Echoes of Twilight (Private)

It was a cold winter day. Hearthswarming had come and gone, and ponies huddled up inside their homes as the scheduled blizzard raged outside.

Inside Twilight's castle, a catastrophe was about to go down that would shape Equestria for years to come.

Connected to a very complicated and unusual machine was the mirror to another world. The mirror began to vibrate, the machine began to spark and smoke, and the book began to burn.

Then, it stopped. A moment of silence, followed by a loud CRACK and the clinking of glass falling onto the crystal floor.

The machine detonated an instant later, punching a hole throuh the floor and painting the walls with black ash.

Lying in the soot were two copies of Twilight, one white, one black, both unconsious. They lacked her height and wings, however.

They would awake soon.

Twilight was in her room, reading a book as usual. She had placed the mirror she used to visit her other friends in her room, so she had easy access to it

She was abut to leave her room to get a glass of water until she heard something. A crack. Where did it came from? She turned around just to see the mirror cracking. "Oh no, no no no no no..." she said as everything... whatever it was, started doing... whatever it was doing.

Her eyes soon went wide when she saw what looked like 2 other twilights... but different colors but where not alicorns.

"H-hey! Are you alright?!" She said as she hurried to them

Both Twilights had fairly superficial injuries. Some light burns that could clear up fairly quickly, and plenty of bruising. What was more unusual was their horns.

The black Twilight's horn was thicker, more angular, and rather sharp. In fact, it rather resembled Sombra's in shape.

The white Twilight's horn was even stranger. It was made of metal, with much wider and thicker grooves than usual. Faint scarring around the base showed that it was surgically implantet a long time ago.

After a moment, both Twilights began to stir.

twilight gasped when she noticed this ponies looked rather similar to her, but were still different.
She was about to run fur her friends and even call Celestia for aid in this, but the fact that they seemed to be waking up made her unable to do that.
She hurried and tried to see what she could do for them, or just wait for them to wake up

After a moment, both Twilights began to awaken. Even their eyes were unusual; Neither had pupils or irises. The black Twilight had blood red eyes, while the white Twilight had eyes that were yellowish-white, and seemed to emit light.

Both were rather groggy after the experience. Until, that is, they spotted one another. Both lept to their hooves, and began circling each other. Their heads were low, poised to strike. Shadows began dripping off of black Twilight's horn, while the grooves in white Twilight's horn lit up.

White Twilight struck first, sending a scorching hot white beam at her opponent. Black Twilight rolled out of the way, the beam melting a portion of the wall, and blasted a ball of dark energy at the white Twilight, who ducked under it. The ball hit the dresser, and began to eat at it like acid.

"Hey!" Twilight yelled as she saw what the fight did to her room. Those two were quite destructive! "Alright, enough!" She then said as her horn glowed and separated the two using magic bobble barriers. "You will calm down and explain why you are here! And fix my room as well!" She said

Both Twilights growled at each other before turning to Twilight.

"We came here to-" Both Twilights began before shooting the other a death glare.

"Let me talk!" Light Twilight said.

"Let me talk first!" Dark Twilight replied.

"I was here first!"

"You were not!"

"[censored] you!"

"[censored] you!"

"[yay] you!"

"[buy some apples] YOU!!"

Both Twilights charged up their horns, ready to fight again.

"Calm down!" Twilight said as her horn glowed more and made the orbs smaller, making the other two twilight have less space. The idea was to scare them by making their space less.

"You..." she then pointed to the white one. "Tell my why you are here... Them you..." she then said, turning to the other.

"I'm here for exploration!" Light Twilight said. "The Sun found this alternate universe, and sent me in through a hole that was already in it. That is here to kill you all!"

"What? No!" Dark Twilight replied. "I'm the one here for exploration! We aren't some dumb, blood-thirsty warmongers! You just want to enslave them!"

"That doesn't even make sense." Light Twilight replied. "A huge waste of resources, not to mention that it would severely hurt any diplomacy we attempt!"

Bothh Twilights huffed, but at least calmed down enough to stop trying to kill one another.

Twilight sighed. Well, this was a start, at least they were not trying to kill each other, but got somewhat suprised by the answers to the question 

One came to explore and the other one to do something bad? Or maybe the two came to explore or the other way around... It was hard to tell.

"Alright... I am going to let you free. Try not to kill each other or you get back to the bubble " she soon said

"Fine." Both Twilights huffed in the same tone of voice a colt would have after being told they could only play after he had finished his chores.

They still gave each other angry glares, of course.

"You're stupid."

"No, you're stupid."

The two plopped to the ground with an "Oof!"

Light Twilight looked at the destruction caused and sighed. "I get the feeling we're going to be stuck here a while. Wherever 'here' is. Who builds a house out of crystal?"

"And who builds a house out of machines?" Dark Twilight said.

"They're functional!"

"They're an eyesore."

As Light Twilight opened up her mouth to speak, she noticed the room get subtly darker. She looked at the window, past the raging blizzard, at the lowering sun barely pushing its rays through the clouds and cold.

"...Why is it all the way over there, Twilight?" Light Twilight asked normal Twilight.

"I don't know, why are you asking me?" Dark Twilight replied.

"Not you, the other one! The native!" Light Twilight clarified. "We might need to clear up this naming problem."

"Wait, how do you know her name is Twilight?" Dark Twilight asked.

"Given that she shares a very similar appearance to us, it's pretty obvious." Light Twilight explained.

Twilight simply facehoofed when they started arguing again and asked why she lived in a crystal palace. "I didn't created the castle. It was given to me like this, and I like it this way." She simply said as she sat on her flanks and looked at the two.

She then looked at the two. "We will sort this later. For now I will call you light and you dark." She said to both, naming the light twilight and the dark twilight respectably before she turned back and looked at the blizzard. "Oh... that is not normal at all." She soon said as her ears lowered a bit. She had a rather surprised look in her face. "We have to do something about it!"

"Seems a bit on the nose." Dark said with a shrug. "But whatever."

"So I take it the sun being all the way over at the horizon is not normal then." Light said. "Alright, just being sure."

"That's obviously a moon." Dark replied.

"Same thing!" Light said. "Though I have the feeling she may be talking about the weather."

"Unless the climate of this world is meant to be very cold. I mean, we do have snow on our world." Dark said. She then did a cute little jig. "Ha! I got the advantage!" She said in a singsong voice.

"Do you actually do survival training in... Whatever that stuff is? I think you called it 'snow'?" Light asked.

Dark's jig halted. "...Not really, no." She pouted.

"So much for your 'advantage', Darky." Light said smugly.

(I have an OC called Darkness Knight which I usually nickname Darky xP)

"It is just for now..:" Twilight said as she looked at the storm incoming. "And no. It is not near winter at all.. this is weird..." She simply said as she looked trough the window. What would cause a sudden change of climate in here? It was obviously not the work of the pegasi as she had the report for the weather of the month, and it was either sunny, cloudy or rainy. No snow at all...

"Oh. Well, that is a problem. I dunno, does your world have a sun or a moon?" Light asked. "My guess is 'sun', because it can still be seen despite this weather, but I just want to be sure."

"Hm." Dark said as she looked out the window. "It would take a fairly high-level mage to cast weather like this."

"Or a pretty powerful weather machine. The one back home is pretty advanced, but even that one would be pushing its limits making anything like this!"

"Of course. Using machenery for everything. How soulless." Dark snarked.

"Better than relying on some silly incantations and hoping for the best!" Light shot back.

"You have no idea how magic works, do you." Dark deadpanned.

"...Okay no," Light admitted, "But still!"

"We have both sun and moon... And as as you said... No machine would be able to create this, or normal magic..." she simply said before she turned around and headed towards the door. "I have to find out what is going on." she then added as she trottrf towards the exit of the room

Light and Dark looked at each other before deciding to follow Twilight.

"A world of both day and night..." Light said. "Never even considered that."

"Can't even keep their own weather in check." Dark said.

(It's okay, these things happen)

Light and Dark shared a glance, and followed Twilight. They admittedly were fairly curious about the situation as well, and about the world as a whole. This world seemed quite different from either of theirs.

(just 2 more days and I can post more regularly)

Twilight lead the 2 out of the castle onto the street. She was not sure how the local ponies would react to all this, vut she was prepared for the worst... probably

Both Twilights winced as they exited into the cold blizzard. Dark weathered the storm, determined not not let it best her. Light's horn lit, and she put up a heating aura around herself that melted the snow into rain before it hit her, which then evaporated. Steam rose from her as she walked.

The streets of Ponyville were empty, as everypony was taking shelter indoors.

Twilight made a magic barrier around them to protect the three from the snow. "Lets go..." She said, feeling a bit better since the two decided to follow her to see what it was, though she was not sure if they intended to help or just see.
She looked around and smiled when she noticed ponies were taking shelter, before she started walking towards were the biggest cloud was.

Light and Dark stared at the massive black cloud above. "Ominous." Light said.

A flash of light as lightning from the cloud struck the ground below; Both Twilights jumped from the startle. "That does not look normal!" Dark said. "Clouds aren't supposed to be all evil-like!"

"You would know what that looked like." Light muttered. Dark twisted her face in confusion. "That doesn't even begin to make sense."

Archived