Copper Ponyville school for colts and fillys (OOC)

flashdash250

Toothie was young. Most young indeed was he. That meant that he wasn't old and boring like the school teachers. Boringness must just be inherent to teachers, Toothie often thought. And that would bring up another idea into his head almost immediately after: are school teachers really paid just to be boring in front of a crowd of dying colts and fillies? 

Toothie spent most of his week in school pondering a world where extreme acts of boring were not glorified with bits. Why couldn't teachers be magicians or something? The entertainment value would shoot sky-high, and none of the class would be forced to learn anything! A flawless system! Though as he was still but a colt, Toothie thought that it might be a rather difficult and grueling task to impose such standards upon the 'snootysnobs' that led the educational system. One might even venture as far to say it was impossible.

However, there was yet a glimmer of hope: it was Monday! Monday might not always be a symbol of mirth and rejuvenation for the commonfolk, in fact they often dubbed it as 'the worst day ever' in their moping groans, but Toothie saw Mondays in a different light. It was a new week; which meant that maybe the board of education had such a good time over the two days of not-dealing-with-children that they could have reformed from their bleak ways! Maybe they felt so great that they would bring cookies for everypony!

With this new concept flooding every corner of Toothie's mind, he trotted blissfully towards the schoolhouse as if his ideals could never be shot down from the pedestal on which he placed them. This inevitably made Toothie feel invincible, and want to shout out his joy to the world in monologue form.

"Today will surely be a day to remember! A day that I can look back on and see how I stood strong and adamant in my optimistic ways-- never to sway, falter or fall! 

This was of course followed by his foot catching on something, causing Toothie to sway in imbalance, falter with distressed hooves, and fall flat on his face. 

Refraining from cursing Murphy's name as he stood back upon his hooves, he swung his head around to see what had caused him to get a mouthful of sedimentary delicacies. The answer was a small little Flash Dash in a state of despair over an reason unbeknownst to Toothie. Though Toothie just assumed that the cause of the weeping came from a lack of faith in Mondays.

"Oi! I'm sorry! I didn't meant to trip over you! Also, why are you in a deep emotional state of bitter, H2O-heavy anguish?" 

This was either an act of sheer bullying, or a game of keep-away gone too far. Though it mattered not, as the real problem was that Toothie was asked for help by a pegasus, whom by observation is likely flightless, to retrieve his belonging from a high place. 

"I can help you with that problem! It is just a mere balancing equation of physics and stupidity to retrieve your lost items." 

And without further word, Toothie set off to the roots of the tree and looked up to pinpoint the location of what was likely the sad colt's belongings. After a moment of examination, Toothie took action: he ran away screaming until not even his voice could be heard.

Toothie would have answered, but he was absent. Though it might be argued that Flash was somewhat absent as well because he was attempting communication with a pony who was not within sight. Not in sight until Toothie's screams slowly came back into hearing range, and then soon his own self became visible. And the he crashed straight into the tree he had just been snooping.

The crazy colored colt fell flat on his back; eyes involuntarily spinning around at their own whim. It was at this time that he let his lips loose to exclaim his pain to those around him:

"Ow."  

Then by the magic of balanced physics and stupidity, Flash Dash's belongings fell out of the tree worth a dull *thud*.

Toothie flopped a half rotation to Flsh's stuff and raised it into the air.

"Got it."  

His voice was somewhat muffled by the grass his face was in.

Now this was a surprise. He knows my name? I didn't realize how well established I have become in this community. Toothie had only been in Ponyville for a week as his parents were in the area for work, and they thought it would be likely easier to bring their young colt to another school for the time instead of having another babysitter demand double their promised wages.

"You're welcome, pega-pony colt~! And please forgive me, I cannot recall your name from my memory... Can you familiarize my brain with your title?" Toothie asked in his typical, bubbly way and peculiar idiolect for a colt.

This guys seems rather nice. And he's offering icecream? I like his train of thought!

"Well then, Dash Flash, it is a humbling pleasure to meet you~! And I would be more than delighted to take you up on that offer!"  Toothie grinned widely. "But until then, there's school to worry about--"  

Toothie's vocal charm was cut short by the bell atop the school singing its dings and dongs of beckoning. The time for class had begun.

Alarmed, the minty pone shouted with unnecessary urgency "Oh no! We're gonna be late"! and he galloped off to the school, but not after snatching Flash's hoof to bring him to class as well.

"Rainbowflashdash sits at his desk  and smiles as Ms. Cheerilee walks into the classroom.and    "Ms. Cheerilee says hello to her class full of fillys and colts ready to learn how to be a good pony in class.and Ms.Cheerilee ask "Rainbowflashdash to come the front of the desk to tell the class about him self. "Rainbowflashdash stands in front of the desk. and says i am Rainbowflashdash and live in cloudsdale with my mom and dad. They went to help Rainbowdash clear the clouds for ponyville today or so.

Toothie was interested by this, but maybe for reasons not fully related. Why was Flash going to a Ponyville school when he lived in Cloudsdale? Was it for the same reasons why Toothie himself wasn't at home in Vanhoover? His other question was completely unrelated and about time paradoxes. However, it was likely not to be explored, as other distractions came about in the classroom on a related subject.

"Rainbow Dash needed help clearing the skies?" asked a confused filly from the back row. "I thought she could do it all in ten seconds alone!"

Cheerilee, being the kind teacher she is responded with her seemingly limitless knowledge after thanking Rainbow Flash Dash for introducing himself to the class and dismissing him to return to his seat. "Well, yes she can, Dinky, but there are other pegasi in the weather business who enjoy their jobs, and they often prefer not to have their day of work taken from them. They need to work in order to have enough bits to support their homes, you know-- Which is coincidentally what we are going to learn about today!"

There is was! The accursed words that Toothie had feared! The hopes of a good Monday of magic tricks and cookies were shattered by the mention of bits and learning about economics. "I guess it's the same with every teacher no matter how they seem." Toothie mumbled under his breath, but not so quiet that Flash Dash couldn't hear. This was followed up with the minty pony smacking his head against his desk, moping about the ghosts that were his optimistic ideals about the rest of the week.

1 hour ago, flashdash250 said:

yeah you can join to

(Right)

Blueberry sat on the swivel chair (She liked them) and waited for her two scoops of her namesake, blueberry ice-cream (she liked that more). She noticed a mint colt come in with another, looking like they were also going to buy icecream. hesitantly, she watched them.

"Rainbowflashdash look at the ice creams to pick out just one to eat. So he paid bits to have is ice cream that was fudge on it so he eat his ice cream up. and see a pony a few sits down so "Rainbowflashdash walks up to pony and says hi there i am Rainbowflashdash and what is your name.

Blueberry leaned backwards. This colt was... narrating what he was doing? She titled her head a little.

"Helloo....?"

Toothie came out of the schoolhouse much differently than he had gone in, and everypony could notice it. Everypony could also notice the paths in the ground he left from dragging his head all the way to the icecream shop. Toothie was torn from his optimism, longing only to be reunited-- but how could he restore what was just a hoax to begin with?

After Flash had received his cone, Toothie plopped his head on the transaction counter to place his order, the rest of his helpless body dangling helplessly above the floor from his droopy, sideways head. The pony at the counter did a good job ignoring the devastated colt's eerily empty gaze 

"What can I get for ya, kid?"

Toothie took a raspy breath before projecting monotonous words forth from his mouth "My legs quiver with loss. My hooves ache from the burden of my depression. My heavy heart can sink no further. My lungs breathe the smog spewn from greedy souls. And my own soul is darker than the blackest of singularities. I have fallen beyond the event horizon, and I feel nothing but weariness consuming my thoughts, mind, and consciounce. All glimmers of hope are blotted out by the woe that has befallen me."  

The pony at the counter glared at the minty little colt as a droplet of saliva began to slip from his lifeless mouth, yet again displayed his resilience to the deformity that was before him.

"Strawberry?"

"Mint chocolate."  

"Cone or cup?"

"Cone."  

"Waffle?"

"Please."  

And off the shopkeeper went, preparing Toothie's order. Admirable

This was when Flash Dash went to greet another pony whose presence had apparently attracted his attention. This made Toothie force his reluctant eyes to follow the events that would unfold.

As Toothie was distracted, the shopkeeper came to Toothie and held out his order to be taken. He held out his order to be taken. He held out his order to be taken. He nudged him with his order to be taken. And eventually, he just placed the cone beside Toothie for when he would take the liberty to notice it.

Which he eventually did when the melting mint chocolate reached Toothie's mane. Retracting his attention away from Flash and Blueberry, he proceeded to lick up the melted icecream as it came to him, with his head still on its side, and the rest of him dangling from it.

Meanwhile, Blueberry  looked desperate. the Colt hadn't left her side after asking her questions. However, she had a technique. Carefully, her pupils shrank. and somewhere in her mind, tiny girl pubescent ponies were screaming a protocol.

"OH OH, there's a squashed bug on my seat!"

At the confusion from other ponies, she quickly slunk over two seats, next to the other colt. Hopefully he'd be better. She held her ice-cream in hand, and while the staff got a dustpan in attempt to find the 'bug', the other colt seemed distracted. and the one she was next to? Well...

"Rainbowflashdash look at the time and says oh no i am late getting home. So i will you at school in the morning Toothie and he look at the other pony and says what is your name. he said to the pony holding a berry ice cream in the hoof. and when he got home to his mom and dad in cloudsdale they ask him why he was late for getting home. and he says sorry to them both and says i was spending some friends met at school and we went to go to get some ice cream.

Blueberry stared at the narrating colt, who flew out of the parlor before finishing his icecream. Her eyes bulged a bit before she turned to the mysterious pony who had walked in with the fellow.

"Who WAS that stranger?" she asked him.

Archived