Official Discussion Thread - S07E15 Triple Threat

tacobob

wqAW6Ue.jpg?1

When Spike accidentally invites Princess Ember and Thorax to Ponyville on the same day, he believes they won't get along and tries to keep them apart. The episode aired Saturday 11:30 AM EST on August 19th!!

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk!

Cute episode.

Spoiler

We've all seen this plot before...Probably on this show before.And every other sitcom or toon.  Geez, lots of traumatized ponies in this episode. Especially poor Derpy.  I do like how Thorax shifted into a rather terrifying bear-thing. If the Changelings all could do that before, the battle at Canterlot would have been much shorter.

Spoiler

At first, I really didn't think I'd like this episode.  Figured this would be just another 'Spike messes up' story, but as I watched, it became more than that.  The ending did surprise me, as well as Spike's 'call' by the Cutie Map.  Not a bad effort, but not a great one either.  This episode was OK.

19 hours ago, Mojo said:
  Hide contents

At first, I really didn't think I'd like this episode.  Figured this would be just another 'Spike messes up' story, but as I watched, it became more than that.  The ending did surprise me, as well as Spike's 'call' by the Cutie Map.  Not a bad effort, but not a great one either.  This episode was OK.

Spoiler

I was more entertained by Ember and Thorax's interactions, along with the Ponyville's reactions to Ember that Spike being a dumb dummy. Especially the bit with the band all dressed in their band uniforms. One gal gets spooked by the dragon and just runs off to the hills. It's a really cute little bit. Now the next episode. I'm looking forward to this one very much. It better be good.

Archived