(open)Crack on the head, Crack in the psyche...

Ashton

It was a warm and cool day in ponyville, the weather was just slightly cool and the sun was shining bright, the perfect day to be outdoors, and a familiar pegasus was just trotting back from a day spent reading to the foals in the garden of the ponyville foals hospital. Now admittedly This pegasus wasn't too familiar, after all her full-spectrum mane had been dyed several shades of dark grey (which had taken hours, but she decided she wanted to try just so she wouldn't have to mess with a wig) and her cyan coat was a golden brown, her tri-colored lightning-bolt cutiemark had been superimposed by a compass rose... on her head was a safari hat and around her chest was a green explorer jacket, her saddlebags even had the correct brooch on them. 

Little did she know what awaited her...

Just around the corner, Rarity stood at the base of a tree, her horn glowing as a alrge branch slowly bent down with a familiar feline on it "REALly, Opalescence, why do you insist on climbing these trees when you can't get back down?" chided rarity as she slowly bent the branch to the ground.

The feline stepped off, her nose in the air as usual, and Rarity released the branch... just as Dash was coming around the corner

*SNAP OOF CRASH*

the sound of the branch hitting the pegasus and sending ehr flying straight into the wall was all too familiar to them.

"Oh! Rainbow Dash! Are you hurt? Did you tear that drab yet perfectly detailed costume I made you!?" exclaimed rarity hurrying over -though not too quickly-

The pegasus groaned as she rubbed her head "huh? Rainbow? what... happened?"

"Opal was stuck in the tree... again..." she took a moment to glare at the cate, who ignored her "so I bent the branch to the ground so she coudl get down, and I was too hasty in releasing it! oh, I'm so sorry"

"That's a relief"

"it is?" asked Rarity, a bit surpised

"I was worried it was an attack by Ahuizotl!"

"gazuntite" said rarity

"No, I defeated him years ago. Now I'm having to fight Ahuizotl. You probably wouldn't know about that, I try to keep my adventures low-key"

Rarity just blinked, wondering exactly what her friend was going on about "come again?"

"oh, I forgot to introduce myself" she said, standing up "I am Daring Do, Adventurer Extraordinaire!" she said, with a sweep of her hat

Rarity's eye twitched "oh no...!"

-----

The fashionista burst into the Castle, her mane looking more than a little disheveled from the stress "TWILIGHT! TWILIGHT! IT'S HORRIBLE! it's dreadful! IT'S THE WORST THING EVER!" she exclaimed, before even making sure her friend was there "i FEAR I HAVE BROKEN RAINBOW DASH!"

Meanwhile the pegasus was being drug in by rarity's magic and looked more than a little annoyed "Just who is this Rainbow Dash you keep accusing me of being?" she asked

"TWILIGHT!!!!" yelled rarity again in exasperation, clearly stressed and worried about what she had done...

Archived