1. 1. Who is Rainbow Dash's best ship?

• Pinkie Pie
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Fluttershy
    • Applejack
    • Soarin'
    • Gilda
    • Dashie's the type O of shipmates: Universally compatible.
    • Somebody else
    • I can't decide!

Really, there are so many good Dash ships. I like FlutterDash because Dash works well as a Knight in SHining Armor to Fluttershy's Fair Maiden, as seen in Cutie Mark Chronicles. That's the episode that made that ship great, IMO.

• Like 1

Flutterdash, definitely. They're contrasting styles meld perfectly, plus, Rainbow can help Fluttershy break out of her shell while Fluttershy can help Rainbow to not be as drastic as she is, get her to think about things, you know?

Plus, I find them cute together. :kissy:

I'm sure I'll probably be the only vote for it; I think I'm still one of the few people to write a fanfic for it. But, yeah. I cannot vote Rarity hard enough. Those two are perfect together.

I voted Pinkie, that is the traditional favorite, but I know people love FlutterDash. Personally I am not really committed to any one. I think if you want to write a ship story with Dash, it can be with anypony as long as it makes sense, well written, and above all, believable.

Also real fan of Dash and Soarin', because it bucks in the face the idea that Dash has to be a lesbian because of how she looks and acts.

I voted for "Other." I still think that shipping Dash and Big Macintosh would be freaking adorable. I have this whole scene in mind where Dash has to force herself to go to Rarity for beauty tips and advice on stallions. Not to mention what AJ would think of the whole thing...

what in the.... how could you leave Spitfire out????

im sorry miss, i'll have to take your brony card until further notice.

I KNOW. The second I posted it I was like "SPITFIRE. ****." Yeah, I goofed. I was actually thinking of Spitfire when I put Soarin' up there, although I should have had them both anyway. Dash/Spitfire is high on my list of Dash ships. They'd be so smokin' together. They'd actually pair up well.

• Like 1

Yeah. I was gonna ask why there was a straight ship as an option in a thread titled "Dash Slash"... :?

But anyway, I didn't have time earlier to post much, but now that I do, I thought I'd post my thoughts one each ship, so as to explain my reasoning for why I think Rarity/Dash is best.

Pinkie Pie - I like this ship. It can work. Pinkie can be shipped with everypony well enough. The two get along well after Griffon the Brush Off. The only question is how deep the relationship can be or if it would be stable. I'm not entirely sure Dash could put up with Pinkie long terms, unless she turned herself down a notch. Plus, Dash has seen :mad:, something that was clearly disquieting for her and might add a little uneasiness to the mix. And for me, it doesn't help that this pair will forever remind me of a certain fanfic I'd rather not remember reading most of the time.

Twilight - This is probably my second favorite Dash ship. It's just cute. The two contrast each other in a very satisfying way, with Dash's usual confidence and cool standing out next to the socially awkward Twilight. Twilight has the ability to say the right things to keep Dash from becoming too inflated and Dash would be able to push Twilight when she needed to be pushed. This would be perfect if Rarity/Dash wasn't better.

Rarity - This is the best option. Perfect contrast here. Dash is the cool sporty tomboy, Rarity is elegant and feminine. But Rarity is also strong. Just as strong as Dash really. They're both bold , assertive personalities. I think they would keep each other in check perfectly. But unlike Applejack, Rarity's talents are applied in a completely different direction, so things would be less unpleasantly combative. Both are also very self motivated and wouldn't require much out of the other, which is good since both have occasional difficulty keeping completely aware of others. Plus I think they just look good together. And to top it off, they're one of the only two ponies that have to them a key event that is just as unquestionably significant to one as it is to the other. Dash not only helped Rarity recognize a moment of vain ugliness which taught her to be more aware of her actions, but saved her from very near death. While because of Rarity, Dash was able to pull out of her gripping anxiety and achieve a glorious, shining moment.

Fluttershy - I just don't like this pairing at all. Not only Dash's worst, but in my opinion, the single worst match up of any of the mane six. I just don't think they're what the other needs at all. Fluttershy needs somepony who can listen to her and stay on the same page. I just don't see Dash in this role as all. Dragonshy shows that Dash has no patience for Fluttershy's shyness. In Griffon the Brush Off, it's Pinkie who insists they don't prank Fluttershy; Dash doesn't seem to have any problem with it, and she's known Fluttershy a lot longer than Pinkie. Which brings me to Cutie Mark Chronicles. Am I the only one who finds that scene kind of wrong? Dash challenged those bullies to a race for Fluttershy's sake, which might have had some romanticism to it, but she proceeds to then zoom past Fluttershy and inadvertently knock her, a known weak flyer, off a cloud and doesn't even seem to notice? That makes me think that Dash was more concerned with having a race than she ever was with Fluttershy in the first place. Fluttershy seems to like Dash enough. I can sort of see a one-sided thing maybe, but I just don't think it could possibly develop into anything deeper.

Applejack - This kind of works. I just think they might clash a little too much. That's not to say it couldn't work. It could, and it could be really cute. They have a lot of common interests and similar personality traits. A little competition never hurts thing, I just think it might be too much with these two. Certain aspects of the relationship would probably be passionate though. :)

Soarin'/Spitfire - The same pretty much hold for both of these. More really needs to be established on their characters. They seem nice enough from what we've seen though. The celebrity angle is a little worrying. It seems like it might be hard for celebrity admiration to effectively change into real love, and by the same token, it might be hard for Spitfire/Soarin' to see Dash as completely on their level unless she does become a Wonder Bolt or something. I don't know. Too much is speculation here.

Gilda - This wouldn't work too well. Gilda would love Dash more than enough, but she'd be far too possessive. I think it would be hard for Dash to stomach very long. Gilda would probably have to change a lot for Dash to accept her i n the first place, but I'm just not sure it's in Gilda to go quite far enough as Dash needs. That said, I actually do kind of like this pair (mostly because I like Gilda) and wanted to be nicer to it. I just don't think it's the best option for Dash and wanted to be honest.

tl;dr: Basically, Dash compatibility goes like this as far as I'm concerned: :lol: > :geek: > :smirk: > :smug: > Spitfire > Gilda > :eek:

what in the.... how could you leave Spitfire out????

im sorry miss, i'll have to take your brony card until further notice.

I KNOW. The second I posted it I was like "SPITFIRE. ****." Yeah, I goofed. I was actually thinking of Spitfire when I put Soarin' up there, although I should have had them both anyway. Dash/Spitfire is high on my list of Dash ships. They'd be so smokin' together. They'd actually pair up well.

You could have edited it before people started voting. :?

(Fluttershy Voice)

Um....actually....I....well....I think Rainbow Dash and Soarin would make a nice couple....you know....after she joins the Wonder bolts and gets to see that they're really normal Ponies like she is....

Also I'm....uh....not much of a yuri fan....

:eek:Meep

(Oh, I see I'm not the only one who likes this pairing)

Yeah... Including a male option sort of skews this poll in the wrong ways in my opinion... :roll:

It would have been more interesting (and appropriate to the title of the thread) if everypony were forced to pick a female partner for Dash.

Yeah... Including a male option sort of skews this poll in the wrong ways in my opinion... :roll:

It would have been more interesting (and appropriate to the title of the thread) if everypony were forced to pick a female partner for Dash.

Skews it, perhaps, but I don't like the idea of forcing a lesvote. I didn't much like being forced to have to pick a filly for Big Mac. Soarin seems to me like such a wrong fit for Dashie. Just, ew. I CANNOT see her as het. I just can't.

Evidence:

1. Mullet

2. Rainbow

3. Butchy-Femme

She's a living Pride flag, IMO. It surelly bothers some folks for me to say that, but I feel the same way seeing her with Soarin'.

Politics aside, I WANT her to be lesbian, which is really all that matters.

I tend to ship Flutterdash, even though Dash often doesn't treat Fluttershy very well. Sadly, Dash often doesn't treat any of her friends very well. She pushes Applejack to unfortunate lengths with her competitiveness, aggression and unsportsponylike conduct, she makes fun of Twilight's bookishness, she has no patience for Pinkie Pie's antics, and doesn't hesitate to call Rarity a laughing stock. Rainbow Dash is a good friend in a tight spot, but she needs to learn more compassion in day-to-day life.

I ship Flutterdash because I believe that Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy have a very strong connection between them, dating back to their time together in Cloudsdale. I may be imagining this due to fanfic I've read (or written - I especially like to write them with this bond), but I think their moments in Sonic Rainboom show it fairly strongly, even if Dash was being needlessly aggressive about the cheerleading. I think Rainbow Dash has a lot of growing up to do before she can be a good fillyfriend for anypony at all, but I think Fluttershy has the patience needed to let her do that growing.