Age of Colossi (knightofthesun)(semi-closed, PM to join)

Ashton

Midnight hesitated but finally spoke "There were three other foals... well, I say foals, but one was several hundred years old --- apparently reincarnated---... they were actually demon-ponies, raised from hell and bound by old law to Scootaloo to be her friends, its a long story... but their demonic power might have thrown things off" she paused again "more importantly..." she hesitated, clearly this was an important part "The last member of the team..." she was really fighting herself, you could see the strain in her face as she tried to decide the right thing to do "...Was the Ice Queen!" she took a deep breath or two, calming herself down now "Yes, I said the Ice Queen. We kept it quiet because she didn't want anypony to know she was technically working with storm and Luna --- the truth was she came along as a favor to me..." Mid snorted "And she made it back immediately... no world-hopping, no delay, nothing..." there seemed to be just a tiny hint of bitterness in Mid's words, as if she were jelous that the Ice Queen had managed to take a shortcut, while she herself had to take the proverbial long-way-around to get home.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morgan seemed to understand somewhat,aptting her on the back as he would walk with her. "Its alright,lass...but i have a bit of advice te give ye. If ye stay jealous like this,its gonna hurt ye mentally and emotionally...an i dont want ye to be like that in a time like this,when everyones out to git each other." He would stop patting before saying. "As fer yer demon allies,i wouldnt put it past them...demon contracts usually bring bad luck and nothin but trouble...and scootaloo should have forgotten about the demons" He seemed to be a bit dour when he mentioned the demons. It seemed this knight had encountered demons before...and from his tail being missing,one could put two and two together.
"Matilda,could ye put together a little dossier of the ice queen:Relevant info on her such as past cooperation with the other realms as well as basic info on her kingdom...and please donnae talk about it now,i just want to have somethin te read while we take the trip on the prismatic" He would say before looking at midnight. "One more thing...why didnt ye tell luna about it. IS there somethin that could happen to ye if that came to pass?"
As he waited on her,one could notice he seemed to be thinking about something...midnight would probably recognize that look:The look of someone whos gears were turning.

Mid sighed "Officially the ice queen is working exclusively with celestia... but the truth is she's working to undermine her at every step, If word got back to Celestia that the ice queen was working with Luna and Storm... Celestia might get suspicious and shut her out... and it would be my fault... I already damaged our relationship enough by losing her hat, this would probably end it... along with any hopes of defeating celestia without an all-out war...

"...there's one more thing... well... two more things... but I dont know if I can trust you yet..." she said with a sigh "...as important as the ice-queen revelation were... these last two facts are even more dangerous..." she sighed "...but I will say this... if anypony else were more likely to survive... it would be Scootaloo... she has means beyond anything that I or the Ice Queen possess... but the only pony who'd have any hope of finding out where she is... he's probably dead...my mate, Nova" a few tears leaked from mid's eyes again, but she forced the sadness down. Whether she was just trying to put on a brave face and pretend or whether she was really trying to convince herself that nova and the others were still alive was unclear.

The paladin would pat her on the shoulder,sitting down and thinking..before looking to midnight. "Can i tell you something...since you told me something of a secret, I could perhaps tell you. Its less something real and more...odd" He would sigh before saying. "When i was on the ship..i..i had a little-" He was about to talk about his encounter with the "godlilke power"...however,he seemed worried due to it basically stopping time and his heart as well...basically freezing everything else in time except his mind..."Lets say that i..got an unexpected visit by some...presence or force. It seemed to just freeze everything around me and spoke to me about an..alchemist or the like. I donno bout it but some could that..ah met a god perhaps?"

Mid looked suprised, but not shocked, clearly she knew what this meant "You've only been here a day and you've already spoken to Storm... he must have a lot of faith in you... he used to speak to me and Rad... but... Rad's gone, and I've not heard from him since before we left... I think that since I failed he's given up on me and moved on..."

She paused "If storm trusts you... I'll tell you..." she paused a moment to gather he thoughts "Scootaloo is a Fallen - The precursors who fell to this world back in ancient times, their command of technology is so far beyond even what we can comprehend now. They had technology that does not rely on lay, they could travel between stars... they could punch holes in the universe itself... and scootaloo has access to all of that technology... if its small, she has it, if its large she has the schematics of it... and I know she has a slip drive that can punch holes in dimensions and the accompanying shield to protect her from the void... she is the most likely one to have survived, though given she had no time to prepare, I dont know what her odds were... now that I'm thinking about her specifically... probably high... but like I said, despite my mate being a fallen, I have no idea how their technology worked, or even where to find any of it... the only ones left that know anything are Luna - because she and Nova were close and I'm sure she managed to weasel some secrets out of him... and Scootaloo herself, because she's the last of the Fallen"