Equestria Girls: The Brony at Canterlot High (Private RP)

It was a normal day in Canterlot City. It was pouring down rain. People were trying to rush home to get out of the rain, some had umbrellas, others didn’t. It was very stressful, to say the least.

What they didn’t realize is that something was about to happen that would change Canterlot City forever. They didn’t know it yet, but something major was just about to occur.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, as people were just going about their day, and trying to get out of the rain, a wormhole of some sort opened up in the middle of the street, and spit out what appeared to be a… person? Yes, it was indeed a person. A human being, in fact. And he looked just like an average every day guy!

Who is this particular person, you might be wondering? Well, to answer your question, it’s the one telling this story! That’s right! The person who arrived in Canterlot City was in fact Me, Brandon Hackwith!

The story goes like this. Basically I had just been watching Equestria Girls on my portable DVD player, when all of a sudden my player began glowing, and, before I knew it, I had been sucked into the Cartoon human world. As if by some sort of strange magic.

I was lying on the street, feeling weak. I was unable to stand, as my knees just wanted to give out from the high fall.

”Nngh…. Where am I…?” I groaned softly, trying to stand up, but my knees gave out, and I collapsed back onto the ground.

Suddenly, a familiar redhead had been walking by, though the boy (Me) hadn’t realized who it was just yet. She noticed a brown haired teenage boy, lying on the sidewalk, looking weak and out of it. He seemingly couldn’t stand, and he was bound to get a cold if he stayed out here like this. Or worse, hypothermia.

“M-Miss…. Can you…. Help me…?” I said, giving a weak cough, as I had been on the verge of getting a cold from being rained on.

Who was this girl? She seemed familiar, but I couldn’t make out who she was, as my vision was blurred, due to me being nearly knocked unconscious from the rough fall.

I hoped that she could help me, whoever she was. I had no idea where I was, I hadn’t yet realized that I was in the world of Equestria Girls yet, and I was way too out of it to notice that everything was a cartoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunset seemed to hesitate for a moment, her gaze searching the young man's face. She was a  vibrant, fiery-haired girl who could only look him up and down. Sunset Shimmer's gaze flickered toward the source of the feeble voice, her attention immediately drawn to a figure lying on the ground. Curiosity mingled with concern as she assessed the situation, her mind working quickly to piece together the fragments of the scene before her.  She took a step closer, her expression a mix of empathy and determination. It was evident that the individual before her was in need of assistance, a fact that resonated deeply within her compassionate nature.

Without hesitation, Sunset crouched down beside the person, her voice laced with genuine concern as she addressed them. "Are you alright? What happened to you? Let's get you out of the rain first." Her tone was warm and soothing, as if she sought to offer solace and reassurance to the weary soul in distress she thought as she extended a hand.

Lightning Star was a busy woman. She had two adopted daughters to take care of and a few other tasks on her mind. A lot of charity work, a lot of work-work, a lot of family-work, a lot of yard-work, a lot of -work, and finally, a lot of interpersonal-work. Always more work to do, and so it was her luck that as she walked up to the boy and Sunset Shimmer that her mind immediately wentr to what she needed to do to work on him and get him healthy again. "Sunset, what's happening?" She asked, her voice deeper than expected but full of warmth as Sunset turned towards her and shrugged. "I just got here, myself."
"What's your name, sweetie?" Star asked as she bent down.

“Umm….” I stammered, from seeing the beautiful and kind blonde woman with the red turtleneck look towards me, “M-My name’s Brandon…”

I was in a new location, and I had no idea what to say, or what to do, I was really nervous. I saw the fiery haired girl, and my face flushed a deep shade of red. “Ummm…. I-I’m not from here….”

Sunset Shimmer's attention shifted towards the voice that emerged, now accompanied by a name—Brandon. She offered a warm smile, trying to ease his evident nervousness. She could sense his unease and discomfort in this unfamiliar place, and her compassionate nature urged her to lend a listening ear and offer guidance.

"It's nice to meet you, Brandon," Sunset replied, her voice gentle and soothing. "Don't worry; I'm here to help. You're not from here? That's alright. Sometimes finding yourself in a new location can be overwhelming," Sunset said with a dry chuckle. She had a little more experience with that then she would like to admit.

Lightning Star took out her phone. "What's your parents phone number, honey?"

Sunset Shimmer's expression softened as Brandon revealed the absence of his parents and their considerable distance from his current location. Understanding his predicament, she nodded empathetically, her compassionate nature coming to the forefront.

"I see," Sunset responded, her voice filled with understanding. "Sometimes life takes us far away from our loved ones, and it can be challenging. But we'll help you. Not sure how, but we will," she said as she offered him a hand and a smile. 

Sunset Shimmer's voice carried a genuine desire to offer aid and comfort. She understood the importance of having a support network, especially in unfamiliar surroundings. Whether it was seeking assistance from relatives, friends, or even reaching out to local organizations, Sunset was determined to help Brandon find the support he needed.

She contemplated the situation for a moment, considering the options available to assist Brandon in his current circumstance. Her gaze shifted to Lightning Star, who was standing nearby with her phone in hand, waiting for the contact information.

"Do you have a place to stay, Brandon?" Lightning Star said, her maternal instincts kicking in. She continued, her words laced with warmth and encouragement, "if you don't have anyplace to go, I may be able to house you until we get you back to your parents, okay?"

Sunset Shimmer listened attentively to Brandon's words, her eyes filled with empathy. She could sense the weight of his uncertainty and the deep longing to be reunited with his family. The realization that he might not be able to find them in his current circumstances hung heavily in the air.

Her thoughts quickly turned to Lightning Star, who had been standing by, offering support and assistance. Sunset glanced at her friend, a silent exchange passing between them. Understanding the gravity of the situation, Lightning Star made a decision.

"Brandon," Lightning Star spoke up, her voice gentle yet resolute. "You don't have to face this alone. We're here to help you. How about this? Why don't you come with me to my home? We can provide you with a safe and supportive environment while we explore different avenues to assist you in reconnecting with your family."

Sunset Shimmer nodded in agreement, her eyes reflecting sincerity and concern. "We'll do everything we can to support you in your search for your aunt and cousin. Even if they're not in a location you expect, we can explore various resources and use our connections to help you find them."

Sunset Shimmer's gaze conveyed a genuine invitation, offering Brandon the opportunity to find solace and support in the company of Lightning Star. 

"Please, consider accepting our offer," Lightning Star added, her voice filled with compassion. "We want to be there for you and help you in any way we can. Together, we'll strive to bring you closer to your loved ones, wherever they may be."

As Sunset Shimmer and Lightning Star stood before him, their resolve unwavering, they hoped that Brandon would see their sincere intentions and take comfort in the fact that he was no longer alone on this journey.

I took a deep breath, exhaling sharply through my nose, “Alright…. Although…. The truth is…. I don’t…. I don’t wanna go home…. There’s…. Somebody here…. Someone who I care about a lot….” I spoke, very seriously, clearly talking about the fiery haired Sunset Shimmer.

I turned my gaze toward Sunset, my face turning a deep shade of scarlet. “She’s someone I’m willing to get to know better, and become friends with…. And she’s really beautiful…. And has been nothing but kind to me since I got here…. I think I’ve made it pretty obvious who I’m referring to….”

I blushed even deeper, feeling incredibly anxious and nervous, hoping I wouldn’t drive Sunset away, as that was the last thing I wanted. The truth was, I loved her, even if we had just met. I had felt a special connection with her, though I wasn’t entirely sure if she had felt the same about me.

”Sorry…. I’m so awkward….” I said, my heart pounding out of my chest.

Sunset Shimmer listened attentively to Brandon's heartfelt confession, her expression a delicate balance of surprise and understanding. She appreciated his honesty and vulnerability, recognizing the sincerity behind his words. While his feelings were clear, she also understood the importance of maintaining a respectful distance in their interactions.

A gentle smile graced Sunset's lips as she responded, choosing her words with care. "Brandon, I appreciate your openness and the trust you've placed in me. It's truly heartwarming to know that I've made a positive impact on you during your time here. Your...minute or so here, anyway," Sunset said as she rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly.

She paused for a moment, her gaze soft yet firm. "However, I've known you for...a minute, I think, and I don't even know how you know me so I think you can understand if I try to maintain a respectful boundary. Friendship is a wonderful foundation, and I'm glad to have the opportunity to get to know you better in that regard," she said gently as she gestured towards Lightning Star.

Sunset's tone remained gentle yet resolute, as she continued, "In terms of your current situation, I believe it would be beneficial for you to accept Lightning Star's invitation and find the support you need. It's important to remember that developing friendships and seeking guidance from others can coexist with the pursuit of your personal happiness and reconnecting with your loved ones."

Lightning Star looked back to her car. "Ready to come with, Brandon."

“Yeah Mo- Umm, Miss Star. Sorry.” I said, almost calling her Mom, as if by some sort of instinct. “Be right there!”

I then turned back to Sunset. “Can we…. See each other again sometime? You’re a really friendly girl, a-and I’d like to hang out sometime, Sunset.”

My face was still a burning shade of red, my face was practically on fire, and it certainly didn’t go unnoticed one bit.

Sunset Shimmer nodded understandingly, recognizing the instinctual response that may have surfaced in the moment.

"Of course, Brandon," Sunset replied kindly, her voice carrying a genuine warmth. "I'd be happy to see you again and spend more time together. Building friendships is a wonderful experience, but for now just focus on getting settled in with Lightning Star."

Sunset took a step closer, her voice gentle and reassuring. "When you're ready, reach out to me or let Lightning Star know, and we can arrange a time to hang out. We can help you get used to this new world."

Her understanding gaze conveyed a genuine desire to spend time with him, fostering a connection that could grow stronger over time. As Brandon prepared to leave with Lightning Star, Sunset wished him well, waving to him even as she started to work on why it was he was here. 

"Take care, Brandon," she said warmly. "Enjoy your time with Lightning Star, we'll talk soon.."

Sunset Shimmer's smile widened at Brandon's request for her number, understanding his desire to stay connected and foster their growing friendship. She reached into her pocket and retrieved a small notepad and pen.

"Of course, Brandon," Sunset replied, her voice filled with warmth. "Let me write down my number for you." She jotted down her digits on a blank page of the notepad before tearing it off and handing it to him. "Here you go. Feel free to reach out whenever you'd like."

Just as Sunset handed Brandon the paper with her number, Lightning Star, noticing the exchange, approached them with a warm smile. "Ready to go, Brandon?" she asked, holding her car keys in hand. "We can make sure you're all settled in and provide you with a comfortable ride."

Sunset nodded in agreement, her gaze shifting between Brandon and Lightning Star. "Take care, Brandon, and I'll be looking forward to hearing from you soon. Have a safe journey with Lightning Star."

With a friendly wave, Sunset watched as Lightning Star and Brandon made their way towards the car, hopeful that their connection would continue to grow and strengthen in the days to come.

As they began their drive, Lightning Star glanced at Brandon and smiled. "So, Brandon, tell me a little more about yourself. I'd love to get to know you better. What are your interests or hobbies? Any favorite books, movies, or music?"

Her friendly tone invited him to share and engage in conversation, hoping to make the ride more enjoyable and establish a connection based on shared interests. As they embarked on this new chapter together, Lightning Star's genuine curiosity about Brandon's life was evident.

Brandon's anticipation and readiness to embrace his new forever home mirrored Lightning Star's enthusiasm. The road ahead held countless possibilities, and she was determined to make him feel welcomed and at ease during this transition. She had a soft spot for the weird and the downtrodden, after all, and while he was not weird yet he was downtrodden.

With the engine humming and the open road stretching out before them, Lightning Star and Brandon embarked on their journey, ready to embrace the adventures that awaited them in his new home.

"That's amazing, Brandon! How old are you, again?" Lightning Star replied with genuine interest, her eyes sparkling. "Being an audio engineer sounds like a unique and exciting profession. It must be rewarding to work with sound effects and bring experiences to life through audio."

She nodded, acknowledging his passion and skill set. "And video games? That's fantastic! You'll share that with your bro- err, sister. It's always great to have a hobby that brings joy and allows for immersive storytelling. Are there any particular genres or games that you enjoy playing?"

“Well, uhhh…. I’m twenty-fi-“ I then looked at myself, “Actually…. I…. Don’t know how old I am…. And uhh…. About what games I like, I like Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Persona 5 Royal, just to name a few.” I explained.

Little did I realize that those games didn’t exist, and were in fact parodies here.

Lightning Star listened attentively as Brandon mentioned his age, only to realize he was uncertain about it himself. She offered a sympathetic smile, understanding that there might be some confusion surrounding his circumstances.

"It's alright, Brandon," Lightning Star replied kindly, her tone reassuring. "Sometimes we encounter unexpected situations that make it difficult to keep track of certain details. We'll figure out your age together as we navigate this new journey. I can set you up with a doctor."

As Brandon continued, sharing his favorite games like Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and Persona 5 Royal, Lightning Star nodded along, taking mental notes. However, unbeknownst to her, those specific games were actually parodies in this realm.

"That's a great selection of games, Brandon," she replied cheerfully. "I'm not familiar with all of them, but they sound like a lot of fun. Your sister Fuschia likes...what are they called...roleplaying games? Do you like roleplayinmg games?"

“Yeah…. Persona 5 is a JRPG.” I explained. “It’s a really fun one. It’s basically where a group of teenagers change the hearts of rotten adults, and force them to atone for their crimes, by going into a cognitive world called the Metaverse, and the Metaverse is essentially a location being what the user sees as their reality, becoming real, and they have to steal the treasure, and force a change of heart in reality. When they defeat the person’s shadow form.” I explained, speaking without barely taking a breath.

"Wow, Brandon, that sounds like quite the immersive and exciting game," Lightning Star replied, trying to keep up with the intricate concepts he described. While Lightning Star may not have fully grasped the intricacies of Brandon's explanation, her genuine happiness for him was apparent. She wanted to show her support and encourage his enthusiasm for his favorite games. Brandon's enthusiasm was evident as he passionately explained the premise of Persona 5, delving into intricate details about the game. Lightning Star nodded along, doing her best to follow his explanation, even though it seemed a bit complex for her.
As the car continued along the road, the urban landscape gradually transformed into a more serene and rural scenery. Tall buildings gave way to open fields and winding paths, hinting at the proximity of Lightning Star's house outside the bustling city.

With a bright smile, Lightning Star pointed ahead. "We're almost there, Brandon. My house is just a little further. It's a bit outside the city, surrounded by nature. I hope you'll find it peaceful and welcoming."
As they approached, the car turned onto a tree-lined avenue. Lush greenery and colorful blooms framed the path, creating a picturesque setting. The car passed through a welcome sign to the named neighborhood- the Applewood Planned Community- revealing a charming house tucked away in a spacious garden not too far into it.

"I'm really excited for you to see where we'll be staying," Lightning Star said, her voice filled with anticipation. "It's not overly extravagant, but it's cozy and filled with warmth. I hope it'll feel like a home away from home for you."

Lightning Star chuckled warmly at Brandon's question, her eyes sparkling with affection. She placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, a nurturing gesture that came naturally to her. "Not at all, Brandon," Lightning Star replied with a tender smile. "In fact, I was going to let you know that at our household, I'm like a mom to everyone. So, calling me 'Mom' is absolutely fine if that makes you feel comfortable. In fact, I was going to make you do it anyway!"

She emphasized her role as a caregiver, someone who looked after and cared for those under her roof. The desire to create a nurturing environment and provide support to those in need was ingrained in her very being. "In my house, we support and care for each other," she continued, her voice filled with warmth. "And if calling me 'Mom' helps foster that sense of family and belonging for you, then I welcome it wholeheartedly."

Lightning Star's words conveyed her genuine affection and willingness to be there for Brandon, creating a space where he could feel safe and loved. As they stood at the entrance of their new home, she opened the door, inviting him inside to embrace the warmth and comfort that awaited them within.