1. 1. Who is Rainbow Dash's best ship?

• Pinkie Pie
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Fluttershy
    • Applejack
    • Soarin'
    • Gilda
    • Dashie's the type O of shipmates: Universally compatible.
    • Somebody else
    • I can't decide!

I tend to ship Flutterdash, even though Dash often doesn't treat Fluttershy very well. Sadly, Dash often doesn't treat any of her friends very well. She pushes Applejack to unfortunate lengths with her competitiveness, aggression and unsportsponylike conduct, she makes fun of Twilight's bookishness, she has no patience for Pinkie Pie's antics, and doesn't hesitate to call Rarity a laughing stock. Rainbow Dash is a good friend in a tight spot, but she needs to learn more compassion in day-to-day life.

I ship Flutterdash because I believe that Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy have a very strong connection between them, dating back to their time together in Cloudsdale. I may be imagining this due to fanfic I've read (or written - I especially like to write them with this bond), but I think their moments in Sonic Rainboom show it fairly strongly, even if Dash was being needlessly aggressive about the cheerleading. I think Rainbow Dash has a lot of growing up to do before she can be a good fillyfriend for anypony at all, but I think Fluttershy has the patience needed to let her do that growing.

When Dash calls Rarity a laughingstock, I took that as just her being characteristically blunt. Like earlier in the same episode where she's the first to say she's dissatisfied with her dress. I don't think little quips like that approach how she acts toward Twilight, Applejack of Fluttershy. Though really, The Rarity/Dash bond is one of the ones most under explored. All we really see is what we see in Sonic Rainboom, some group scenes and a few other smaller scenes. I think the scene between them in Swarm of the Century is an interesting one to make note of. Dash complains repeatedly about being made to dress up, but it makes me question how Rarity coaxed Dash into dressing up for her in the first place if she was so against it. Really, of all the options, Rarity is the only I kind of feel would be able to maintain some power over Dash in their relationship. That might be part of why I like it.

I also think Dash actually has a fair amount of patience for Pinkie, at least after the first part of Griffon the Brush off; she has a lot more patience for Pinkie than Twilight usually does, at least.

But on the subject of FlutterDash, I just really don't see it. I honestly don't think the connection between them as children was all that great really. Dash races for Fluttershy but shows more concern for winning the race than Fluttershy's safety. Fluttershy on the other hand, after falling to the surface, sings of its wonders and pretty much proclaims that she'd rather stay there than go back Cloudsdale where Dash is. That just doesn't speak to a particularly deep bond as far as I'm concerned. Their interactions in Sonic Rainboom really do nothing to convince me either. Or well, it convinces me that Fluttershy could like Dash, but not so much the other way around. Dash just seems really frustrated by Fluttershy and the fact that she's the only cheerleader she's going to have. She really looks excited and relieved when all her other friends come along.

• 2 weeks later...

DashiePie, definitly. They have a good chemistry in the show, because they're both different, yet have enough in common to hang out with eachother. I also love the idea of Dash being annoyed by Pinkie, but still being in love with her. I just find it really cute. :)

She's also the only one I can really see Dash being with. She gets annoyed by how unassertive Fluttershy is, and we only ever see them together a few times. Rarity and Dash are just too different. Applejack is more of a rival. And she never really talks to Twilight except when it's to make fun of her for being an egghead.

It's odd to see how few votes Applejack got in this poll while on DA there are lot more pictures and fanfictions of AppleDash than other Dash shippings.

Not really. We're not exactly the most popular site here. Heck, none of the choices have even gotten past 10 votes.

Voted Twilight (a while ago).

Not because I ship it (I don't ship except as a joke), but because ddhew drew a really nice pic of the 2 together.

So there.