do you hide your brony-ness?

Angie Cakes

do you hide the fact that you're a brony?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. do you hide the fact that you're a brony?

• yes
    • no
    • from some people
    • from most people

Unfortunatley i do :-(

Being a 15 year old male Brony is not really the most...well...um... "respected" Thing in the world...

Especially in highschool...

Here, here. However, there are other bronies in my group and those who aren't have learned to deal with it, so we make do just fine.

Guest HipsterRarity

Touché, but please forgive me for not wanting to try it...

No forgiveness required, I abhor substance abuse myself.

Unfortunatley i do :-(

Being a 15 year old male Brony is not really the most...well...um... "respected" Thing in the world...

Especially in highschool...

All that matters is that you respect yourself first. I was very withdrawn until being in rather prominent clubs/groups thrust me into a spotlight that I couldn't really avoid. Ever since, I've learned that if I don't judge myself others tend to lose their ability to do so as well. It was liberating.

15 year old bronies? *Faith in humanity restored*

Btw, what I'm about to say is my opinion, and I totally understand if somepony disagree with me, but even if you feel like rejected because you're a brony, you can anwser something like 'I may look wierd or whatever, but I have a bigger family that you'll ever have'.

'cause it's what we are, right? A big family :sad: *hugs everywhere*

Guest HipsterRarity

Btw, what I'm about to say is my opinion, and I totally understand if somepony disagree with me, but even if you feel like rejected because you're a brony, you can anwser something like 'I may look wierd or whatever, but I have a bigger family that you'll ever have'.

Ahh personal spa- Oh alright.

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Hipster Rarity? What happened to Platinum Rarity?

*hug* We're the best kind of brony :D

<------ 14 Year old brony :)

Real nice comment about being a family! *Groupbrohoof* I will have to use that as a response to my not as accepting friends, they make me :'( with their close minded-ness

Some people in this world could do with a dose of maturity hormone, don't you think?

Some people in this world could do with a dose of maturity hormone, don't you think?

Definitely! Being a brony at this time in my life is really hard, but it really shouldn't be! :/ some people just need to accept other peoples thoughts and feelings. I am really glad I've now found this forum where I can talk to such a wide variety of bronies.

Sorry if I'm ranting a little, I need to get all this off my chest :(

Definitely! Being a brony at this time in my life is really hard, but it really shouldn't be! :/ some people just need to accept other peoples thoughts and feelings. I am really glad I've now found this forum where I can talk to such a wide variety of bronies.

Sorry if I'm ranting a little, I need to get all this off my chest :-(

I've really gotta agree.

Children our age just cannot see past the idealogy that is "popularity" and branch off into something else. Everyone thinks the same way, and if they don't, they are considered an outcast and will be abandonded by all their "freinds".

Especially for a male pony such as myself. I play on the football team, and in most cases am a "dude", but why does that mean i cannot appreciate and enjoy a really good show? Why can i not be different without being outcast and considered a freak of nature?

rant over.

Love everypony here :)

I've really gotta agree.

Children our age just cannot see past the idealogy that is "popularity" and branch off into something else. Everyone thinks the same way, and if they don't, they are considered an outcast and will be abandonded by all their "freinds".

Especially for a male pony such as myself. I play on the football team, and in most cases am a "dude", but why does that mean i cannot appreciate and enjoy a really good show? Why can i not be different without being outcast and considered a freak of nature?

rant over.

Love everypony here :)

I'm now happy knowing that there are plenty others out there either going through the same sort of thing or knows what I and many others feel.

I'm now happy knowing that there are plenty others out there either going through the same sort of thing or knows what I and many others feel.

Likewise.

Why can't we just like or enjoy something without being judged?

This is why i dont hang out with any Freshmen...none of them are mature enough to even understand the concept of individuality.

Guest HipsterRarity

Hm, I wish I could do more for your shared situation. I suppose all I can offer is friendship and understanding, and the promise that it will get better. I speak from experience.

Likewise.

Why can't we just like or enjoy something without being judged?

This is why i dont hang out with any Freshmen...none of them are mature enough to even understand the concept of individuality.

I don't know, if its our choice what we watch then why do we have to be judged by others about it??

Also what are freshmen? :P It isn't a term we use in England

oh it means 9th graders :P.

What do you English call it?

Freshmen are in the first year of something. It typically applies to the first year in high school (usually 9th grade) and the first year in university.

Sophomores are similarly the second year in something.

9th graders are the kids in the first year of highschool. or 15/14 years old..

England confuses me XD

Okay then, this means that, they would be in year 10 here in England. I can agree with you when you say you don't hang out with any because at that age many are immature and don't understand peoples hobbies outside of the male stereotype, because I am also in toss year there isn't anything I can do about it but I have been lucky enough to gain some form if maturity quicker than others of my age :D

In short, I see no problem in people having hobbies that may seem strange to some and I don't understand why people can't just accept people for who they are.