Uneasy Hearts Neigh the Most (Closed:SteelEagle)

Hippo

3nOYZBB.png

"Hey, wanna go to my place and do some... studying?" Remington swaggered a trot towards his fillyfriend and looked cool doing it. "You know, just a private gig. You and me. Us only. Alone, armed with our text books and pencils." Remington's eyes fell half lid.

"Like, of course, Remmy, I'd love to!!!!" A pink unicorn smooches Remington on his lips and gives him a long hug. Ah yes, this was the life. Having such a close fillyfriend made everything right in the world. Tonight was going to be perfect. Nothing could possibly ruin it.

Spoiler

*WAMMM*

Remington woke from his daydream and he was sitting towards the back of one of Applejack's classes where the students were being taught how to make simple wooden structures. Hammers were nailing down nails, and saws were grinding back and forth. Some of the students were making birdhouses, others opted to choose the clock template. Remington decided he wanted to make a music box, that would trigger a mechanical gadget to play music when it was opened. But he didn't reveal that to anypony just yet. For now he was making a pencil box if anyone had asked him.

Moonlight was next to him, as usual. By now, Remington had become a good friend of Moonlight Glitter's, and she returned in kind to be a loyal classmate. The two got along well with each other, but still had plenty of room to get to know each other. Recently, Remington started imagining what it would be like to commit to a serious relationship in his current social ecosphere. In years past, he always had a few fillies that would be close friends and many would joke with him that he was good with the ladies. But only recently did it really matter. Something about being around fillies was different now. He was different. The fillies were different. Ponies were growing older and changing, and it made things so awkward, and Remington didn't always know how to put his best hoof forward.

He routinely notices lots of upperclass ponies pairing off in and out of classrooms and lounging around campus. Even though he didn't know many of these ponies by name, it was obvious they were dating couples. He wondered what it takes to get to that point, and how much more value you get out of your relationships when you decided to spend that much time with somepony. He was willing to start putting it to the test, but like most young stallions, he had absolutely no clue as to how to engage that kind of stuff. So he would wing it.

Particularly with Moonlight, he saw an opportunity to gain access to her quality time, in order to take the risk that she might also value his. Professor Rarity had been teaching them both in her Generosity class the important of home economics and the ability to train oneself to make things at home as gifts for friends and family. Pretty simple. However, the text book that the class was required to study from had many history lessons on large charities that resulted in a greater good. Remington was never good at remembering dates and names, and fearing he would fail a test or quizzes that involved remembering the details of this literature, he decided to turn to Moonlight for help. She always had a pulse on Rarity's courses. She might be the best student in her class.

He wasn't the kind of young stallion to prey on mares for their agreeability and attractiveness. But he figured if he needed the assistance anyway, he might as well see if the relationship is mutual enough to attempt the next step, whatever that meant, because Celestia knows he doesn't. He turned to Moonlight Glitter who was working on her own wooden project. He lifted his woodshop goggles out of his eyes where his regular glasses remained. "Hey, Moonlight. What are you making?"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Glitterbanner.png

To a hammer, every problem was a nail.
And to an artist stuck inside of shop class, every problem took the shape of design.
She supposed it was only fair that she applied this mindset to her cousin's class. She wasn't entirely sure she bought into Applejack's philosophy and how it related to the course today but there was only so often you could learn about how to be honest. And only so long you could keep the country girl away from a hammer, so this was inevitable. Le sigh. She struggled for an idea to inspire her as she played with the edges of the safety goggles and checked her mane, back legs on the table. Some split ends. Gross! It took a while but she finally had the start of an idea. She wasn't sure it would turn out well and that would kill her a little inside but being lazy killed her all the more.

Besides, she was sure Applejack would like it. She was a mare who liked items that had practical use and Moonlight was being super practical with what she was working on. A lot of ponies thought she was a fool but fact was she was secretly super smart. You had to know her for a bit to learn all that so she didn't hold it against ponies. It took game to recognize game and it took friends to recognize strengths. Luckily, she had a few of those in this school. She was a very forward filly who sought others out and wasn't afraid of wearing her heart on her fetlock. Ponies liked that. And she liked being liked, and she liked liking, and she had some creatures she liked more than others. She liked one creature a whole lot more than the rest.

Remington was a damn good friend that she had known longer than he could know. She didn't think she was gonna tell him anything he might not be prepared for anytime soon because everything was going so well, so why ruin it? He was halfway between a nervous nellie and an excitable racehorse lately and she didn't know why entirely but she also didn't care. He was fun, he cared, he was willing to try things and they found themselves paired off all the time. They worked well together she thought! She was creative and had an eye for detail that was rare for a filly her age. He had a deftness with his hooves and a strong back. She was bubbly, open(ha), and playful. And so was he even if he didn't want to admit it. She was growing close to him, and she thought it was awesome. Plus he was handsome, that never hurt.

Speaking of, he spoke, and it snapped her out of the work she was doing. "Oh, hehe. I'm making a totally rockin' chair! Like, not a rocking chair. Just a normal chair. That is tre perfect," she said proudly as she moved away from it. It was a sturdy four legged chair with an apple insignia on the back. It was being haphazardly done but at least the details would look nice. She wasn't going to sweat the result too much. Too much. Just a little. Speaking of sweat, she took a deep breath and pulled her goggles off, moving a hoof through her mane to reset it just right. "Whatcha makin' over there Remmy?" She asked as she leaned in closer.

• Hearthoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

3nOYZBB.png

Remington wings reacted with a quick flap that revealed his inner excitement, but he folded his front hooves down in covering his wooden masterpiece. "Nothing." Remington strangely uttered. "Um, I mean, its a box. A box of nothing." Remington was so worried about accidentally revealing the true nature of his object that he forgot to respond to an answer to his own questions with mindfulness and kindness. Fortunately for him he was able to keep the blunder to a small immaturity. He looked down at his box and folded the hinged lid on and then off again to show it's basic function. "Maybe I can put my pencils in it or something." Remington looked back up at Moonlight to glance again at her cute face. He chuckled, hoping the practicality of his device was so basic it would be considered humorous.

Remington took a piece of sandpaper and started rubbing down the edges of the box in order to give it a reasonable texture. Every few seconds he would spy in the corner of his eye at Moonlight's fastenings. He couldn't help but notice how she did every little mannerism, the way she flipped the chair she was working on, the way she dipped her brush into the glue jar, even the way she exhaled an emotionless sigh was interesting. Every few minutes, her left ear would twitch involuntarily. What was that about? Do other ponies do that? And if so, why did he never notice until now?

Remington couldn't stand the pressure to wait any longer for the question he wanted to ask her since class started. He flipped his box to the other side that was already sanded properly and started sanding it again just so his hooves were doing something while he talked. He figured acting nonchalantly was the best bet in this situation. "Moonlight. I was wondering if you could help me with Professor Rarity's class. She's probably going to have a pop quiz tomorrow and I just don't get it." Rarity never announced her pop quizzes, but a student could always tell when it was coming because she would use the words 'venturesome' and 'enterprising' when teasing the next day's agenda. Generosity was a first year class required to be completed by all students for continuing the friendship school's track. This year, there were multiple entry classes because of enrollment increases and for the purpose of diversity of the class body, Remington and Moonlight did not share the same classroom for Rarity's lessons. But they shared others. "You're really good at the whole fashion thing, and even though I know there's more to generosity than making dresses, you seem to speak Professor Rarity's language and understand her perspective more. I was wondering if you could help me study the text material from the class." Remington didn't want to come off too needy, so he threw in a way out. "It's not a big deal if you can't, I was just wondering if you had some free time." The last thing Remington said was the truest thing he had said all day.

• Like 1

Glitterbanner.png

A box of nothing?
More like, a box of something.

He wasn't good at playing stuff off naturally while she- well, she knew all about facades. And he couldn't keep one if his life depended on it. She'd let it slide though. As much as she wanted to poke him about his nothing box full of nothing she'd just accept it. After all, it wasn't like she was a pushy mare. She'd allow him to reveal his something box at a something place sometime later, or something. He tried to play it off like he was just making a pencil holder. Sure, sure. A pencil holder. Well, ya know. It was at least a useful idea. Se wasn't sure it was exactly what Applejack was going for...or maybe it was.
Huh.
She smirked and with a glint in her eyes briefly looked at the hard-to-see-because-of-blocking-colt object, then looked back up at the cold. "A pencil holder? Sure. I mean, well, we all need them- right?" She said with a laugh. And then a sigh. Because she had work to do!

She was working on the chair's supports. If she were really craftsy she'd try and make the supports really festive. Decorative. Interesting. But she wasn't quite that good with woodworking so the seat and back would have to do. She sighed a few times in well-hidden frustration but continued her work, doing what she needed to do. Once in a Lunar moon she'd turn to see what he was doing. He seemed to have a firm grasp of his, you know, mighty construction project of some pencil boxes. Sure, sure.
What, did he think she was? Stupid? Pssh.
Not gonna snoop? Whaaaat!

She'd get to the bottom of this entirely pointless mystery at around the same time as she completed this entirely pointless chair.

Around the time her mind ran absentmindedly on how to get him to tell her the world-shattering truth about what he was making, he turned to her and started asking for her help with Miss Rarity. Her class was one of the rougher for a lot of first time students. More so than other professors she was a do as she said not as she did style of teacher and that was hard for others to understand. That and her standards were a bit more exacting. It was all in the name of progress in the art of friendship but she knew why ponies would have trouble. And equally, she understood why they would come to Moonlight for answers. "Oh? Need some help?" She asked coyly before turning around, taking a seat on her mostly finished chair and crossing her rear legs. This was a comfortable chair, for sure! 

"Well, you came to the right filly. Like, I can't speak for others but I'm preeeety sure I'm Professor Rarity's BSF and I totes vibe with her, right? So, like, if you need some help I can totally help you with that!" She said excitedly as she tested the sides of her chair. More work needed to be done. She heard a sound. She didn't the sound. She got off and started inspecting it for a moment before realizing she forgot to give a time. She popped back up. "Sooooo I have...tonight, I think?"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

3nOYZBB.png

Remington fumbled the ability to compose himself, trying to play off his lack of words. "Great! When time can, you come, study help me?" What? And what was a BSF? Remington's mind raced nervously as he wanted to try and impress Moonlight with his usefulness understanding what a casually spoken acronym had meant. 'Bad Sassy Female?' No, that can't be it. Moonlight was testing the sides of her sitting device when Remington couldn't help but watch her cutely justify how she would go about improving her piece. Eventually, he would snap out of it and look at his own work. Does the box close? Yes. But what about opening it, does it open? Good. Wait, could it mean 'Beautiful Sister Filly?' Probably not. He tests the hinges of the box over and over until eventually closing the box produces a small squeak. A malfunction!

Remington stood up from his workbench stool and walked over to the small can of oil the class shared. He brought it to his bench and squirted a few drops of lubricant on the hinge to keep it from squeaking. Maybe it means 'Bottled Soda Fizzy'? Wow Remington, really? You are so dumb. Remington wanted to speak to Moonlight again, but she hadn't yet specified a time frame for helping him, and he hadn't come up with a good idea of what BSF meant. The ultimate impasse. Maybe it meant 'Best Student Forever'. No, no. That's too obvious and easy, it had to be something else.

Fortunately, Moonlight broke the silence and said that she was free tonight, she thought. "Oh good. Yeah tonight would work. After woodworking, I have to head over to the gym to do some P.E." Remington could use acronyms, too. "But then afterwords, We can meet up at my place at my room. My room is in Stygian Hall, second floor. I was never assigned a roommate so we don't have to worry about invading anyone's privacy." It was time to execute the moves that would seal the deal. He had to go for it. He gave an appreciative smile and said, "Haha, thanks so much for helping. I can't wait to have someone's 'Bold Strong Flank' helping me out." Thousands of subconscious ideas of optimism inside of Remington's brain began committing suicide.

• Surprised 1

Glitterbanner.png

Something in Remington's normally astute mind seemed have rewired themselves into foolishness and she wasn't sure just when that happened. Come study help me whaaaa?  She wasn't somepony to say something like this to anypony's face but he needed to get more sleep because he was speaking a little off-kilter. She was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt though. She knew it had to be hard having to lug around that handsome frame of his, beating off all the fillies and chicks with one hoof and having a heck of a time trying to maintain focus. She managed to keep her quizzical feelings to herself as she focused on her work. After all, everything was going great. Her chair was almost done and she had a fun study planned with a good friend. What could go wrong?

She was putting the finishing touches on one side with a carving knife when something did go wrong. As Remington got excited about tonight, she made sure to share some looks ad smiles to let him know she was excited to. But she just had one last little bit to go! As he spoke, he said something that caused her to suffer a brain shutdown. He took her BSF term- Best Student Forever, as Rarity had deemed her- and said Bold Strong Flank.
It was a little embarrassing.
It was super funny.
S
he turned her head to stare at him, a large, cracking smile already spreading when she accidentally sent the carving knife ever so lightly, ever so softly, into her other hoof. And not the good, hard bony part either but her soft little pony peddy.

She dropped the carving knife and put the peddy up to her mouth in a panic, softly groaning in sorrow. She wanted to yell at him and blame him for it. But she also couldn't stop herself from laughing through the pain at bold strong flank. "Haha, yeah. Like, that's me. Bold, strong. And flank," she said as she looked for a towel to wrap her hoof in. "Second floor, Stygian Hall. After class. Cool. Got it," she said as she bit her lip. "Do you need me to bring anything? Besides me, duh," she said, trying to distract from the growing ache in her hoof and panic in her heart. 

• Like 1

3nOYZBB.png

Remington slowly began realizing how wrong he was about the acronym he tried to decrypt. It made Moonlight laugh out loud, so loud that she held her hoof to her mouth in order to not make a scene in the classroom. Unfortunately, he didn't count it as a win. Sure she made her laugh, but he felt he was being laughed at. But he had to shrug it off as she was still engaging in the planning of previously aligned meeting agreements. "Hehe, yeah. That's you! Heh." He noticed that she was biting her upper lip. Was that a sign that she really liked him? A magazine once said so. "Bring anything? Bring anything to what?" Remington paused not knowing why Moonlight was frantically wrapping her hoof in a paper towel that was normally used for cleaning up glue and stain. Failing to pull his attention from his poor choice of words, he tried to focus on her question. But he was so clueless, she could have been doing cartwheels with a monkey on her head and he wouldn't notice. "Oh right, the study thing. Um, no not really. I have everything we need. I'll even have some snacks in case we're hungry. All you need to worry about is bringing yourself so you can help me-"

"Beat it!" Applejack yelled at her students with excitement. She opened the half door violently with a hind hoof. "Hurry up and clean your space and get out of here," she said with joy. "You guys did a good job today, and we'll finish your projects some other time, but we've run out of time and it's time to skidattle. Work ain't worth a ton if you're not allowed to have some fun." Applejack bucked the resident apple tree that shared the classroom space. "And take an apple as you go. No student of mine is going home hungry!" Applejack left the classroom and urged her students to do the same in order to carry on with their day.

Remington jumped at his teachers announcement. He closed his box one last time. "Well, I guess we're done." He grabs an apple off the ground and puts it into his sack which was faithfully sitting on the floor. He picked it up and saddled it around himself. "I hope the gym doesn't wear me out today. I had a rough time last week when they made the winged creatures do a hundred laps around the school bell towers."

• 2 weeks later...

Glitterbanner.png

She was relieved to know she wasn't expected to bring anything to their little study session later. She wasn't poor by any stretch- scratch that, she was pretty well-off- but she didn't really like the idea of having to run around and get herself stocked up when she was having to deal with the most serious injury in the history of ever. She had hurt herself before and was sure she'd hurt herself again but she was half-afraid if she told somepony about the injury that they wouldn't totally buy the circumstances behind it and some sort of weird investigation would be launched in her name. That wouldn't be the worst thing ever she supposed- she wouldn't lie, she liked a bit of drama every once in a while. But it would end poorly, she was sure of it. "Ahh. Ahh. Good, cool. Epic," she said with a smile, still hiding the wound. "Well, I'll meet you then, flycolt," she said with a happy wink, holding her position as he got ready to leave. "Have fun at gym!" She said as she waved off her friend. When out of sight she sidled up to her cousin and allowed a tear or two to fall. "Hey Professor, I have an injury to report and its totally grody!

• Like 1

large.png

Applejack looked back at her cousin Moonlight to see what she was talking about. "You got hurt? Lemme see." The apple professor stopped trotting away and held Moonlight's hoof close to her so she could examine it. "Well, you walked outta class just fine. So it couldn't have been that deep of a cut. Don't worry you'll be fine, just rub some dirt on it. Or don't rub dirt on it, and just get a bandage from the nurses office. I gotta go, Sugarcube, them apples don't sell themselves!" Applejack paused one more time and looked back at her cousin to her one more loving assurance of her livelihood. "You best not be callin' in sick tomorrow on accounta yer minor scratch there, Missy." She chuckled to release the tension as a joke and trotted away.

3nOYZBB.png

Remington found it odd how much in a hurry Moonlight was to leave class. Either she secretly hated her cousin's teachings, or she had a meet up with others. Yeah, Remington, you're not the only one she's friends with. But what's this? Remington looked down around her table as the class emptied out, and something pink and sparkly was hiding underneath it. Remington bent down and grabbed it. It was a hairbrush. "Moonlight, you forgot your brush..." Remington looked up to see if he could catch her before she left within earshot, but she was gone. He looked back down at the brush in his hooves and made the executive decision a hero like him was capable of. "I'll put it in my bag and give it to her tonight. She'll be so impressed that I found it for her."

He had no more time to waste, he left the classroom and galloped towards the gym.

Spoiler

((Remington's interactions in gym class can be found here:))

• Like 1

Glitterbanner.png

Several hours and disappointing reactions later...

Her saddlebag was heavier than she would have expected but truth was she was so nervous about making sure she had the right books that she just ended up picking up any text that even vaguely suited the study session. She winced every once in a while- and that once in a while being when her left hoof touched the ground- on account of her epic, world defining wound she had received in shop class. Her cousin may not have considered it a big deal and the school nurse may not have believed it required her to go the hospital and even Rarity thought she was taking it a little far, but she was wounded. Damaged goods. Damaged goods which required attention, ice cream, and some TLC to get this wounded horse back up and running. Nopony seemed to take this deadly assault against her soft frog as a serious crime against her figure, but she was determined to eventually get everycreature to acknowledge that she was a survivor of a serious injury. Maybe they'd make a banner for her like she had bandaged her hoof, dramatic and well done by the standards of the craft. 

Maybe she'd get the proper attention from Remington? She certainly hoped so. Somepony had to!

She knocked on the door using her good hoof. "Remmmyyyy I'm heeeeeeerrrreeeee!"

• Like 1

3nOYZBB.png

Remington made it back to his room and prepared. Typically he would straighten his room for some orderly sense before studying or writing a paper. If he ever had a buddy come over, he would make sure any unmentionables were stowed away to not be seen. He was a very clean colt, much more so than other colts at the school. Most young students were pretty messy, especially the ones who had relied too much on their parents to do all of their self-maintenance. But tonight the task of preparing for Moonlight's arrival and study session took Remington more time than he would care to confess. His room was immaculate. It wasn't all that impressive though, it wasn't like he had that many things adorning the room in the first place.

8Xf2Q1Z.png

Miracle had been trying to get to sleep earlier in the evenings on account of her never being able to traverse the school hallways without some kind of accident when she had to share it with the morning rush of creatures and ponies. Fortunately, her roommate didn't come until later in the night. But, the unicorn pony was interrupted of her attempt to fall asleep by a pound on her door. After a good single knock and an expressively cute voice cheering Remmy's name, the charcoal-colored unicorn mare opened the door. When she cracked it enough, she saw Moonlight smiling, her pink pelt reflecting the sequence from her tail. Miracle was unimpressed. "What? Who's Remmy? Oh, you mean Remington? He's the next door down. And...   please be quiet." The unicorn held a grumpy tone and facial expression as her horn lit up and slowly closed the door, and losing sight of Moonlight.

Glitterbanner.png

It wasn't a handsome pegasus colt from Manehattan who opened the door but rather a moody looking unicorn with the attitude to match. Who was she? Why was she in Remington's room? She quickly ran down the qualities of friendship that she had in opposition to this filly. Bubbly personality? Beautiful body? Happy to see you interactions? Her mane was prettier too. It would be really awful if they got drawn into a comparison because it was really one-sided and why was she even here in the first place? Remington roomed alone, right? Moonlight felt herself straightening up subconsciously and was ready to start asking questions when the filly mentioned it was the wrong room. Moonlight felt immediately bad. "Oh! I'm so, so, soooo sorry-" she began before the door closed slowly, Moonlight moving her face to look through the increasing slits of darkness until the door was firmly shut. 

Moonlight sighed in embarrassment. "Well, luckily nopony saw that. Who was that though?" She asked aloud as she trotted to the next door. She shrugged. She'd meet that filly again, she knew that. Maybe it would be a cutie map mission: Make the goth filly (or whatever) see the light of friendship. By what though? Maybe she secretly liked pop music but she had totally uncool goth friends who were all about alternative music and created their own paradoxical clique of conformism. Or maybe none of that would happen. She knocked on the door in a pattern: Knock-knock-knock-knock-knock, knock-knock! "Remington, I'm heeeerreeeeee!" She said, though not nearly as loudly.

• Like 1

Remington's mind raced back and forth to match his pacing in his room. Instead of using this time to study before Moonlight arrived, he spent it worrying about how the night would go. He could feel her presence drawing nearer and nearer as the clock continued to roll. He double checked, triple checked, and quadruple checked everything in his room to make sure it looked clean and orderly. He changed his mind six times on whether or not to have a picture of his parents on display on his dresser, finishing with keeping it up. He thought about playing music on the turntable but he didn't want to presume the mood. Any trash that could not be gotten rid of properly was thrown in the closet. He stood over to the mirror a few times checking his mane to make sure there were no ugly knots or flakes of scalp, and he wiped his glasses clean three times before becoming satisfied with the amount of glint his frames stubbornly appropriated. He breathed out a sigh.

Suddenly, he heard a knock on a door, but it wasn't his door. It sounded like it was coming from Miracle's room. Remington didn't know Miracle all that well. He only saw her on the one occasion he was playing music too loudly in his room, and she came by to kindly ask him to stop. Oh, sandbags, he thought. He forgot to tell her which room it was. The doors weren't marked all that well, and so it wasn't Moonlight's fault that she knocked on the wrong one. He hesitated to run out to the hallway to tell her, but Miracle had already gotten a chance to meet Moonlight and tell her the good news. Remington winced as the door was heard closed and Moonlight's hoof steps came approaching his door. Seven softer knocks hit his door, and he ran to the door as if he was ill-prepared.

He started opening the door. "Hey! Moon-" His voice was interrupted by the sudden limits of the door, only opening a crack. "Oh hang on." Remington closed the door and unfastened the four extra slide lock mechanisms on it. Why did the door need that many locks, and why didn't he undo them before she came? He opened the door again, and saved his embarrassment for later. "Moonlight! I'm so glad you're here!" Remington could be seen in his current outfit, which was grey-colored fleece pajamas with moon crescents on them. He didn't normally wear his pajamas unless it was particularly drafty in the dorms, but he wanted to be extra comfortable tonight, for mysterious reasons. "Sorry, I forgot to tell you which door. Come on in."

Spoiler

cSy5s3L.png

9ZKKXOA.png

Remington made way for Moonlight to enter and then he looked out of his room and down each direction of the hallway to see if anyone had seen her come, but no one seemed to be there. He closed the door. "Make yourself at home, or at dormitory. Even I can't make this place like home, heh heh. You can use the second bed if you'd like to recline, otherwise there's two chairs." Remington realized this was an opportune moment where he could show her a little slice of Remington, parts of him that she may have never seen before. "Oh so, I don't know what your hall's rooms are like, I have a deep closet for storage, a desk big enough for everything I need it for. Here's my turntable where I like to play my favorite music." Remington began to fidget, not sure where to end the tour, there wasn't that much to the room. A picture frame of his parents, a giant poster of Princess Luna overlooking his bed, a mirror for self-maintenance. Everything else was standard dorm room furniture.

Glitterbanner.png

Mooonlight looked around as if she were taking a tour of some sort of carnival ride or other playful area, full of toys and gifts and things for her to touch and enjoy. She had never been up to his room before. Heck, she had never been to this wing of the dorms before. It was almost as if she was trespassing somewhere special, even though she had been invited. This veneer of naughtiness only emboldened her to impishly leaf through visually all the nooks and crannies that made up his dorm room. She had been to a few dorms of her fiends and each time it was fun to poke around and see what they kept hidden from anypony but their dorm-mate and themselves. And in this case he had no dorm-mate, so it was extra awesome to see what was hiding in the darkened corners of his room.

"I'm jazzed to be here. I did run into, like, your neighbor. She seems nice," she said sarcastically before she allowed him to start his tour. After all, half the fun of having somepony over was being super embarrassed about showing off your room. There was a bed that was not in use and she wasn't going to let it go to misuse or disuse. She also had a deep storage closet but for the most part it was taken up by her clothes. Arranged by outfits and seasons as it should be. A quick poke through his closet? He needed an interior organizer, stat. She used her desk mostly for work, her diary, drawing designs and other tomfoolery. And that turntable? Well she didn't have one of those. Let alone an acoustic guitar. She didn't know he plucked some strings- she wan't about to say play guitar, because, ya know, not many ponies could claim to play it, not just make noise.

"Oooh, a guitar," she said as she grabbed it in her magic, giggling. "Fancy yourself a famous guitarist sweetie?" She said with a giggle, before leaving it back where she found it. "Nice room. Like, not too extravagant and I mean your Princess Luna poster is just blegh," she said with a wink. She walked over to the second chair and sat on it, hooves up on the desk- not his, but the desk opposite. What, was she going to be rude? "So, how did gym go? Fly around a few dozen times?" She said as she tapped her bandaged hoof on the desk.

• Like 1

9ZKKXOA.png

As Moonlight explored his room, he was nervous about what she would find. It seemed like she was looking for something in particular. Sweat started beading down his brow when Moonlight glanced at different corners of his room. Was there too much dust? Was she checking for spider webs? Why is this so nerve-wrecking. "Oh yeah, Miracle. Yeah she's a hoot." Remington returned the tone to his friend. When she picked up his guitar he wondered if she was going to play something, but instead teased him about a possible music profession he had aspired. "Oh, um, yeah I dabble. I'm actually not that good though, I'm just trying to learn." He hoped she didn't ask him to play anything, because after six months of casual strumming and musing, he hadn't even mastered songs with two chords. Then she commented on his Princess Luna poster. He hadn't thought it odd but now that she mentioned it, he wondered if it was a bit much. He failed to see her words as plain teasing though. He smiled, but died a little inside. "You don't like Princess Luna?"

When she asked about gym, she sat on his non-roommate's desk chair. He immediately noticed her hoof wrapped up. "No flying today, we played this new game no one understood except this one guy who was basically a professional. Hey, is that like a new hoof style or," Remington approached her realizing how she was favoring her hoof. "Are you hurt?"

Glitterbanner.png

Watching him downplay his musical talents, which was all well and good and probably truthful, was also pretty charming. Most ponies would murder for a chance to brag. But he knew she'd call his bluff and besides, unusually flattering pajamas or not, he wasn't putting on all the moves. There wasn't even a single set of candles or a record playing. At least not yet. "Oh, okay. Not a biggie. I don't play any instruments myself. So cool that you're trying though. Like, imagine you in a band? Like, Remington and the Pajama Ponies. Has a nice ring to it, right?" she said as she teased back. She could do this all night. She knew she had the stamina. Did he?

She giggled at his distraught response to her Luna comment, as much as he tried to hide it. Oh, she knew that he liked Luna a lot but lets be real, she was totally the beta sister in that familia. Heck, with Twilight ruling things Luna was, like, even lower somehow! Plus, Moony was a sunshine filly. A few rays near thebeach were best caught in the reflection of sunlight. Let the moonlight be reserved for more intimate moments. "Oh, I like her well enough. I mean, she is a Princess and all, right? Her mane is soooo gorgeous like, oh my Celestia. But I'm a sun filly, so Luna's more like, a cool ruler more than an awesome one, right?" She said as she started to undo the poster with her magic. "No its blegh because its crooked," she said as she rearranged it properly and then put the tacks back in.

"See? Heroine in the flesh, everypony," she said as she admired her magical aura a little, twisting on the seat to get a better vantage point. It was then that he commented on her hoof.

Oh, he finally noticed. She'd be lying if she said a small part of her hadn't stretched herself out so he'd take notice of her wounded hoof. It hadn't been the foremost thought on her mind either, but who was she to look a gift colt in the mouth? "Oh, this?" She asked with practiced indifference before looking at it and sighing as she got up, walking around while showing it off, "It happened in shop class today. Like, when we were talking. I accidentally stabbed myself in the hoof, like, totally in the soft part. It still hurts. Totally. Lame," she whined at the end as she fell dramatically on the unclaimed bed. "I'll never be a hoof model at this rate, like, for reals. Le sigh!" She said as stretched out dramatically, one foreleg draped over her head.

• Like 1

9ZKKXOA.png

"Heh, yeah. Right." Remington laughed at the band suggestion, knowing full well that Moonlight was slighting his ability to play music. She called his bluff pretty easily. This was fine, though. It didn't bother Remington, but maybe one day he'll write a song and serenade it over Moonlight under the moon's light. Who would be laughing then? However, it was now that Remington realized how overdressed he felt. He didn't normally wear pajamas unless it was cold, but he wanted to be extra comfortable with a guest in his room. But she wasn't wearing anything, not even her uniform, and it made Remington feel like maybe he overdid it. But he couldn't just undress, that would be even weirder! For now, Remington just settled on not worrying about it, and wearing proudly the soft nightwear that had several moon crescents all over.

Speaking of moons, Moonlight seemed pretty opinionated on her discounting of Princess Luna. Remington tried everything within him to withhold his desire for lecture. Princess Luna was everything to him. She was his main inspiration, the reason why he goes to sleep and the reason he wakes up. Without Luna's influence on his life, he would have never come to Ponyville. He owed tonight's chance to gain favor with this special pink mare to the Princess of the Night. He saw Moonlight use her magic to take off the poster, but she was just repositioning it. Remington exhaled a concentrated sigh. How was this possible? Her name is Moonlight, for crying out loud! Let it go, Remington, let it go. He figured there would be time later for him to illustrate to Moonlight the importance of such a alicorn princess in their lives, but tonight was not the night.

Remington showed concern over her hoof, but he took notice that she dramatized her own woes regarding her injury. His eyes fell half lid as his amusement over her fainting on the spare bed was lacking. "You know if you need more room to elevate your poor hoof, you can just lay in my imaginary roommate's bed all night while we study. I'm sure he wont mind." Then he remembered. "Oh, shop class!" He went to his bag next to his desk and pulled out a hair brush. "Is this yours?"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Glitterbanner.png

She had to stifle a giggle as he rolled his eyes. Oh, he was totally onto her silliness but she would never come out and say it. She wanted the attention and he would give it to her, one way or another. "Oh, I'll manage. If I want to save it I have to be totally careful," she said with faux seriousness as she got up and started walking over to him tail swaying behind her. "Like, moving around sometimes, keeping the blood flowing or something like that. Ya know, circulation and all that jazz," she said as she moved it around, ending with her hoof blasting away her mane behind her ears. It was all about making yourself feel good and look good and attention accomplished both.

She sat down on his bed this time, crossing her back legs as she stretched and got comfortable. It was a little bit of a test, being this familiar. She just wanted to see how he'd react, like when you played with a local stray cat who you got friendly with so you started buying new toys just to see how it would take to them. Truth was, you didn't buy those toys for the cat, you bought them for yourself. Oh, speaking of buying things for herself, he found what she could only assume was her manebrush. Her eyes lit up. "Oh! Yes. Yes it is," she said as she caught it in her magic and started to life it over to her, starting to brush her mane out of habit. Awesome! This day was going great.

But she wasn't here just to hang out, though hang out she was doing. She wasn't here just to play with Remington and enjoy his company, though playing with him she certainly was doing. They were here to work together and help him understand...friendship and stuff, or whatever it was that was o his mind. And she was the best in the world at friendship stuff, or whatever else might be on his mind. "Thank you sweetstuff! Such a nice stallion you are. So, like, what do you want to study first?" She asked as she turned about to lay on her stomach facing his desk.

• Like 1

9ZKKXOA.png

Remington watched as Moonlight playfully moved around the room and ended on his bed, sprawling herself out as if she owned it. She took the hairbrush from him and immediately began brushing. He pointed a smirk away from her. He couldn't believe this girl that he liked was now laying on his bed making herself at home with him. He knew he would be beside himself, but he hadn't expected to what degree. When she asked if he wanted to study first, he wasn't sure if she had made reservations on what they would do after they studied, but it reminded him that he wanted to express to her his feelings, and he felt it was necessary before they got too deep into the books.

But first, he wanted to share something with her. "Before we start studying, I want you to listen to something." Remington was all about Moonlight. He had seen enough of her to love being around her, but it was natural assumption that if she returned the same feelings that maybe she would want to know more about him. And to him, a good way to learn about who he is is to know what he likes. And Remington liked music, like a lot of ponies. Remington pulled out the bottom drawer of his dresser and inside it were several record sleeves that contained records from various styles of music. There were albums he had from bands such as Underoats, Lead Airship, The Grateful Fed, Preedence Purewater Deprival, and The Beagles. Some were old music his father could have liked. But others were newer, such as the one he pulled out. The record sleeve had the name Prance Gavin Prance on it, and had a picture of five ponies who were apparently what made up this musical group. "Have you ever heard of Prance Gavin Prance?" The answer was usually no. No one had ever heard of them, but that was the point. He loved introducing this band to others, because he always felt they were underappreciated for how good their style and tone was. And if the pony he shared the music with didn't happen to like it, then they might just have a differing opinion and Remington could respect that. Or, it could be his crush who would end up breaking his heart because she didn't seem to like his taste of music, and he would get over it shortly after burning his entire stash of records.

p4cSJ77.png

Remington pulled the record disc out and placed it on the turntable on his dresser. He raised the needle and turned the volume to an appropriate level to listen to the song. "This is my favorite band. I think of their music every time I think of my life. Tell me what you think." As the song played, Remington could not help but mouth the lyrics with the playback. He swayed with the cadence of the song and lip-synced the first few lines of the song. When the lyrics picked up intensity with screaming, Remington shook his head around musically, eyeing Moonlight's reaction to see if she was jarred in a pleasant way by the duality of the vocals.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Sometimes ain't nothing what it seems
Feel like we're living in a dream
And nothing's ever guaranteed, Ooh...

They say they have the answers
We say they're full of shit
They got lots of pretty fan mares
Rather be celibate
Keep all your precious banter
We're chasing hella rich
They do it for the front page
Us, for the Heck of it

I've eaten thousands of my words like bees
Then ignored stinging sensation
And enjoyed the feast
With arms wide open and you're takin' me high
If its technically creed I won't stop you

River, you look so far from way up
Down below they live for a tunnel
We're compelled to follow

Tunnel Vision
Stuntin' on mountains
Tunnel vision
So stuck trying to blow it up
Forgot you know how to climb

Tryin' to blow it up
Tryin' to blow it up
Tryin' to blow it up
Tryin' to blow it up
Dress, text, breakfast
Rhino died, got new t-rex
Gratitude from battle wounds
We're not dead but we could be soon
Soon soon soon

Sometimes ain't nothing what it seems
Feel like we're living in a dream
And nothing's ever guaranteed, Ooh...
We'll likely end up on our knees
Best thing we did was evergreen
We'll never find out what it means, Oh...

They're gonna try to turn you into a bastard
On your way to financial bliss
In the hooves of the impotent masters
Come inside the bottomless pit

They say they have the answers
We say they're full of shit
They got lots of pretty fan mare
Rather be celibate
Keep all your precious banter
We're chasing hella rich
They do it for the front page
Just for the heck of it

River, you look so far from way up
Down below they live for a tunnel we're compelled to follow
Tunnel Vision
Stuntin' on mountains
Tunnel vision
So stuck trying to blow it up

Tryin' to blow it up
Tryin' to blow it up
Tryin' to blow it up
Tryin' to blow it up
Dress, text, breakfast
Rhino died, got new t-rex
Gratitude from battle wounds
We're not dead but we could be soon

Forgot you know
Forgot you know
Forgot you know
Forgot you know

• 2 weeks later...

Glitterbanner.png

Oh, he wanted to show her something? Cool. She was more than a little interested in how he passed his time in his dorm room, all alone and with nothing to do. She didn't have that luxury. She was so busy all the time with all of her little activities. She was working with Rarity in the Fashion Club and kick-starting her new modeling career. New, since Gilded Lilly would look just a bit too different to continue that supermodel career. And while Rarity was certainly a help in that regard, Moonlight was having to really start off fresh in the eyes of the industry. Then there was cheerleading, flirting, and other activities which she found herself drawn to. But Remmy? Ooh, she didn't know how he spent his time.

"No, can't say I have!" She said cheerily as he found a record and started to set it up. A quick gander to his music tastes- kinda oldies for the most part. She was a pop fan herself. Countess Coloratura, Sapphire Shores, Songbird Serenade- she had all of their records. She appreciated some classical stuff as well- Rara's foray into it was a nice breath of creative fresh air even if she did prefer the Countess- but she was a pop fan through and through. And through it all, she had to say that she had never heard of Prance Gavin Prance. "They sound like a dance band. Do I need to, like, stand up and get my groove on?" She said with a wink before he started up his song.

She liked rock well enough, though she wasn't the mare who would call herself a fan of any specific rock band. The lead singer had a decent enough voice and the music was good, well and fine. "It's pretty good so far," she said, moments before the screaming began. She didn't much like that part. It was harder to understand what he was saying when he did so. It did create an interesting duality between the normal melodic singing in line with the music and the more jarring notes and she figured that was on purpose. Which was good and all, but she didn't really like that part. The lyrics were good, she guessed. Like the tone of the song it bounced around and created a duality that messed with the messaging. Individual lines were good though. It was a good song, even if it wasn't entirely her jam.

Remington did seem to love it, however. She could tell. He swayed, he lipsynced, he even did a little headbanging and that elicited a giggle from Moonlight. "Yeah, you shake it!" She said with a wide smile. He was super into it. She wouldn't make him feel letdown. She kept her face and body peppy as she listened, her tail gently flicking from side to side and bobbing her head during the chorus. When it ended she got up off the bed, her chest thoroughly fluffed (due to the static electricity of the bed). "That was pretty good. Prance Gavin Prance, right?" She said as she took a seat next to where they were gonna be studying. "Next time, I'll bring my music. Now that'll be a party!"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

9ZKKXOA.png

Remington blushed with slight embarrassment at his display of affection. It could be a cover for him just liking the music, which was all too true. He loved that record. But the thrill of his little performance was more of an ability to psych himself for how he felt about the mare in his room, even if the lyrics were subject to ambiguous interpretations. He saw and heard Moonlight giggle, and as the song ended and she scooted herself towards the desk, he realized she wanted to get down to business. But Remington wasn't done with the pleasantries just yet. He hesitated a moment, but then quickly took the needle off the turntable to keep the music from playing the next song. "Um, Moonlight?"

Remington stood in front of Moonlight who was patiently waiting for him to sharpen his pencil. He swallowed excess saliva in his mouth nervously. "There is something I need to tell you." He looked down as if the words he wanted to say were written on the floor. "I..."

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Remington swung his head around and jumped to the door. He was mildly furious at the timing. He opened the door quickly. "Yes, what?" Standing there was the school's mail carrier, who was responsible for delivering letters and packages to students and teachers.

"Uh, is this Remington, 206?"

"Yes."

"I have a package for you," he looked carefully at the card. "From a Mrs. Your Mom?"

"Yes, yes. Thank you." Remington took the package and closed the door, somewhat rudely. He set the package down and looked to Moonlight with a smile. He inhaled to continue what he was saying, but another pair of knocks echoed behind him.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

He winced and went to the door and opened it. "Um, sorry. But this is also supposed to be delivered here. It's the belongings to a new student who will be rooming with you starting tonight." The carrier helped himself into the dorm room and dumped a large unmarked brown sack onto the second bed. Once the bag was secured on the bed, he saluted Moonlight. "Miss." He then walked towards the door and closed it behind him, somewhat rudely.

Remington just stood there waiting for the delivery to be made. He could have been thinking about how all the sudden he has a roommate now, but instead just wanted the carrier to leave so he could talk to Moonlight in private. Once he left, he sighed. He looked back to Moonlight. "Sorry about that, I guess I have a roommate now. Anyway, where was I?"

He took a deep breath. "Moonlight. I really like you. Like, really really like you. We've gotten along so well with each other, and the more time I spend with you, the more I realize that I might think of you more than just a friend. I could never have expected that somepony like you would even care to spend any amount of time with me. You've made me feel really special. And for that, I thank you. I don't ever want anything to be between us." Remington paused. He wasn't sure how far to go with this. He was too cowardly for the moment to lean in to any specifics, but he just wanted her to know how he felt. This was how he felt openly. There might have been more secretive things he thought about, but for the moment this was what he was willing to share. Remington's lips quivered with the fear of having nothing else to say, combined with the trepidation of wondering how she would respond to how bold the things he just said was. He finished with a, "And... that's it. Let's study." He sat down onto his desk chair.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Glitterbanner.png

All of the silliness and frivolity that marked their gentle mannerisms this night were the efforts to tiptap around the unspoken between them. A little less unspoken on her behalf but she couldn't really tell what it was she was doing. There was a part of her that was nervous, a part of her that was stupefied, a small part of her was terrified, and every part of her was on a razor's edge of unbridled excitement at the mere prospect of being around him. When he pulled back a little and said he had something to share, her heart skipped a beat. "Oh?" She asked breathily, excitedly, her tail straightened for just a second as her romantic heart started hammering against her soft chest. How she desperately wanted the next few seconds to pass.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

The first time it happened it was kind of funny. The romantic tension that was sending jolts of energy down her spine was momentarily suspended by a gift from Remington's mother. She had always been a nice mare who had treated Remington's polite friend well enough to earn herself a memory or two. And who couldn't love Remington? Everycreature should. Maybe not as much as Moonlight wanted to, but still. She let out a quick laugh as he tried to speak again, his mother's gift down and door quickly shut on the kindly delivery pony who didn't know he was walking into a minefield of adolescent emotion.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

The second time was less funny, if mostly because she was really anxious to hear him say what was on his mind and in his heart. And all of these distractions threatened to steal that sweet refrain from reaching her. And who was this mysterious roommate, hmm? Thinking he or she- probably she- could swoop in and steal this moment from Moonlight? No, not again. Not here. Nope, that wasn't happening, not if she had anything to say about it. She'd use her magic and turn that roommate into a stinky little frog if she didn't step on out of this! She just wanted to hear Remington for the love of Sparkle!

And them, finally and with no or distractions. He started to speak. It wasn't long and it wasn't as romantic as her bursting heart would have desired but it was as romantic as she could have hoped for at that time. In that it had no romance and he seemed nervous and not sure what to say, which only ever made it cuter and more clear what he was saying. After he fumbled and mumbled not at all and didn't jumble or juxtapose even once, with nary a stolen conjugation or verbiage misuse and rather just the plain words of a colt who was in love but couldn't quite say it, she smiled. She smiled and stepped in closer invading every inch of his personal space as she stood chest to chest with him, her head leaned back slightly to give him the room that she would steal a second later with a good, long kiss on the lips. After that was done she pulled back. "Well, I like, like like you too, sweetie. And we can study...if you want..." she said with lidded eyes, her tail playfully flitting about like a cat does when around prey. They could study just about anything he wanted, and she had a few ideas of her own...

• Hearthoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

9ZKKXOA.png

Remington was smart enough to know that his own imaginations of how his life's firsts would play were seldom realized in the picture perfect daydream he envisioned them in. Moments like his first day of school, or his first bite of an exotic fruit, or his first gold medal for winning for Manehatten in the Equestrian Games in pogo-sticking. They were all pretty storybook-esque in detail, and even more far-fetched. But even he was surprised at how suddenly unexpected and pleasant his first kiss was.

It never occurred to him that Moonlight would use her spontaneity to plant Remington's first kiss onto him in this moment. But he couldn't think of a good enough excuse for her not to. The kiss was warm and perfect, almost like it was ready and waiting all evening for its moment to shine. The seconds after Remington was kissed, he jolted back in astonishment, but kept his composure to illustrate his appreciation for the affection. He smiled and blushed ferociously, jotting his eyes around for a desperate attempt at his attention and energy to naturally lead to something else.

He looked back at the package on the floor. "Yeah, we should study." Remington did not read Moonlight's flirtatious suggestions well, but he had his own ideas as to how he would present to her more proof of his love for her. "But first, let me see what my Mom sent me." Remington picked the box up and placed it on the desk. He fidgeted a little with the box's seal, and then ripped it up in order to fold the box open. Inside the box, were several snacks and treats. There was an assortment of sodas in different flavors, cookies, candy, and a few magazines. "Alright, she brought me snacks!" He looked up at Moonlight who was waiting for some kind of cue. "I'll share them with you and we can eat them while we study. Which flavor soda do you want? There's grape, cherry, lemon-lime."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Glitterbanner.png

She had to admit that her first instinct after being wildly flirted with was not necessarily to worry about the snacks mom had sent her. Then again, her mom didn’t send her very many things and Remington’s mom was really very sweet. Still, she was revved up like a Wonderbolt before a derby and to have her advances missed or ignored only salted her when she needed some good sweetening. Alas, the cruelest part of going through puberty twice was that she knew in the back of her mind it was a good thing that Remington was either oblivious or playing so, because otherwise they would have gotten themselves into a lot of trouble very quickly. Very delightful fun mind you, fun she’d like to have, but like a bowl of chocolate candy in a white dress on a hot summer’s day it was going to be messy and regrettable rather quickly.

The options didn’t do much to intrigue her even if the colt who was offering them was. Nonetheless, she would table her frustrations like a proper mare and allow herself the indulgence of his company, which was enough to make her heart twist and ache and pound and scream with excitement anyway. Not a bad fallback option, and not one she would shake an ungrateful hoof at either.

She laid back down on the bed, tail still swirling about with dangerous energy as she pondered. “Hmm...I’ll take…” she said as her horn lit up. Slowly the cherry soda started to levitate out of the box and shakily make its way towards her. She kept her concentration on the soda all the way. Her magic was still weak, unfocused and she wasn’t about to take chances. Finally it was near her, then she gingerly grabbed it with her hoof. “This one!” She said with a wink as she opened it and had a wink. Soda was a rare luxury for a filly concerned with her figure. She’d have to do some extra early morning workouts. Did Remington’s room have enough space for her stretches?

She wondered while she started to drink it just what was in store for the rest of the night. Frankly, she was going to have a very hard time trying to push these revelations out of her mind when there was so much to talk and do now. But if he wanted them to focus their energies on work she’d try her best to remain as professionally professional and friend-friendly as she could even though her mind was anywhere but. Not that the box hadn’t piqued her interest. Just what magazines were sent to him? Comic? Sci-Fi? Projector Shows? Games? Something a little more...risque? Nah, no way. These were from his mom after all!

“Totally tasty. So, your mom sends you magazines?” She leaned in, trying to get a look. “Anything good? I’m feeling totally grody waiting for the next issue of Mare Care Monthly. Or, like, is it geeky stuff? I bet it’s geeky stuff, isn’t it?”

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

9ZKKXOA.png

It was indeed geeky stuff. Though it wouldn't be a big deal for Moonlight to witness just how far down the path of comic book fandom Remington had gone, it was likely in his best interest to keep it to himself considering how well this evening had gone. Moonlight would find out in time what his primary interests were, but him explaining the detailed fantasy and lore of his favorite magical girl action comic book stories would have to wait another night.

Remington kept the books and magazines out of sight as if he was embarrassed by them, but he honestly just wanted the momentum of this personal night between them to stay focused. "It's uh, it's nothing. Listen, let's just get cracking then on the studying." Remington put the box away, took a drink of his grape-flavored soda, and opened his book to the page he would need to study on. He shifted through a few notes and started detailing his task. "So we're on chapter thirteen which is all about customer service in retail, but the lectures are really about how to treat people when dealing with priced goods. It kind of makes sense, but the complexity of making a deal while being generous is something the professor would always stress and I just never made the right connections." Remington began reading. "Like right here it says the customer is always right. Does that mean that if I'm talking to someone I need to be generous to, that they are always right? What if they are wrong? What if I don't think they deserve being generous to?"

Remington was facing his book, eyes darting around the text to look for clues to help his confusion, with not much success. A few seconds later, Remington noticed the typical perky responses from his new girlfriend were not happening. "Moonlight?" Remington looked towards the bed where Moonlight was lying and noticed that she had lost consciousness, the rest of her cherry soda staining the floor by the bed. Remington stood up shocked and jumped to her side. She looked peaceful. "Moonlight, can you hear me?" She wasn't responsive, and Remington was confused as to why. But she had just taken a huge swig of the soda she grabbed. Remington started going through his mother's gift box and pulled out the letter he neglected to read. It read:

'Hey Kiddo, I hope everything is going well at school. Here are some comics that came in the mail and some snacks. The red soda has a minor sedative in case your narcolepsy is causing you to have sleepless nights. Love you! XOXO'

Remington turned white. His girlfriend of five minutes was just inadvertently drugged by his mother in his dorm room. A short amount of panic started to make it's way into his mind, but he slowly calmed down when he realized that cooler heads would prevail here. Moonlight would probably only be out for an hour or two, maybe longer if she is a real lightweight. Until then, Remington would need to make sure she is breathing properly and that no one sees her like this as suspects something worse.

He grabbed a spare blanket from, his closet and covered Moonlight on the bed with it, making sure she doesn't get too cold. "I guess we'll just hang out then." He smiled, still having to deal with the reality of the situation. He sat back down at his desk and started looking at his book, but after a few moments got bored.

The room was quiet, Moonlight's graceful snoring filling the room with the only ambient noise. But Remington decided to break the silence. "Let's listen to some more music." He suggested to his sleeping companion. Remington pulled out a record with the name 'Afterburner' by Prance Gavin Prance and set it up on the turntable. Once the machine was rolling, the music started. He turned it down so that it would not be too loud for his neighbors. As it played, Remington smiled at Moonlight. He admitted to himself she was adorable in his bed. "When you get up, Moonlight, we'll continue our studying." He stared for a few more seconds at her, then started meditating on the music, bobbing his head slightly to the beat.

Spoiler

Do you crave a greater reason to exist?
Have you always known that symmetry is bliss?
We know you see the pattern
Lay in your lap, think of your path
Philosophy don't bother me, come back when you're trash
You are welcome here, but you must come alone
You know everything is everywhere is home
Do you see it?

Prisoner, prisoner, we found you
We feel you breathing
Are you there? Can you hear us calling you?
We'll never judge you

Run out of battery, learn how to patronize
You gotta obtain, sustain, that guy
No time to make a deal today
We just push that other guy outta the way

Nothing's in a vacuum, space-time has no value
We're all connected on this wave

Prisoner, prisoner, we found you
We feel you breathing
Are you there? Can you hear us calling you?
We'll never judge you

They spoke with potent pain
To all that's broken, to tears in rain
But every side was the same
No coin to flip

Give yourself a medal, you just met the devil
You're the last in the world to find another false god
Give yourself a medal for dancing with the devil
You're the last in the world, come back down to crippling doubt

Well, Billy backs abortion and eye cream
Smokes a pack of rich hay bails and bucks on an island
Well, smooth as oscillation of sine waves