Hard Knocks (Ponyville)

SteelEagle

Rarity felt some relief. Not a lot of relief. She reserved that for Applejack's eventual recovery, which now she was well assured of. Instead, she felt small relief as she opened up the suitcase containing the stressed but relieved fashions. It was a mess. A beautiful mess, like her, but a mess nonetheless. She swiftly changed into a black and grey number with a more subdued hat with a delicious trim. She gave one to Amby well, though it was much too large. She found a couch to fall on, and did so dramatically next to Amby and Zap.

Twilight kept her eyes closed for a few moments longer when Rainbow dash spoke to her. She had to process a lot, namely the desire to turn the entire sport of rugby into a pastime time in the past tense. In time, she did respond. "No, it would not be right. Not for her. The magical healing spells I could use solve individual problems she faces, but without proper healing they would come back...uneven. Wrong. We can help fortify her natural healing powers, but...well, she would need to consent to that. And she is no position to say anything at the moment," she sighed, then slowly pet Rainbow's head with a wing, "I'm sorry you are going through this, Rainbow. But she will need your love," she looked at the children, "and theirs, to fully recover."

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 1

Amby and Zap didn't always get along.  It was inevitable that friction between a little colt and filly would spring up alongside their sibling harmony.  But right now?  All the little disputes didn't matter.  He was family, and she was clinging to family right now.  Who knew what would happen if she took eyes or hooves off of them?  Would they get hurt and taken away too?  That couldn't happen, Apples needed to stick together, and especially to her!  "Don't go, Zappers... please don't go..."  She sniffed.

• Like 1
  • Apple 1
  • Hearthoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

RD felt the light touch of Twi's pinions on her head. She felt so hollow at inevitable words coming from the alicorn. Real and true magic didn't just whip in and heal terrible injuries

It was be off, imbalanced, just as Twilight was saying. Rainbow had known that would be the answer before she even asked, but she was desperate. Desperate for the loves of her life, AJ and her kids. She had to be strong for all of them right now.

RD trotted over and looked at Amby and Zap, resolving herself.

'Zap,' she pulled the Colt in with a wing. 'I know this is so much but we will get through this. You're the big brother you know?' She fought back tears. 'I won't ask you to be strong little guy,' She gave him a quick tight hug. 'But you're gonna have to trust me to be strong for you both. Ok?'

'Amby,' She went and sat next to the filly. 'I'm right here. Blue mama isn't going anywhere ok?' 

RD glanced at Rarity and then back at Amby. A thin smile played on her muzzle. 

'Rarity's going to be here too. She'll stay with you when I can't.' She tugged the brim of Rarity's hat that still sat lopsided on Amby's head.

She could do this. It was a small thing compared to the strength AJ had always shown their family.