Questionable powers? (Need advice.)

Summer_Squall

A character in my fanfic is going to be learning spells over time, I was wondering if any of you readers, or other writers out there can tell me of any powers that really feel out of place, or that feel overpowered or stupid. It'd help me out because I can see what the populace doesn't like, and work out new powers while dodging common and powergame-like powers.

It isn't the type of magic as so much as the level of power and scope of that magic. What you want to avoid is creating someone that can overwhelm Twilight Sparkle, or take on the alicorns as far as magic goes for the OC (unless it is just some sort of monster/villain and everyone has to team together to beat, like a powerful dragon or an Ursa Major). Time distortion as a magic power in itself isn't an issue, especially if its directly tied to the character's special talent and all their special magic is focused on that. Like I said, just don't make it so powerful where it becomes a deus ex machina or that the character saves the day for the main six.