A Harmless Bit of Fun (Closed)

Aisede

gYBj2nJ.png

"I am very familiar with the history of pirates. And the term buccaneer has a wider meaning than that- maybe your experience in that area has colored it, but it has a wider meaning. Privateers and pirates were called buccaneer alike- and they were all called pirates, or privateers, depending on one's personal bias. Equestria itself has its own history with such...privateers," Twilight said as she took her hat off and teleported it onto Rose's head. "Indeed, this is not a random hat. It is an exact replica of Captain Goldhoof, former admiral turned privateer around seven-hundred and thirty-one years ago. I don't believe you know her history? Or the myth?" She said before Rose started off on her own accounting of what it took to be a pirate.

"I challenge you to go an hour without taking a page out of Swift Squall's school of drama," Twilight said as she started off with a smile. It was hard dealing with...certain styles of creatures. She wondered if there was something in the genetics that made a number of them act as if they were constantly performing stage plays. In any case, it was a historical fact that the majority of pirates, privateers, buccaneers, didn't resort to violence. It was bad business and would put them in the crosshairs of national and sub-national navies. Beyond that, the most common hunter of pirates weren't even the navies- they were other privateers, given permission to hunt the pirates down. Of course depending on who you asked...

In any case, she would at least respond to the pertinent question.   "As for your real question, Rose? I could. I wouldn't, and I don't need to, but I could. There are worse things than killing a creature that I would be ready to do if it came to it," She responded, her voice lowered before she tapped her cup.
"Back to the game. I'm calling you a liar," she said as she showed her dice- one one, one two, zero threes, one four, and two fives.

• Like 1

Rose huffed at Twilight's explanation, readjusting the hat as it was placed on her head. 

It wasn't half bad, even if it looked like a stage prop.

It was good to know that Equestrians differentiated buccaneers from pirates, even if the difference still seemed pretty superficial to her. 

"I don't know who Swift Squall is," she remarked, frowning and crossing her forelegs. Rose, dramatic? As if. 

It certainly surprised her to hear that Twilight... Could. The purple mare never struck Rose as the violent type, not unless provoked. And even then... 

Well, stealing souls is probably worse. Or being mutated. Should Rose feel bad for the leap frogs she experimented on?

Rose chuckled as Twilight called her out, lifting her cup: six, six, four, five, and two. 

There really was no winning this round.

"That would be... A tie, correct?"

On a sheer whim, she cast a come-to-life spell on the dice. They started rolling around, their intentions enigmatic. 

The fours and fives sought each other out, while the twos seemed to gang up on the lone one. How odd. 

• Like 2