The Shinokage's Rebirth

NamelessTrax

This is the story branched off from The Kings of the Shadow World. Telling of how the former Shadow Hunters, now the Shinokage, began anew from the ashes of certain defeat. The Shadow Hunters began as a rival organization to the Blood Moon Order, assassins for Dirty Hire. One day, an unkown Man in a mask showed up and offered them a new Goal. After their current Leader, Slipknot, refused to accept this new Goal. The Masked Man beat Slipknot into submission, showing him just how weak they were. This Masked Man introduced himself as Obito, and told them they were not at their full potential. Under the Leadership of Obito, they were renamed the Shinokage, meaning Death Shadow. As well as dawning a black cloak with purple clouds, their insignia. The organization was reduced to only 12 members including Obito and Slipknot, but the presence of a hidden 13th loomed over Slipknots head. Unfortunately this new reign did not last long as a bigger threat rose from the depts of Tartarus itself. The infamous Dark Lord Nergal returned with a hunger for power, and after taking Slipknots soul for himself, Obito took the Shinokage underground. Their silence hardly noticed as Nergal raged on.

Months later...

Two figures sped through the trees crossing the border of Equestria, the front was a masked man with a bright red right eye, a black design spun around in it. His left was purple with black rings. The second was a tall and muscled man with brown hair and crimson eyes, he also carried another man known by the name Slipknot, unconscious from having his soul stolen from him. All three wore a black cloak with purple clouds. The masked man stopped them on the forest floor, "We make camp here for the night Crimson, and your sure the others are dead?" He asked turning to Crimson. The big man nodded, "Yes Obito, all eight of them met their deaths to my fists."

Back at the old Shadow Hunters Hideout, eight brutally beaten and ripped apart bodies lay scattered about, their dark enchanted weapons evaporating into the air. The last member had been killed by Nergal when he first awoke.

Obito looked away, "Good, get a fire started and make camp her for tonight. I have a new addition that I've kept tabs on for sometime through one of my clones, I will make contact with him now." He odered before flickering away instantly. Crimson sighed as he lay down Slipknot, "One of these days I need to learn how he does that."

In a nearby town, Obito walked into the local tavern. At first the people inside went quiet to inspect the newcomer but dismissed as just an odd fellow not worth their time. Obito paid no mind to them and made his way to where his first recruit sat.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A hooded man sat at the bar, sipping on a glass of scotch and not talking to anybody. Three other men came up behind him and glared at him. "Let me guess, you're here to teach me a lesson for killing your little buddy?" The hooded man said. "You're going to pay for this, assassin. And there's nobody around to save you this time." The hooded man finished his drink and set the glass down. "I think you have to actually be in danger to be saved, don't you?" He said as the men tried to grab him. The hooded man stood up quickly and instantly cut the man in the middle's throat. The whole bar froze with fear at the attack. The other too men stood there in shock at their leader's death before running away. He put his knife away and sat back down, sliding a large bag of coins to the bartender. "Sorry about the mess." He said before walking towards the door.

Suddenly the masked man in the purple cloud cloak stepped in front of him, his right eyes pattern spun around as he made eye contact with the hooded man. The world around them froze still, "Right now, you are under my Genjutsu, what is happening now is turning hours into miliseconds. My name is Obito, Leader of the Shinokage. I have kept tabs on you for the past few months and have seen great skill from you, therefore I want you to join my Organization." As he finished, the world resumed but they were now outside of the town, "If you'd like, we can have a little fight to tests strengths, show you why you should join me." 

The man raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms, unimpressed with Obito's magic. "Name's Silent Night. I've never heard of the Shinokage, but word on the street is you're what's left of the Shadow Hunters." He said with a smartass tone. "Tell me this, Obito, what if I don't want to join the wannabe Bloodmoon Order?" 

Obito remained silent as a sickle slid down into his right hand from inside his sleeve attatched to a chain. In his left hand, a guitar like fan appeared, three black tomes were designed on it. Obito leaned forward then flickered right infront of Silent spearing with his fan.

Silent leaned back dodging the strike from the fan before kicked Obito in the face knocking him back. Silent burst into a fury of strikes with speed unlike what anybody has seen. 

Obito didnt bugde an inch, not a scratch was left on his mask. He merely stood still as Silent him to pieces, suddenly Obito burst into crows, "Are you sure that what you're seeing is reality?" Obito asked as he rose up from the ground, then another Obito, and another till there were hundreds. The world blurred out into blood red skys with dead trees all around them. 

Silent looked around him in disbelief. "I see that you are more than a mere mortal." He said before sheathing his weapons. "I'm obviously outmatched. I suppose that means I'll come with you." 

With that, the entire world shredded down and they were still in the bar, with four clones of Obito standing around them as guards. Everyone in the bar were confused by what was happening, the clones poofed away and Obito turned around, "Follow me." He said starting to the exit of the bar.

Silent cautiously began to follow Obito out of the bar and into the woods. "So tell me, what happened to the Shadow Hunters that you adopted creepy magic and are going after new recruits?" 

((Isn't Rose part of this also?))

"I showed them another path with greater rewards, one of true and absolute Freedom." Obito replied simply.

((she's still back in Canterlot undercover, shes the hidden Leader.))

"We are in the middle of relocating, you're advice on any structures or Hideouts in the area would be welcomed. Even if there are occupants there currently, they can easily be dealt with." Obito said evenly.

Silent thought for a moment until he remembered a potential location. "I recently took a contract to wipe out a thief den. There's a cabin in the woods not far from here. The basement led to an underground area with tunnels for quick escape."

"It will do." Obito spoke briefly. As he spoke, a large man carrying another unconscious man, walked out from behind a tree. "Obito, we were ambushed by several men, lowly Merc's by the looks. They were dealt with quickly, but I moved just in case." He reported. Behind him were scattered bodies brutally beaten to pulps. Obito nodded, "Alright, we have a heading to a more permanent base anyway, good work Crimson. This is Silent Night, our newest inductee,... Play nice. Silent, show us the base you mentioned."

Silent nodded. "It's not far from here, and it should be abandoned still. If not, it shouldn't be a problem to clear it out again." He said before taking off into the woods. 

The group reached an old, run down cabin in the woods. Silent opened the door and went to the cabin's stone fireplace. He pushed in one of the stones, causing the fireplace to move out of the way, revealing a set of stairs leading down into a large hidden lair. "Home sweet home." 

"I will get to work on remodeling," Obito said as he made a hand sign forming several clones of him that went down the staircase, while one took Slipknot away from Crimson, "You two will get work on recruitment, there five others I have targeted. The first are two, Brother and Sister. Ally and Caesar Valentine, they're former Bloodmoons and were once pupils under Sun Flare, both use Ninjutsu like me so expect heavy resistance should a fight begin." Crimsons shoulders drooped a little, Obito was scary enough with his mysterious combat style, now he has to possibly fight others like him. "You got it boss."

Once they got out a ways, Crimson stopped them and took out a knife, "They're Bats, born under the Red Moon, their combined power rivals Obito, so we'll need to be on our guard." He raised his hand and slit his palm open a little letting the blood trickle out, he took his magic gauntlets and put them on, he raised his hands into the air and fired a magical blast into the sky. "Now we wait."

Miles away, two cloaked figures paused walking in the opposite direction, they turned with their green slit eyes turning a glowing red with the black design.

Archived