Walking on the Moon, Prancing on the Wind (ATTN: Tacobob)

PyroBlaze

Once outside, the pair started to follow their new friend to the magic guild. Soon they would see great magic that would both befuddle and amaze their very senses, "I heard this place used to be an old warehouse.", Fast Track was the first to speak, "Used to belong to a mare named Nivial, but when she moved out of town, she donated it to the guild. Heard Pocket Change and Miss Moondancer did a pretty good job at fixing it up."

This confounded the filly, "How do you know this?"

"Remember back when Cinnamon Tart, Double Time and I had to go on that field trip at the dig site last Spring?", the colt asked his friend.

"Yep.", Wind Walker shot back.

"Pocket Change was our tour guide.", the colt nodded his head as an older stallion walked past the group.

"Did he almost get you all killed and or lost?", the filly rolled up her eyes. "And also, did Cin hit on him?"

"No on getting us killed and yes, on getting us lost. And also yes, on Cinnamon hitting on him.", Fast Track continued, "Double Time was showing off and she accidentally bumped into this stone lever thing on the wall, which sprung some sort of door, or possible trap. We all fell in and had to wander around this underground cavern thing for like an hour."

The blue filly glanced back at Moonprancer as they walked, "Don't know how he keeps getting tour guide jobs. Bebop and I got stuck with him awhile back and we got lost under the mountain Canterlot castle is on."

Moondancer smiled as she listened to tales of how Pocket Change got her new friends lost on a tour. Well, that was Pocket for you. 

"And that's why I'm never letting him lead me anywhere. One good thing being Moony's sister, I was warned of him before I ever got him as a guide." She said matter-of-factly as she led them to the guild. 

"Well, here we are. Should we go inside?" The unicorn said as they reached the guild building. 

“You gotta watch out.”, Wind Walker warned, “Sometimes, or possible, even nearly all of the times.”, she quickly corrected herself, “Grown ups don’t really listen to what you have to say. One minute, you’ll be telling them not to let Pocket Change lead your tour group, and then the next, you’ll be in the process of being chased by Aboleth, the God in the Waves, cause Pocket's hat got blown off by the wind and landed on some old pre-Equestrian relic the wrong way.", the filly added with a smirk, "According to my brother, he's actually a pretty decent adventurer, but he's not really good with kids. Brother Sky went with him on this adventure up north. He said they met some really pretty white griffons who live in a tower and Pocket helped defeat a weird smoke monster thing."

"Oh, check it out.", Fast Track pointed to a logo emblazoned on the guild's door.

dwEcEsk.png

"I also heard Princess Twilight is a member of this guild. Imagine learning magic from her.", the purple pony was far from her favorite Princess, but she still admired the recently crowned alicorn. "And yes, we're ready to enter."

The pair waited for the unicorn to do something really magical to open the door. Did she need to invoke a special spell to get in? Maybe an hidden magic device was the tool? Or, maybe she needed to use a special, secret word?

"Yeah, that's true. Guess I'll just have to be extra careful if I ever get him as a guide." Moonprancer said, sighing slightly. She was about to open the door when she noticed her friends' gazes. 

"What? It's just a door." At least she was pretty sure about that. She'd never bothered to check for wards or anything. It made sense that there would be some, but it was never a problem for her. Shrugging, she gripped the handle in her magic and opened the door for them. 

The unicorn led them inside, humming a bit before heading towards the practice areas. They wanted to see some magic, didn't they? Besides, that was as good a place as any to start a tour. 

"What kind of magic do you guys want to see?" She asked, looking over at the two. 

“Oh.”, the colt could not help but be a little disappointed that they were entering an magic guild hall via such non-magic means. He was at least hoping it would be hidden in an old and abandoned, and possibly even haunted house.  Or maybe it looked like a simple hat store, but if you said the right words to an lone wizard’s hat, a secret door would open. The pair followed Moonprancer down the guildhall’s hallway.

They passed one room that held an impressive old table, which probably served as the main meeting room. Curious to see if there were any floating magic candles hovering over the table, like in her books, she groaned when it only held modern looking lights. At least did the candles would not drip on the guild members. Wind Walker also noted a few paintings that were once hanging in her former family home. Since they moved to a much smaller house in Ponyville, they ended up selling a ton of their old furniture. Many were of old Equestria. Knights in shining armor. Wizards in robes conquering dragons.

After finding a stairwell, the three ponies made their way down into the training room. “Well, while I would like to see you turn ol’ Fastie here until a newt. Let’s just see what you can do.”

Spoiler

OOC: Whoops! Sorry about the delay in posting..It sort of got lost in the sea of new posts..

(I completely understand losing a thread in those feeds. It's happened to me more than once.)

Moonprancer raised an eyebrow at Fast Track's dissapointed noise, giving a huff as she kept going towards the training hall. 

Once there, the unicorn gave a hum as she thought about what to show them. After a few seconds, her horn glowed briefly and a second Moonprancer walked down the stairs. 

"What are you two doing?" The illusion asked from behind the two pegusi, tilting its head at them. 

Fast Track nearly leaped back onto the main floor the moment he heard the illusion. "Gh-", he was not going to have a repeat of last year's Nightmare Night. This was obviously something the unicorns 'magic'ed' up. They would not have a ghost hanging around an former storage depot. They liked to hang around old houses and graveyards. He needed to calm down. Remember his breathing lessons. "Um. Hello.",  he turned to face the magical creation. While it did not look spooky, it still reminded him of a ghost. He still couldn't muster enough courage to speak to the illusion.

"Oh, for the love of." While grateful that her friend had not been frighten enough to repeat his little incident from a few Nightmare Nights ago, he still needed to work on that whole BRAVERY thing. Hardy stallions were not afraid of anything! Wind Walker was no scaredy-foal. She had faced all kinds of nasty creatures during her rather short life on Equestria. Dragons. Changelings. Whatever Discord was. She can handle a magic spell.

The blue filly cleared her throat, "We're just here to watch our new friend show off her magic skills.", she had a sarcastic reply in mind, but decided against annoying a magical guardian thing. Who knows what it could do to a snarky filly.

It took a second for both the ponies to realize they were speaking to Moonprancer's magical double. "Oh. That is really cool.", the filly could only blurt out.
Spoiler

* Erm. Pegasus ponies sometimes need a moment to process mental magic since their magic is mostly physical. I am going with this. :kissy:

Moonprancer couldn't hold back her laughter after Fast's response to her illusion. Wind talking to it like it wasn't a copy of her just made her laugh more, though at least they realized what was going on eventually. 

"Yeah, I've set that spell up to sustain itself, using recycled mana and requiring minimal assistance." She said, not really caring if they understood the explanation. "Might try to add a smell portion at some point. Obviously, I can't add touch for an illusion, but I can get close."

"That's really something.", the colt was beyond impressed, "I heard most unicorn kids our age usually are still trying to master that tele-ka-knee-sis spell, but you're throwing illusions around. Hopefully you'll use your magic for good and not end up like that one unicorn...What was her name?", he glanced over at the filly who had tried her best to give the Moon-Clone an proper 'Boop' on the snout. Being a light illusion, she failed on both tries.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I remember.", Wind Walker turned her attention back to the real Moonprancer and the (hopefully) real Fast Track, "There was an skipping song they used to sing. I think it went like,

'Magic Is Awesome, Magic Is Great!
But only use it wisely or you'll face a terrible fate!
Magic Is Wonderful, Magic is Strong!
Use it for good, not for wrong!
Don't be a fool, don't be like Sunset Shimmer!
Using dark magic will only make your life grimmer!

Fast Track groaned, "That's a terrible skipping song. Who is Sunset Shimmer?"

The blue Pegasus pony shrugged her shoulders, "There was a really cool story Double Time told me during our last little camp-out. ", Wind added, "She was Princess Celestia's star pupil, but she betrayed her teacher's trust and got sucked into a horrible nightmare dimension where she was gobbled up by monsters who used her bones as tooth-picks. Her ghost haunts the darkest dungeons under the Canterlot Castle."

"I'm pretty sure all of her stories are nothing but a bunch of malarkey.", The colt was not a fan of the athletic Pegasus pony's stories, he was however, a very big fan of a certain filly unicorn's magic. If she was using illusions as an opener, she probably had some super-double-awesome spells to show off next. "What else can you show us?", he asked of Moonprancer.

• 2 weeks later...

"Telekinesis? Hah, that's easy. You definitely need better magic than that to get into Celestia's school." Moonprancer said, smiling a bit from her friends' responses to her magic. The talk of Sunset Shimmer made her frown a bit though. She had heard of the mare, of course, though the skipping song was a new one. 

"Well, I heard she did go to some other dimension, though I don't know what happened after that." She said, shaking her head at Wind's story. She hummed slightly as she tried to figure out what else she could show them. The illusion faded away after a few minutes of no additional input, and the real filly trotted over to some targets. Once there, she began firing some simple magic blasts at the targets, with success in the sense of she hit the targets, though mostly on the outside circles. 

• 2 weeks later...

“Story had her going into a horrible prison world where she would be punished to the end of time for being such a bad pony.”, the filly added while she watched the unicorn perform her magic, “Wow, where were you when the Changelings attacked Ponyville?”, she was very impressed in Moonprancer’s magical skills, “We sure could have used a few more guys who can zap those bugs. And even when Bebop and I were being harassed by that dragon. A zap between the eyes would have sent her packing.”

The colt was still not sure his friend was telling the truth, “Are you sure that was a real dragon that tried to put you in a sack last year?”, Fast Track continued to watch the unicorn as she taught those pesky targets a lesson. “And not two ponies in a dragon costume?”

Wind Walker shook her head, “She was real. I had witnesses. There was Mister Rich. Bebop. Some pony who sort of looks like a red dragon....That was probably a costume...And even the Mayor! And we know being a politician, she can never tell a lie.”, the filly frowned as her friend let out a chuckle, “One of these days, Bebop and I are going to get a very big bag of our own and hunt that mean dragon snake thing and see how she likes it. Maybe Moonprancer could help!”

The pair waited to see what new spell their new friend would show off.

Archived