Luna's Dream Realm - Bevel Gear (Private ATTN: Pretzelpony)

Lux

Spoiler

First Dreamscape Thread Yay!

Nighttime was in full swing in Equestria as Princess Luna arrived at her Dream Room. It was perhaps her favorite place in the castle, even at times trumping her own room. The small windowless room was painted in hues of blues and purples with hints of blacks and silvers. The ceiling above her was enchanted to look like the night sky, complete with a moon as a light, twinkling stars, and even a passing comet! In the center of the room was what could be described only as a large round overstuffed blue ottoman: her dreaming bed. She didn't peer into the dreamscape using her own bed as there was the temptation of falling asleep. This dreaming bed was enough for her to relax and visit dreams without sleeping. Visiting dreams was by far her favorite nightly activity, more than Night Court or even raising the moon. It was a time that she could help ponies one-on-one to help banish their fears and nightmares and help them improve in their waking life.

She sat on the dream bed and placed herself into a sort of unconscious sleep-like state, diving into the realm of dreams. She found herself in a strange place that seemed to be an endless realm of light and shadows. There were also hundreds of doors floating, each representing a door to a pony's dream. Although she couldn't possibly enter everypony's dream at once, she tried to remember ones she didn't visit before.

"Now...were to first?" the Princess said looking at the doors. Soon one called out to her, and wasting no time she opened the door and stepped in.

One thing that Princess may have noticed was that the door seemed rather resistant to opening; it seemed to take about five pulls on the nob before it budged and she stepped inside. 

At first it seemed rather dark. Each hoofstep past the frame of the door brought Luna closer to the actual dreamscape. Sounds began to fade in as if tuning a radio and then the image of the ground became clearer to see as shadows seemed to get almost peeled off of nothingness to reveal the reality fabricated by the mind coming into view. More and more of the scene became formed around her until Luna found herself in what was an arid waste with only a few small plants dottign the landscape.

Once the dream finally fully formed, the ladnscape around her was entirely clear. It was hard to call where she was a desert. A wasteland was much more apt of a comparison; the ground below was clearly not sand, but cracked and dry soil that turned grey and lifeless for some unexplained reason. The plants were very much the same but there were a few things that stuck out in the scenery.

The closest thing to the princess was what seemed to be a long stretch of broken railroad tracks... but not too far along was a steam engines with minute signs of activity, the sound of hammering, sawing, screwing, and tightening. Something about the atmosphere seemed heavy, as if somehow things were heavier than they looked, including the princess. The change wasn't debilitating... just gave a sense that it was hard to really move forward.

When the princess made it closer she would see what appeared to be... a filly hammering away at the side of a train and hufffing in annoyance before galloping around in a hurry to the other side just as a whistle and a jet of steam spewed from the side of the vehicle. The filly eventually poked her head out from underneath the train and waved to the visitor.

KM8xeOem.jpg

"Sacre Bleu!" Exclaimed the strange filly with the yellow eyes and noticeable eyebrows, "I thought I was the only one out here! Who're you?" The brown fillyw as speckled with spashes of machine oil and she had a pair of goggles that were a size too big for her on her head with was engulfed by a fluffy mane.

Most of the time, Luna found getting into a pony's dreamscape to be easy. This time, however, it required great effort just to get in! Was the owner of the dream so resistant to anypony seeing it? As the Princess proceeded, she found herself in a very strange place. The landscape was lifeless save for a few plants. The place looked abandoned, filled with machines and even a steam engine yet it also had signs of life in the noises of building. Her pace was slowed too in this dream like everything moved deliberately at a lethargic pace. This place felt less of a place of progress and more of a place of endless senseless toil.

As she approached the engine, she could see a filly working on it! This dream was far too detailed for many fillies to create, but here was this pony scampering about. Maybe though that this wasn't exactly what the pony looked like in her waking life. After all, the dreamscape was the dreamer's design, and they could change anything they wanted, including themselves.

When the filly did notice her, she didn't realize that Luna was a Princess, even though the Alicorn made no attempt to hide or change her form. And was that a hint of a Prench accent?

"Have you heard of a Princess my little pony? For I'm Princess Luna. May I ask who you are and why you're in such a dangerous place for a filly to work?"

KM8xeOem.jpg

"Excusez-moi. Je-- er I thought Princess Celestia was the only princess... but I did hear that there was another pink one who was crowned a whiel ago." The little filly put her hoof to her chin as she thought before she realized her error and bowed repeatedly, "Je suis vraiment Desole! Even if I haven't heard of you, you're still a princess right?" The strange filly kneeled politely before getting back up upon hearing Luna's query as to why she was here.

The filly looked back down the length of the battered looking tracks, "Well... everypony- er everyone is in there having so big important discussion ... but they said I can't be be let in since I'm 'Trop peti--er, I mean too small and not relevent anymore." 

The pony climbed back up on onto the side of the train with a little spanner in her hoof, "But then I found this thing after they locked me out of the building over there... since they won't let me in I'm gonna take this train and ..." The filly hopped to the top of the train and flung out her arms with excitement and glee, and made the various onomatopeias for explosions that echoes out over the grey emptiness around them. "Kerboom! I'll bring this big guy through the wall and make 'em listen to me!" She said with a sigh, her face looking a bit downtrodden as added on, "Well... so long as they're actually interested in listening to me for one time."

The filly leapt off the top of the train with a thud before she looked to the princess. "I Just gotta finish fixing him ... and then well the trackin front of him before and I can finally have my say again! Vive la Revolution! Oh! my name's Widget by the way."

Princess Luna could only sigh about the fact that the filly only knew her sister. After all, at one point it was just Celestia. 

"No need to apologize, but yes I am a Princess." 

The Princess listened as the filly explained why she needed to get the train going. It wasn't that the filly wanted to escape this wasteland or that she needed to see others, rather she was ignored and wanted to get their attention. 

"Well it is nice to meet you Widget. So, can you tell me who these ponies are that won't talk to you? Perhaps I can speak with them rather than you using a train to make them listen." 

KM8xeOem.jpg

"Well... they look sorta like... well... um. There's two of them, One is a big tall griffin lady and the other looked like a pony but she had a mask with a face drawn on it over her real face and she had these dreadlocks, but when she moved it sounded like she had chains underneath those big robes she was wearing."The filly with the fluffy mane crawls underneath the train again and coughed a few times as another blast of steam fired out from the side and pulled herself out. 

"And... well I've tried talkin' to 'em but The doors on the building they holed up in don't open from the outside... and there're no windows anywhere where we could sneak in." The fily pointed to the distance and it looked like the building was... more like a solid chunk of black stone; No visible doors from this distance, but absolutely no sign of a window or anything.

"I'm sure I can get the train up and runnin' though... cause I don't think it's good to let them stay here either. Comprenez vous?"

These were two strange individuals that Widget spoke of. The Princess had to wonder if these figures existed in real life or if they were manifestations just like the rest of the dream. The pony mentioned how they were in the building but it looked more like a cell than a house. 

"How do you know what they look like if they are in that building? Do they ever come out to talk to you? I can see why you think they should leave with you, seeing this place we are in. It's certainly not a place a filly should be working alone. Do you know how or why you got here?"

Archived