do you hide your brony-ness?

Angie Cakes

do you hide the fact that you're a brony?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. do you hide the fact that you're a brony?

• yes
    • no
    • from some people
    • from most people

Well, if the problem doesn't just go away on its own, and it might if you stay silent, then you should prepare yourself to defend the series. It is of good quality, and is not terribly difficult to justify. It may not change their minds or stop teasing, but it will increase your confidence in yourself and your hobby.

Why do you watch it? Answer that for yourself before opening my reasons below:

The theme is that relationships are challenging, but rewarding and worth the effort.

There is almost no romance drama, allowing the show to focus on attributes of healthy friendships.

The characters are diverse and relate-able so anyone can find a character that they like.

The lead is a nerd, but a cool one.

The animation is visually appealing

Many thanks! This will surely come in handy

Guest PlatinumRarity

Why would you be sad about you being able to do what you want? I would love to be able to pull up some Mlp forums without no one noticing :P

Because I love the attention :Rarity:

Guest PlatinumRarity

Ah, I guess its the complete opposite for me

There's nothing wrong with that! Sure it's great to be able to browse the Internet for hours at a time and be paid for it, but I need a little social interaction from time to time. This helps though ;)

There's nothing wrong with that! Sure it's great to be able to browse the Internet for hours at a time and be paid for it, but I need a little social interaction from time to time. This helps though ;-)

You have a point :) It has its pros and cons. Although being able to go on Mlp forums etc without being judged would be a godsend

Although being able to go on Mlp forums etc without being judged would be a godsend

I welcome you in the way only Photo Finish could:

"Nervous? Don't be ridiculous. You're only facing a large crowd of ponies, who will be watching your every move, and silently judging you."

Guest PlatinumRarity

I can tell this is a forum I'm gonna be sticking around on :D

There's a reason the bronies are a sensation ;) I'm just glad I found somewhere active to post during long, rather dull work hours.

To answer the poll: Nope, I don't hide it (Well, studyin' informatics with pony wallpapers...), and I even try to convert some friends :).

Most of my them know it, and even if the first time I told about it, I was answered 'Dude, you spelled brownie wrong :-|', I still try to convert them with the awesome stuff from the fanbase :P

I hide it from no-one on the internet, but I hide it from most people at school because I'm far from popular. If anyone came to my house, though, they would find out immediately that I am a brony.

I got my little sister into FiM, and, as a result, I got 1" tall models of Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Rainbow Dash for Christmas. I haven't actually told my parents that I watch MLP, but I've got more than a hunch that they know anyway. They just don't talk about it much. My big sister, however, told me (jokingly) that all the people who watch My Little Pony are "stoners". I didn't say anything to that...

Guest HipsterRarity

I hide it from no-one on the internet, but I hide it from most people at school because I'm far from popular. If anyone came to my house, though, they would find out immediately that I am a brony.

I got my little sister into FiM, and, as a result, I got 1" tall models of Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Rainbow Dash for Christmas. I haven't actually told my parents that I watch MLP, but I've got more than a hunch that they know anyway. They just don't talk about it much. My big sister, however, told me (jokingly) that all the people who watch My Little Pony are "stoners". I didn't say anything to that...

If we "stoners" can enjoy the show this much, I can only imagine what others that truly use... ahem, substances experience with the show :Rarity:

• Like 1