Daddy Daughter Day [Crystal Empire] Attn: BlueBlood

Skycoaster

Shining Armor chuckled, ruffling Flurry's mane in a comforting gesture as she worked through the likely situation she'd find herself in as 'ruler.'  "Don't worry about it; I will act as regent, but I want to see you actually try to do all the things you've been studying and practicing.  I know your mother will be very proud of you for being willing to step up like this.  I'll make sure that you don't get over your head, and you'll be able to ask me anything you need."

And with that reassurance, he turned back to the street that led up to the palace, stopping on the way to buy some roses.  "Your mother always loves these; it's her favorite flavor of flower."  Shining himself had more proletarian tastes, in that his favorite was Daisy, one more thing he shared with his sister.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FlkYTmx.png?1

Flurry looked to her father and nodded. "I-I know." as she took a deep breath. "It's just that there is sooo much in those books, and I've read so many of them. Some of the things up in my head might have blurred together." She'd give Shining a small hug. "But I got the best advisor in all the Crystal Empire...and maybe Equestria too. Uncle Spike might have you beat...at least in popularity."

The little alicorn followed her father up the street. She'd look over the flower cart, her eyes being drawn to the large white lilies. "May I have one and get one for mommy as well?" she'd say to Shining with the cutest smile she could muster.

"It will all be easier to sort out once you have some real-world context for what they're all talking about.  It was the same thing with me and military regulations.  If it's just all in your head, it's easy to mix up, but once you start doing it, it's easier to all keep straight."  As he smiled and hugged his daughter back, Shining refrained from mentioning that not all the books would necessarily cover the right thing to do in every situation.  You had to learn all the rules, or at least all the very good reasons there were rules, before you could be trusted with knowing when and where they could be broken.  Best give little Fluffalump a few more years on the training wheels before opening *that* possibility.  "Hm, well, I don't think your Auntie Twilight will be willing to give up Spike anytime soon, so I guess you're stuck with dear old Dad!"

Once they got to the flower cart, Shining paused, before nodding and paying for the pair of lily sets as well.  "Of course.  I think we're about ready to head back now.  Did you have a good time, Flurry?"

• Like 1

Flurry nodded. “Yep. Best day ever. Thank you daddy.” It was a day Flurry would soon not forget. When she was older she would always have memories of the time she spent with her father whenever she was feeling down. Hopefully there where more days like this on the horizon. “We’re going to have another day like this again in the future, right daddy?”

The young alicorn would walk to her father’s right side on their way back to the Crystal Palace. “What do you think mommy’s going to think of our plan,” she said with a large grin. “I think you should be the one to tell her though.” 

It wouldn’t take long for them to reach their home. Their next stop, the Crystal Throne Room….