Sisters' Day Out (Private, ATTN: Princess of Night)

Lux

Princess Luna couldn't sleep. It wasn't that she was plagued by her own nightmare, she learned the consequences of when that happened! But while on her dream patrol, Luna realized something about her and her sister. The dream wasn't one that she needed to intervene, and was actually really pleasant. It was a colt remembering his first vacation to Canterlot and seeing all the wondrous sights there! That got the younger sister thinking: When was the last time that she and her sister, Princess Celestia, had a vacation or even just a day free to be together? 

"Was it two years ago... no wait that was when the Crystal Empire reemerged. Before that I was still getting back to ruling with my sister and before that I..."

Oh she knew where she was then, back on the moon. Could it be that it had been over a thousand years since she had a vacation with Celestia? Sure the two were close everyday, taking time out to be with each other, but not a full day. Well, that was all about to change!

"Now, where is my sister at? I wonder if she's sleeping in."

Princess Celestia was in her room, sleeping in her bed. It was rather late, since Luna was awake, seeing the dreams of the ponies, She was under the bed sheets of her bed, and was dreaming about she and her sister going out of Equestria in vacations. To where? Well, that was unknown, it was just a random pace, but it was beautiful.
It really looked like she kind of shared the same thoughts as her sister in that moment. She have had a few times to go out on vacations during her ruling, but after the banishment of her sister, they became less often, and missed going out with Luna. She had forgotten the last time the two went out together, a day off from their duties.

The door to her room was unlocked at that time of the night, and there were a few guards walking around or making guard outside of her room as she slept.

Luna crept her way down the hall, trying to be inconspicuous, well... as inconspicuous as an Alicorn could be! The guards patrolling the halls near the sleeping chambers bared batted an eyelash at her antics as most of the seasoned ones were used to the sister's routines and antics. Even so Luna nodded to pt them at ease and then with a sly grin placed her hoof on her mouth and made a shushing sound. The guards just shrugged as she approached Celestia's door and stepped in. In the last lights of the moon the room saw just a jumble of shadows while normally if Luna stepped in the place would be a sea of white and solar motifs mixes with hints of colors from her sister's mane. 

And there fast asleep was her sister. Luna wondered if Celestia was dreaming, but she didn't wish to invade the sister's privacy. She did have a task to do: wake Celestia up and tell her about her plan. 

"Sister," she said quietly so as not to startle the Princess of Sun, "Time to wake up. I have something to tell you." 

Princess Celestia soon heard the sound of the door opening slowly. It made almost no noise, but given that it was night and there were almost no noises to be heard, other than the guards. She thought it could be one of them or her sister, but she was quite tired to bother to look and just kept sleepng.

It was not until she heard that so familiar voice she knew who it was. Her younger sister. 

She wriggled a bit on her bed and turned around, covering her eyes from the light of the moon as she slept 

"Hmmmhmhmh.... Five minutes more...." she said sleeply as she snuggled her bed and pillows some more, soon cuddling a pillow. 

If there was one thing Luna knew about her sister over the many, many years it was that Celestia loved her sleep and her oh so comfortable bed! Why Luna imagined that if Celestia could she'd probably hold court and summits in it! But now was not the time to cuddle pillows and ignore what was going on. 

"No sister... not five minutes...come on...wake up!" 

This time she was a little more insistent with her voice while shaking her slightly. Granted she didn't want to make this like the safety of Canterlot or Equestria hung in the balance if the Princess of the Sun didn't get up, but still this was important that Celestia knew. Besides it was still morning if the moon was still out, right?

She let out a small sigh soon enough a she yawned and streatched her hooves softly as she let out another longer yawn. 

She slowly sat up, scratching the back of her neck with her hooved, her light rainbow colored mane a mess as she looked at her sister sleeply. She seemed to rereally need her morning coffee

"What is it, sister?" she soon asked as she started to get off the bed to start her day while she used magic to bring to her a towel and have a refreshing morning bath as usual

Finally Sleeping Beauty was awake... sort of. Then again Luna wasn't one to surrender her comfy bed either. She could see that her sister longed for a bath to get ready for the day. Come to think of it Luna was so interested in telling her sister she neglected a bath! Well, she could always take one after this. 

"What is it, sister?" 

"I was thinking about something as I slept... something troubling. Do you remember the last time that we went on a vacation. Not just planned one and had it cancelled by some crisis but a real vacation that came to fruition?" 

Spoiler

Short post. I apologize, but my time is limited today for posting on threads. 

(is okay)

Celestia looked at her sister as she spoke. That was a good question. When was the last time they just went out to relax? Go somewhere nice and leave things in charge to somepony. 

"i honestly don't recall."  Celestia said as she though for a minute while she opemed the door to the bathroom. She used her magic to place her towel next to her bath tube. 

"It has been a really long time." She said as she looked at her sister.

Spoiler

Don't worry, I still remembered this thread. 

For a moment Princess Luna expected Celestia to bring up a time lost in Luna's memory of when they were on vacation. But to her surprise not even her sister could recall! 

"Exactly! That's what I was thinking about. Why I think the last time we had a vacation was before..." 

Her voice trailed off before mentioning her being sent to the moon. it was still a soft sore for her as well as her sister, and this wasn't about digging up the past. This was about the future.

"It was a very long time, so I was thinking, why don't we have a vacation now? It doesn't have to be a week-long event of even a week, just one day where we can spend time together crisis and responsibility free." 

(just wanted to make sure)

Celestia looked at her sister as she started talking and stoped when she was about to say when she was banished to the moon by her. Something even Celestia didnt wanted to talk about.

"Hmmmm... Have some vacations?" she said as she stopped midway to the bathtube. She tried to recall again the old times.  "That sounds like a winderful idea!'" she said with a smile to Luna

The Princess of Night assumed that she would run into a barrier with requesting a vacation, her sister bringing up words and phrases like 'logistical nightmare" and "Equestria open to attack." But to her surprise and delight Celestia said yes! The Alicorn resisted the urge to bounce around her sister's bedroom like a filly going to a slumber party.

"Oh wonderful news! I'm so glad you agree. That's why I woke you up early, so that we may start our vacation day as soon as possible!"

"Sure thing sister, but start it this early? I don't even have my stuff ready." Celestia as she looked at her sister as she walked towards Luna. She was not even ready at all to go

"Lets get ready and plan everything better before going." she said as Tia put a hood on her sister's shoulder

Princess Luna had a habit of being spontaneous, maybe at times too spontaneous. Such was the case with today it seemed. Luckily her sister was there often to allay her concerns and at times reel in her snap decisions.

"Oh... well I don't mean this instant. I mean, I haven't even even had my bath yet, and I can see neither have you. So, you're right, how about we get ready and then we'll regroup over breakfast as to what we'll do."

"Of course sister. We can talk about this when we are eating. Now, leave my room please, I really want to take my morning bath." She said with a smile as she entered her bathroom and closed the door behind her. She let out a small yawn and after making sure the water was warm enough for her, she stepped into the bath tube and leaned back, closing her eyes for a moment as she started to think where could they go in their vacations. There were many options, but what would be the best one?
Go and visit the great city of Manehatten? Or perhaps the fabulous Las Pegasus? Or why not even go out of Equestria? There were so many options and just one day....

Luna smirked a little at Princess Celestia's dismissal of her. Her sister could barely function in the morning without one, and it was clear that even though the Sun Princess was interested in her plan of a vacation, Luna saw that she was inching every moment towards the tub. The Moon Princess just shook her head and retreated from Celestia's room, her mind focused on getting ready. After all, she too needed to get ready. She returned to her room, and after filling the tub with warm water stepped in. As she washed and relaxed in thee warmth, she considered where the two should go. There were many wondrous sights in Equestria, and many more outside of the kingdom. Still as she went through each place, she was no closer to figuring out where to go! Maybe this vacation idea wasn't thought out so much after all, but she still wanted to try. 

Archived