There's Magic In the Air(closed)

RainbowFoxxy

dashiebanner_zps8kipjuya.jpgtwilight_sparkle_banner_by_zacatron94-d6b2IxtTc.jpg

"Time to practice my transport spells!" Twilight chirped. "I could have spent another two days reading up but someone wouldn't let me rad in peace..." She eyed the baby dragon trotting next to her.

"Come on Twilight! I mean you spend the last five days in the library reading books you've read four times already!" Spike put a claw to his forehead.

"Not four...three! Not nearly enough," Twilight sighed as she walked. "Anything by Starswirl is worthy of at least ten read throughs. I've got lots more to study!" She winked at Spike. "But I suppose putting some of what I'm reading into practice is a good idea!" 

Eventually the two made it to a calm corner of Ponyville. There were other ponies around but nopony close enough to get in the line of magic spells. 

"So...I think I'll aim my spells out that way," Twilight eyed an open area the stretched far away towards the forest. "That way if something goes wrong nopony will be affected," 

"Nothing's gonna happen! You've already mastered much harder spells than these."

"Well yes but...transportation requires a great deal of concentration. More than a lot of my spells. Plus there's a delay. Most spells happen quickly but transport spells sometimes have a really long build up." Twilight eyed the area. "So, Spike, you ready?"

"Sure am!" Spike saluted he Princess and trotted out to set up some items. Apples, flowers, a couple books, a stuffed pony toy, a balloon, and many other items were placed at various distances away.

"Ok, here goes..." Twilight's features screwed up in concentration as white sparks and crackles emitted from her horn.

-------

Rainbow flapped her wings slowly as she made her way into Ponyville with Applejack. The pegasus had been living life on high for the last while. She still couldn't believe that she was with AJ. She still tried to impress the farmmare of course, but for different reasons now. They still raced, and cavorted, and egged each other on. But they also nuzzled, and cuddled, and kissed- and more.

"Just wait until next time!" Rainbow flapped down next to AJ. "I'm going to beat you on that leg of the race next time for sure!" Bravado hung thick on the air. "I mean, I wasn't even trying all that hard!" 

She would have said more but instead she hovered in front of AJ and planted a short kiss on the mare's nose. "Yep, just wait until next time!"

5HbB79Q.png

Applejack was having a whale of a time getting much done it seemed, though she couldn't complain much. All of these extra distractions were her own dang fault anyway. Her mamma always warned her to stay away from strange pegasi, what with their penchant for looking like they were made for sunshine and beaches. Pa had dreaded that his filly would eventually fall for somepony with a flair for the dramatic and showboating theatrics, aggressively pursuing and catching her. Well, Applejack was sure neither one of them would have minded the pegasus mare Applejack had roped down to earth for a roll or ten in the hay. Not that- well, Applejack would care what her parents would have said, but not enough to not love her little Rainbow.

They had been together for a while and it was proving to be every bit as great as she had dreamed it would be. The competitiveness hadn't died down at all, nor had their mutual love of putting the other to the screws for the fun of it at times. They had loads of fun together, but lately something had seemed off. She didn't think anything about it at first, but she was feeling fatigued all the time. Out in the fields she could normally work twelve, fourteen hour days and still feel well enough to play a few full games of hoofball if need be. Now she started to feel herself get plum tuckered by high noon. Today was no big exception, and she felt as though this was one of those races that Dash must have gone easy on her on.

Not that she was gonna show signs of being that tired, however. Applejack was stubborn as ten mules and was Ponyville's best athlete. Even a tired Applejack who must have been coming down with something- she was feeling sick almost every morning as well- could still beat her winged paramour ten to the pillar on that leg of the race. Rainbow kissed her mare and Applejack responded with a strong, forceful kiss of her own. "Awww, little ol' Rainbow is goin' easy on her fillyfriend? Guess she's a bit of a softie after all, ain't she?" Applejack teased. She was visibly panting a bit, and she just didn't know why. But she winked nonetheless. "So, how about you an' Ah get a bite ta-"

Then magic happened!

• 2 weeks later...

dashiebanner_zps8kipjuya.jpgtwilight_sparkle_banner_by_zacatron94-d6b2IxtTc.jpg

Rainbow happily accepted the kiss from her fillyfriend. Though they had been together for a while now every time AJ kissed her she couldn't help getting a rush that ended with her wings stretched out and her cheeks blushing. This time was no exception and the pegasus seemed to hover without flapping her wings for a good couple of seconds until the kiss ended. 

She let her mind switch to food for the briefest of seconds as AJ inquired upon a bite to eat when a flash came from the other side of the field they were walking through.

Rainbow's eyes got big as the white and purple light sparkled and crackled towards them!

----

"Twilight! Look out!" Spike hollered at the Princess, his claws waving in the air. "There's ponies on the other side of the field!"

"Oh no Spike! Oh no!" Twilight tried to hold back the full force of the magic that was about to blast forth from her horn but it was no use!

Magic was in the air!

----

"AJ look out!" Rainbow tried to push Applejack out of the way but she couldn't move quite as fast as light.

The pegasus watched as AJ was enveloped in what looked like a ball of purple lightening. "AJ!"

----

"Spike! That's Rainbow and Applejack! Come on!" Twilight transported herself instantly to Rainbow's side.

They both looked down on the orange mare that lay on the smoking ground.  

5HbB79Q.png

Getting hit by a magic blast was like getting hit by the largest racer in the Haytona 500, run over by a terribly purple and white flash of a thing that bowled her over and left her feeling like she was the target of a particularly vicious tackle in a game. She was sent end over end, tumbling down over to a tree which she hit with a sick thud, two branches breaking off and falling on either side of her. Her head had borne the brunt of the hit as had her neck. A normal pony'd probably be out like a light for the rest of the night or have a bit of a hitch in their neck that'd see them in the hospital as a precautionary measure. She was fried a bit on top of that, smoke rising from her like she was a well-cooked meal.

Luckily she wasn't like everypony else and was imbued with the titanic endurance and strength of stubbornness that was an Apple's birthright. She was knocked about something fierce but nothing she couldn't just get up from. Wobbling, but she still got up. She maybe stumbled around but the point was she was up! She tried to piece together what happened. There was Dash who and she looked fine enough and that was just swell and all. Then there was Twilight and what was she doing here? She thought Twilight was doing research or somesuch today, not hanging about in the park. Or wherever she was right now. Where was she? What time was it? Was it harvest? When wasn't it harvest?

"Hoooowdy!" she said, trying to tame her wobbling as she looked bug-eyed at Twilight. "Whatcher doin' here?" She said with a placid smile and a vacant looking expression. She shook her head and gave Rainbow a more genuine looking one, though her eyes were clouded with some vague sense of confusion. "Hey thar Sugarcube. Y'all know what hit me?"

dashiebanner_zps8kipjuya.jpgtwilight_sparkle_banner_by_zacatron94-d6

b2IxtTc.jpg

Princess Twilight Sparkle had made some mistakes... BIG ones. She had messed up more times than she could count. One thing she had learned through her time over the past few years was that she needed to leave the past behind her. She was going to make mistakes. Everypony made them. It was just a fact of life for those who tried to better themselves. Who reached beyond what they could handle and attuned themselves to more than they thought they could be!

But...

This was more than a mistake...

This was absolutely the biggest blunder she could have ever imagined. 

It was more than a blunder.

Twilight's eyes filled with tears as she galloped onto the scene of her magic's destruction.

"Oh! Applejack! Applejack!" The purple Princess sobbed as she ran up to her dear friend.

"Oh no..." Spike's voice was filled with shock. The baby dragon had never witnessed something like this. He had no idea how to help, so he just stood there at the end of the field.

"APPLEJACK!" Rainbow's voice rose a few octaves higher than usual as she watched the horrible scene play out. Though Dash was fast, she couldn't outdo the blast of magic that had come their way. Still, she had let AJ down. 

Then before them both AJ did the incredible. Something only a pony of pure fortitude could pull off. Though she had been bowled head first into a solid tree trunk. Though she was still smoking and charred. Though she should be out cold and headed for the hospital... Applejack stood up!

The ponies cantered to her sides, holding her up and trying to be tender as to not injure her further. 

"Applejack...I..i..." Twilight's voice faded off as tears spilled down her face. 

"Here, you need to sit down baby." Rainbow's voice was wavering, filled with emotion. "Come on AJ, you shouldn't be up."

Twilight took a breath. There was no way she should be forgiven for this but she would still help her friend as best she could. She needed to keep a level head. 

"Rainbow's right. Spike!" She called out to the baby dragon. "Help us settle her in this grass." She nodded to a place where a nice soft patch of grass was growing. 

Spike ran forward and made sure the grass patch would be a comfortable place to lie down. He tossed a few sticks out and then nodded. "Bring her over here."

"Twilight! What did you do? What spell was that?" Rainbow narrowed her gaze at the purple alicorn while they helped AJ. She had never been so mad at a friend before. She didn't even know if it really was Twilight but her frustration had to go somewhere.

"I-it was supposed to be a transformation spell...obviously it wasn't." Twilight's voice wavered but she continued on. "Here AJ, lay down, let us help you."

Twilight's horn began to glow. She would cast a soothing spell. It would help with the pain, charring, and disorientation.

"NO!" Rainbow stood in front of her marefriend. "You're not allowed to cast spells on her anymore!"

Twilight stood, shocked by the order. Never had anypony dared to give her an order since she had become a princess. 

"Rainbow, I have to help her."

"You've helped enough," She glanced at AJ. "You've...AJ? What wrong with your barrel?" She placed a hoof gently on her love. "Oh geez Twilight what did you do to her?"

5HbB79Q.png

Applejack didn't understand what all the fuss was about with Rainbow, Twilight, and Spike running about with their manes on fire. Maybe they hadn't ever been to a rodeo and seen Applejack get tramped by a raging bull or knocked against the sides of the arena, but she was as tough a pony as was made under Celestia's warm sun. It would take more than a bit of knocking about to see her cross-eyed and out of it. Still, that didn't mean she didn't feel like she had been hit by every large object ever at once because she did. She was short of breath and felt like a giant bruise with pony parts as she was led to a soft patch of grass, where she stumbled and sat down. It sure was soft though and made her want to rest good and long.

But she had friends and lovers worrying about her and wasn't about to parlay that into a nice, long nap. Twilight was beside herself and Applejack could gather that she was at fault here. Would make sense and all based on how she felt since she could swear she hadn't felt something physical and real reach out and touch her. No, it had felt forty shades of magic all shining brightly at once on her and penetrating her harshly, pushing her with the sheer aetheral power of her friend. Applejack could feel her anger rising, but was too tired to really want to push it at the moment and could feel the shame and sorrow in her voice. No need to make it worse. "Sugahhcube...jush a laitle ahhcident, no bigsh deal," she said with slurred words, her once perfect speech failing a bit as her adrenaline stopped pumping. "Spikey, y'all feth soom' watah?"

What really needed to happen was for her fillyfried to calm it down an octave or five. She was being overprotective and bitey about this whole ordeal, especially seeing as it was just an accident. She could often overreact but this was unwarranted. Then she mentioned something about a barrel...what did that mean? A barrel? She didn't have a barrel with her. Or was it...oh was Rainbow talking about her body, the underside that she often called a barrel because of how hard and stocky she felt? Applejack looked at herself awkwardly. "Whatcha mean' Sugah? Ah'm feelin'alllll barrel like," she said, rubbing her slightly distended belly some. Now that she looked at it..."Ah'm a fatty."

• 2 weeks later...

When AJ exposed her distended belly for them to clearly see both mares stopped and stared at each other. Then they looked back at AJ, then at each other again.

"Rainbow, let me cast a soothe spell," She spoke as softly as she could, trying to calm the pegasus. "I promise things are going to be ok."

Rainbow made the most awkward of muzzle movements, trying to get words to form but she couldn't.

Twilight's horn glowed and sparkled and soon a cloud of soft blue was floating all around the earth pony. The magic in the spell helped to take away pain and mend injury. It couldn't completely heal but at least it could help. When the magic lifted AJ looked more comfortable.

"Rainbow, did you know...about this?" Twilight asked, her voice a little strained.

"Know? How was I supposed to know you could cast a...a...pregnancy spell?" 

"I can't." Twilight's expression took on a small smile.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" Rainbow came near her filly friend and gave her a nuzzle on the muzzle. "Applejack," She moved her hoof gently over the mare's belly. "Why didn't you tell me?"

5HbB79Q.png

Twilight went about trying to help in the way she knew best, magically, which was ironic considering it was a magical mistake that brought them to this position based on what she could gather. Not that she would say no to any help even if she didn't need it, nope! Not at all! The soothing spell worked wonders on her, cascading across the muscles and the bones and dulling her pain. She breathed a huge sigh of near animalistic relief as her brain exploded in the sensation of calm, sweet tranquilization. And in this state she had to piece together conversations because it was really tempting to just take a great nap from this position, even after Rainbow had out and out insulted her by calling her fat.

It was an awfully rude thing to say.

Then she charged in and nuzzled Applejack a bit which pulled her out of her slight dazed state, Applejack belatedly returning the favor with a daring lick of the retreating Dash. And then questions started being asked and it was time for Applejack to try and put the pieces together. She hadn't heard much about what the two had been talking about, only snippets, and hadn't considered it an important avenue of inquiry. But Rainbow looked a bit frantic, a bit happy, and Applejack wasn't all that dumb. She had a protracted barrel now and with all the words that were bandied about just now it didn't take much to really piece it all together. The only reason this dawning realization of what was being said didn't cause her to break out in a smile was because of how relaxed she was.

Indeed, all she could manage was a distance smirk.

"Well, Ah's not rally thinkin' 'bout it, just feelin' a bit fatty," she said. Well, more like mumbled. The pain may be gone, but everything else that had happened...well, had happened.
"Hey Sugahcube," she said, leaning in, "What're we tahhlkin' 'bout 'gain? Where are we?"

• 2 weeks later...

Rainbow was a bit concerned for her filly friend. AJ didn't seem to be snapping out of this like she sometimes did. Perhaps she really had hit that tree too hard? She figured with all that was happening in AJ's body she might not be quite as resilient as she usually was. 

"Twi, do you think she'll be ok?" Rainbow glanced at the Princess.

Twilight was nervous for the foal. A good bump like that could injure a little one. Still she had used her magic and Applejack still seemed off. "Rainbow, I think we should take Applejack to the hospital. I'm not sure what injuries may have been caused by this to her or to the foal."

"Ok," She nuzzled AJ again. "You really think she's ok Twilight?"

"Yes, I think she will be fine. That spell I cast on her should have taken care of anything really serious if there was major injury. But we should take her to get looked over, just in case."

Twilight turned her attention to AJ. "Alright Applejack. You just relax. We're going to get you looked after." Twilight's magic then enveloped AJ, lifting her off the ground. The Princess began to trot towards the hospital, moving AJ slightly in front of her. "Come on Rainbow, stay with her."

Rainbow trotted along next to her friend. "You're gonna be ok AJ,"

5HbB79Q.png

These two mares spoke about Applejack as if she wasn't there, a simple figure of concern in their lives rather than the friendliest and most getting alongingest of ponies around. They spoke of hospitals and concerns and what needed to be done but the first thing that really jolted her was the word of a foal, and the nuzzling by her marefriend. That brought her back stumbling into the world of coherent thought, though it was a silent resurgence. She got up with the others and considered for a moment that the ground was honestly just really comfortable and nice and boy howdy wouldn't it be swell to just relax, but thought better of it. She followed  her marefriend closely, picking up her pace enough to stand side by side.  It was nice feeling the warmth that radiated from her little birdy, but Celestia knew she had other ideas.

She didn't know where she was or what really was going on all that much except she felt like a dozen trucks had hit her, but she knew she was carrying, she knew who the other parent was, and didn't that just make her the happiest mare of all time? It sure did. There were few things the Apples valued over family and most of those came around back to family eventually anyway. Being a mother was the greatest joy and honor she could feel. And when she was in a better state of mind that would allow this ceaseless wave of emotion to actually be felt as anything but a distant, yet blazing, star then she would cry and cry alot. But for now there was only one activity that could accurately and positively reflect her good mood, and she wasn't sure if anypony else would even like it.

She nibbled on Rainbow's ear, munching on it gently as she slowly pulled Rainbow's head down, guffawing through her full mouth as they continued walking.

Archived