[ Sterling Point ]

Name:

Sterling Point

Male

Young Stallion

Species:

Unicorn

Pelt Color:

Dappled Moss Green with dark green socks and a white nose blaze.

Mane/Tail Color & Style:

Forest Green

Style is pretty normal.

Eye Color:

Brown

Cutie Mark:

Quill Pen

Physique:

Average

Residence:

Currently lives in Ponyville

Writer

Motivation:

Adventure and recording the things he sees for others to read. Curiosity to explore the unknown and to write tales to entertain his readers.

Reading, writing, hayfries, adventure, flirting.

Dislikes:

Arrogance, being damp, griffons, being bored, being interrupted when writing, and writer's block.

Character Summary:

Sterling Point is a recent visitor to Ponyville. He enjoyed his visit so much he decided to move to the small pony town. He uses it as a base for his adventures out into the world for material for him to write about. He can always be found with a almost blank book, an inkwell, and quill pen as he travels the countryside.

Hellosmaller.png

Oh not at all, you're fine with your quill cutie mark, it's a very common idea/symbol so as long as no one has a fuss over similar cutie marks you're all fine. No need to change that part Sterling.

Though all the markings and coat colors put me off for pony design it seems well enough. Approved for RP.

I'm getting that a lot with the coat markings and colours. It's hard to find something that shows a dapple coat design that is also simplistic enough for animation. I'm really trying to figure it out so I don't get more "Pickle" or "Leper" comments. v.v

In the end, I may just get rid of the dapple effect all together. If so, i'll update the design pic.

Ohhh, now I feel bad. The only way I remember your character is by nick-naming him "Pickle-Pony!" xD I mean it's sorta cute if you were aiming for that effect, since you weren't I can imagine it must get a bit frustrating.

No, I don't mind. And I love what you did with him!! Thank you for drawing this! :)

Dapples are proving to be a bit of a weird point for him. It's easy to get overboard with them (as you found out), and thanks to my friend, I realized that the opposite is actually better. Make them fewer, make them larger, and you've got something adorable! :D

Can I post your piece to my FA account? Credit will be given to you of course. :D You do amazing work!

So following the larger, and less of them idea, I managed to come up with this, which looks far better.

SterlingPointForForum.png

I'm a huge fan of dapples (Whisper, my unicorn, has a bubble cutiemark meant to look like dapples on her flanks :) ) I agree that less is usually more, but there are actual markings like your first design, Leopard Appaloosas. They're like dalmatian horses lol :D

sterlingpoint.png

And yes, feel free to put it on FA, Haiku is my name on there, too :D

Thank you. :)

I liked the first design as well, though the second is in line with more animation standards as it is simpler and thus would be easier to animate. I was also getting a lot of trolling on one or two sites for the way my character looked, which though they didn't bother me, still annoyed me.

But all in all, I altered mine just to make it simpler to draw for the most part. lol. Darkened the line colour, changed the dapple, and horray, there we go. :3