MLP - Halo RP. OCC/Interest Check/Sign-up

Shadowbolt0

1 hour ago, Eventide said:

current squad were killed or scattered. When this happened, rather than retreating, he opted to push on and calmly stage his own skirmishes, until his weapons were dry

Ok so the part I've taken is in the History. You've done your research which is a very good way to win me over, but my issue here is despite his attitude, a Marine simply lacks the training to solo hold and attack a Covy force, even in a Skirmish. To put it into perspective, it would take 'on average' 2 marines with cover and surperiour firepower to kill an Elite, so i'm not too with the idea of a single Marine taking the fight to the covies as his team is dead. Spirit and conviction are good, but long story short, Plasma burns through that in a heartbeat (no-pun intended). So a slight modification here would be preferred. Outside of that, I've got no real issues with the Application. Let me know when this section of History is changed then we can discuss entering Storm into the Rp as the current nature means a tachful entry at best.

Fair enough. I agree that this is overpowered, it was a hasty attempt at adapting character elements and explaining how a marine becomes a spartan. Sarah Palmer performed her own extraordinary stunt to earn her invitation, but then she was an ODST, and had the associated plot armour of a major character.

When I think of Halo, I tend to think of headshot weapons like the battle rifle, and the ease with which they bring down unshielded hostiles even while alone on the canonical Heroic difficulty. However, on closer inspection I realise that it is not just marine in-game AI that is terrible. Spartans are described as having augmented strength, but also augmented reflexes and mentality, and that is what translates into the hyper-lethality of the player in typical Campaign gameplay. In the case of Halo 3: ODST, I would guess that is more loosely explained by superior training. This hopefully would contribute to a better explanation of backstory when I get around to it.

Applogises for the long delay, I've managed to pick up a bug plus uni keeps me on my toes.

Approved on Eventide's character.

Now while i'd love to drop you in now, i'm afraid the current mission (If you're tracking it) is unable to just throw another Spartan in willeh-nilly. So my proposition is that you'll have to wait until the current mission is completed then you'll get added into the story. That work for you?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay guys, trying my best. I wasn't prepared for such a fast pace. All the other RPs I've joined here have a few days of delay at least. I would seriously appreciate if you can bear with me, but no hard feelings if you'd rather leave me behind.

Archived