rainbow providing her own interesting distraction and the general attitude being oddly passive about everything the night was likely to pass without any real incident. At least he had some company he could fall back on! “I suppose I can do that, Miss Rarity. It will only be a few minutes. I'll make sure both of them are ready to go,” he said before turning to Bluebelle. “So nice to see you Princess! How comes the estate? Did you ever get that one coconut bleach stain out of the marble? A nasty bit of business, that,” he offered with pleasant memories of his experience as the Princess' maid.

After he had caught up with the Princess, he made his way back- hoofing over an outfit to Applejack in the process. “Rarity says you MUST wear these out tonight. No ifs, ands, or buts,” he said decisively, letting her know that if he was to endure a night not of his choosing, so would she. Or at least, endure it in a manner she didn't want. Onto Rainbow: “Of course I will! You do the same for me too, alright?” He responded, hopefully setting her a little bit at ease as he got changed into what Rarity had given him.

There some subtext in the air.  Blueblood had always been good at sensing general social tone, though individual ponies could still sometimes prove inscrutable to him.   Swapping genders had changed none of that. This evening out... it wasn't just a friendly occasion.  There was some agenda being pushed by somepony here, though what it was still eluded the newly-made princess.  She could sense that Valen was reluctant, but Applejack was pushing it.  Pushing it to the point where she was willing to spend an evening with her social opposite, even!

"Well... in that case, Miss Applejack, I shall definitely accompany you!"  *If only for sheer curiosity's sake.*  She thought silently, as she favored the earth pony mare with a charming smile.  "I hope you don't think me presumptuous in my familiarity with your name; we haven't exactly been formally introduced."  That was actually pretty inane, considering that Applejack's opinion of formality was officially on the record as indifferent at best, but the words were less important that the tone, which was mean to sweeten and soothe.  Bluebelle was by no means confident that this newfound harmony was destined to endure, so she was still going to take every precaution for social smoothness.

Valen, fortunately, required no such eggshell-stepping.  "Everything's running smoothly, though many on the staff want you to know that they miss you.  You seem to have hit it off with quite a few of them!  And, well, what's left of the stain can be passed off as part of the pattern.  It wouldn't be the first, I'm given to understand."  Ever since Valencia had been brought onboard as a maid, the staff on the whole seemed more willing to talk openly with those 'above stairs.'  Or maybe that had started with Secretary Psmith?  Either way, the whole estate seemed... closer, somehow.  Perhaps Valen, as an Orange and an Apple relative, had brought an atmosphere of family with him.

The day had worn on while they had been at Rarity's place. The sun had long since passed its zenith and was rapidly sinking lower. Soon Princess Luna would be at work, raising the moon into its rightful place during the hours of darkness. The group had spend so much time with their interactions that hardly any of them has noticed the passing of time.

"That's great sugarcube! We're happy tah have ya along! An' no worries about the name. Yer welcome tah call me jus' plain ol' Applejack, no need fer the miss. So I should be callin' you...?" She waited to see what name the Prince would like to be called. 

Applejack found herself feeling slightly frazzled but relieved as Valen returned to the dressing room with a new outfit in his hooves. She would have bet all her bits that Rarity could work her magic on Valen and it seemed she had! There was more than one way to coerce a reluctant pony. AJ wished only the best for her cousin and this night was going to push him towards the best. Well, it would if she had anything to say about it!

Then the clothes were tossed to her. The farmpony's first reaction was to shy away. It came natural to her to stay away from this sort of get up. But then again... That Rarity was one smart fashionista. Having AJ dress in a way that was unlike her normal wear would help Valen see she was willing to try new things. That might help him to step into the evening with a bit more gusto. Normally she would have put up a fuss. She would have protested til the cows came home! She would have worn the froofy outfit with the utmost of indignation! But she wouldn't do it! Oh no she wouldn't! She would such it up and do what she had to for her family. She was an Apple, she had responsibilities!

"Oh ahhh right! You got it sugarcube. Glad tah see Rarity had uhhhh something picked out fer me lickety split! I'll go put these... uhhh purty... things on." She forced a smile and turned back into her dressing room.

Rainbow's stomach rumbled as she pulled her slacks into place. It felt good to be getting dressed up this way. It felt really good! The mare felt more confident each time she slipped into stallion's wear. It just fit with her! The way she could move, the way they made her look. It wasn't long before she was ready. She stepped out of the dressing room.

"Hey, um, Valen? When you have a chance could you...?"

"Oh! Sorry sugarcube!" AJ had stepped out of her room and swung the door towards Rainbow. It didn't hit her but it came close. The orange mare stopped in her tracks as she glanced at Rainbow. She looked darn good in her new get up! "Those suit ya Rainbow," She could feel herself blush a little but it was mostly because of what she was wearing. AJ didn't feel at all as confident in a dress.

"No problem AJ! Thanks, you look good too!" Rainbow commented trying to keep things light. Seeing AJ dressed up like she was...well, she looked so good!

"Darlings! You look wonderful!" Rarity stepped onto the scene. "Though we must do something with your manes!" She glanced around. "Valen, are you changed? What do you think we should do with the manes on these two?"

Valen4_zpsbyi1leyp.jpg

Applejack went along with the whole plan rather easily which wasn't a super shock all things considered. She was more focused on Valen and even Rainbow than herself, and in the end, if it meant the rest of the night went comfortably. She could suffer through some fancy clothes. After all, it wasn't like they burned her pelt or had mind control powers. She had worn fancy before and would wear fancy again for the times when it was needed and it looked like today was one of those days when it was needed. Between what Valen was doing and Dash was doing, as well as the former Prince turned Princess, it seemed like a small thing to go ahead and allow herself to be a bit on the fancy side today. "You'll look beautiful as always, Applejack," Valen offered up as a compliment, "and only half as put-off as I am. Many bright sides," he added with a bit of a chuckle as he went to the next item on the list.

Rainbow Dash wore the suit well. She was broad shouldered and with a muscular flank, so dresses always looked a little untowards on her. Suits like this hid the curves better which allowed her musculature to form up without having to look obscene. You could design dresses to do the same thing- and Rarity had- but they could never quite replicate what a properly made and fashioned stallion suit could. Rainbow likewise made hers work very well. No doubt for causes unknown she was having some sort of issue with her identity- and Valen knew what that could feel like better than most. He wasn't going to go further than that, just as he wasn't going to deny her request to get some feedback. Once she was out, he responded. "You look fantastic Rainbow. I'd say it could be changed a little around the fetlocks and some other minor points, but you look rather dashing at the moment," Valen said with a laugh at his own joke. See, he had said Rainbow, and then DASHING! Humor, he had it.

There was always the Princess who could steal his attention. He had worked for her long enough to not be star struck or stunned into submission. Instead, his submission and willingness to help was more earnest and born of both a genial servitude as well as honest friendship. Having her here today was all the more delightful, even if it was perhaps the final nail in the coffin of his free will for the time being. Still, she was a sweet sort, and a good beacon for how to handle issues that seemed beyond your direct control. Even if the questions Valen asked himself were internal, their existence was as far out of his control as what happened to Bluebelle was. "I'm glad I made a lasting positive impression! I had a nice summer there. I'm also glad you'll be joining us, though I hope you're aware I won't be the one taking your order," he made a playful gesture, laughing at the thought. Again, his humor was quite nice.

He also had a nice fashion sense, or at least believed he did. Which made Rarity turning to him for advice on what to do with their manes fun. It was more so he could turn the knife so to speak on Applejack and he was well aware of the intention, but that didn't make it any less fun. Or true, for that matter. They would all have to do their manes for the night out and the two sporty mares weren't getting out of that requirement. Valen, now changed, made his way out to Rarity. "How do I look?" he asked before looking at the two. "Hmm...Applejack would look wonderful with a bob, some nice height to it. Regal looking, emphasizing her beautiful mane as well as head and neck. Rainbow would look wonderful with something simple and low-key, probably flat and back, to draw more attention to the face and away from her explosively intriguing mane. Like it?"

Archived