[SP] IMAGINE Relaxation [attn: Blueblood]

Windwright

Early in the morning of Heartwarming Eve, Honeywing the pegasus stepped out into the balcony of his shared bedroom with Glitzen Glamour on the second floor of his coltfriend's parlor. He stretched and greeted the sun as it peeked over the town's rooftops, a comfortable ritual on a morning that was going to be too busy for the comfortable cuddles he wanted to spend it on. But rather than brood, he spread his wings, double-checked the saddlebags under them, and flew off.

His destination was the second most notable landmark in the once sleepy village, and the second new addition: the Princess's School of Friendship. More specifically the Archchancellor's office. He'd been given special permission to come and go at his leisure as part of his IMAGINE duties, but hopefully the Prince wouldn't mind his overstepping that boundary for this.

He knocked politely on the glass doors that led from terrace to office and waited, perhaps a little impatiently, to be granted entrance to the warm building. 

Archancellor Blueblood hadn't planned to stay long in the office, just tidying up before locking the doors before the holidays from term.  But, there were always more things on his desk than when he left them.  Specifically, term papers sent in just before the deadline that he might as well grade now so as not to leave them for later.  It was just as he was marking another spelling error that he heard the tap on the terrace glass.  "Oh, good morning!"  He started, getting up to open the doors.  "You just caught me in the middle of some work... what is it, Honeywing?"

Honey slipped inside and executed a short bow, shaking a bit of snow out of his mane from his landing. "Good morning, Highness." he greeted, dancing on the spot to warm up out of habit. "I know you're busy, especially this morning, but I had two more matters to bring to your attention, one business and one personal. They're both somewhat urgent. End of day at the latest. So I stopped by to deliver both to you personally. Which would you prefer to hear first?" the courier asked, slipping a letter out of his saddlebags, its seal broken already though it appeared it was addressed to Honeywing himself. Of course, that still left the bags full to bursting.

Blueblood closed the window behind the courier, sealing the warm room off from the cold exterior, and discretely offering a small towel to dry off the melting snow.  "Well, all things considered I'd rather take business first.  Er, this being school business or IMAGINE business?"  He could readily believe either, given Honeywing's extensive network when doing courier work, but it was likely the latter, if he had to guess.

Honeywing took the offered towel in his spare wing and pulled out the contents of the envelope, which he separated all but the last sheet from. "School business, actually. An acquaintance of mine from one of my first missions in the Courier Corps sent me this letter, asking me to enroll her son in the School and granting me legal guardianship while he's here. I wasn't sure to whom to turn these in, but she filled out everything but Glitz's and my address and signatures, so I was hoping you'd be willing to get them to the right pony."

He presented the documents in question, all signed, filled out, initialed, and even notarized in the right places. "GG's going to take care of the tuition and whatnot since I need to leave for that Yakyakistan mission in a couple of days, and won't be back until after the new term starts. In the meantime, though..." he said, shuffling with his bulging saddlebags while Blueblood handled and inspected the paperwork at his leisure. After a moment, he produced a large basket wrapped with cloth and tied with a fluffy cotton ribbon. A little tag tied to this with a short length of silk read "Happy Hearthswarming, HW & GG"

Inside the wrapping, which turned out to be a monographed bath robe, was another pair of robes with the initials of BB's herdmates, as well as several scented oils, mani/pedi kits, face scrubs and masks, a set of plush towels, and several high end shampoos and conditioners for the mane, tail, and coat. In short, it was a spa day for three in a basket. And Honeywing apparently wasn't done, as he also pulled out another box, this time wrapped in more traditional paper. "We, er...had a word with your tailor for the robes and for this. GG did the alterations themself, and most of that basket was honestly stock from the shop, so we wanted to splurge a little. The goods are more valuable than the Secret Princess rules would allow, but we didn't actually pay more. Perks of being industry insiders, heh."

The second box contained a formal silk suit in blue and gold, tailored not to Blueblood's measurements, but to Bluebelle's.

Oh, a new student?  Blueblood received the papers with interest, looking them over.  "Hm... promising record, everything seems to be in order..."  There was to be a graduating class next term, so the Archancellor figured it wouldn't hurt to sign on another, especially as all fees were spoken for.  It was students like this that subsidized the scholarships, after all.  He pulled out a pen and signed each line that required his approval with a flourish, blowing on the ink to dry and setting it gently atop his outbox.

"That should take care of business for... the rest of the year, actually."  He stated proudly, looking up from his desk to see a- gift basket"Oh, my dear fellow, you shouldn't have!"  The Prince smiled warmly, unwrapping the basket and inspecting the contents.  "Ah, capital, capital!  Dunnie is in great need of being spoiled of late, with her giving birth in a couple of months.  I do hope the robes let out enough..."  They seemed to, not that terry-cloth was usually tightly tailored.

Speaking of tailoring, there was a second box, containing a sharp suit of splendid colors.  It didn't take long for Blue's experienced eye to tell, though that it wasn't exactly his measurements it was suited for.  "Hmm, and just how did you know I had such a liking for mares in suits?"  He asked with a playful smile.  "Would love to try this on, but I'll have to brew up a pot of tea, first..."

• 2 weeks later...

"That was mostly GG, honestly. He noticed from some press photos and seeing you around town that you didn't often wear your other shape and a suit at the same time, and a little asking around and guesswork confirmed that you just didn't have many that fit right." Honeywing answered, his chest puffing out a little in pride. "And take your time, it's not exactly a Hearthswatming suit and GG said to mention that he'd be happy to let it out or pull it in if you ever need it. Also to invite you over for a makeover if you're ever in the mood, but since advertising as part of a gift is a bit gauche we acknowledge that you already have a fully capable staff who can help you look your best, who also know how to adjust garments, so no pressure at all." 

The courier stuck out his tongue playfully at this, securing his bags again now that their contents had been carried safely to their new owner. "We should see you at the party, and after that I'll be off to Yakyakistan again to see if we can't get that textiles agreement smoothed out. Assuming we can find something they want that won't upset the traditionalists."

"Oh, I see."  Blueblood didn't stop in his tea preparations for all that, though.  It seemed that he was rather eager to see how they would look in the suit!  "And I'll keep the invitation in mind, though I might just send Dunnie or Star in my stead for that, depending on how things turn out with the little one I have coming.  One of us will need the break, but which one remains to be seen.  In any case, I will see you at the party; and good luck with your trade deals!  Good commerce helps the IMAGINE mission there, for sure."