Guardians of the Weak (ATTN: Lyi) [FINISHED!]

PyroBlaze

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He almost sighed.  Almost.

"That's alright~  So you weren't affect at all by the invasion?  So...when you came to Svel, how was it affected by the invasion?"

He looked a bit confused, "Burned?  They burned the entire town down to drive the Changelings away?  H-how did you guys manage to pick yourselves up from absolutely nothing?!"

He shook his head in disbelief that there could be such an optimistic crowd.

He nodded, agreeing.  But something struck him-this Minotaur wasn't like the rest of the ponies...

"Do you see yourself as a protector to these ponies?"

He grinned, "I protect Equestria-too!"

He smiled, slowly drifting into a more comfortable stance.  It was nice to see he had something in common, "Do you have a family?"

Dolor nodded to him. She had a feeling he worked to protect as well. When he asked about family, her smile faltered a bit, and she remained silent at first. 

"Parents should be alive..." She said after a bit of silence. 

He took a deep breath and reached over to squeeze a hoof, "What happened?"

If this was essential information, he would prod it out of her...just...carefully.  He had his own share of family problems.

(She's a Minotaur, so her only hooves are her feet...)

"Rival tribe attack, hurt family." She replied, looking at him a bit sadly. "They brought to justice though." She added, smiling slightly. 

He nodded, "I can relate.  I grew up in a family where my father was always away, and I was always needing to prove myself.  And when I had my filly..."

He sighed and facehoofed.

Dolor tilted her head a bit at his words, not really seeing the connection between the two situations. "What wrong?" She asked when he placed his hoof against his face.

"Stupid girl, I've kicked her out from the family.  Completely disown her!  She thought that being a musician on the streets was better than working as an Aerion Royal Lunar Guard for the Crown!"

He erupted, before quickly composing himself once more.

"No, only parents." She responded, sighing a bit as she spoke. She still didn't understand why he had done that to his daughter, but it appeared they had changed focus now.

He nodded, quickly noting it down.  His mind drifted a bit-to the his own parents.

It's...been a very long time since I've talked to them....

Or even thought of them

He cleared his throat, eager to get back on track with the interview, "Did you know anypony that was affected by the invasion?" 

He blinked in confusion, "They had to tear the town entirely down to protect themselves, and now they have to rebuild it from scratch-but they're not bothered!"

He looked at her with wild eyes.  

How could anypony be so...acceptable to life?

Archived