Pancake Diner Event (invite only/request to join in pm)

halofan303

~Pancake Diner Event~

-The setup-

It was a rather warm autumn's day, in the busy city of Manehatten. Today, the pancake shop near the center of town was having a small late evening meal event as a thank you to a number of kind customers and donatores.

One-wing, being on the list of these participants, had been invited as a guest for his a few of his donations and his time as a customer. He had also been given an extra guest seat which he could bring a friend with, but he had no clue as to who, and the meal was not until the evening. so a walk around town was his idea, maybe he'd even meet somepony he could bring along to the meal?

((ooc: this roleplay will most likely stay invite only., but if anypony wants to join, pm me and ill give it a thought. however for the meal itself i might consider opening it, or giving more spaces because a meal isent a meal without other ponies....but until then I'm pretty sure it'll stay invite only/pm to request joining)

---note this list updates, so some may be added and some may be removed. so if you want to be well informed check it every so often---

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

list of current Rpers/characters 4/4

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Halofan303- One-wing

Phil the time wizard- Midnight brand

Bronies For Life- Fly-by

Dusty - Dusty hooves

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((ooc: that's not here for a specific reason, but rather for me too keep track of things personally so i don't get lost :lol:))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Que list 4/6

Halofan303- One-wing

Phil the time wizard- Midnight brand

Bronies For Life- Fly-by

Dusty - Dusty hooves

(just cause ye aint a guest of honor or a guest of the guest of honor's doesn't mean you can't be with! but there is only so much room in the pancake diner!)

((ooc: the second list is cause we can't have a big dinner with only 4 ponies now can we? :???: there is of course background ponies, but we still need a couple of extra's to join in...so yea theres a bonus 2 slots for those who wanna be at the event!-might add more later on, idk-))

((ooc: a note; this isn't an official event rp thing like rotl, just a roleplay. i just chose to get creative with it.))

~One-wing~

Admiring the skies, he smirked and to himself he said; "such lovely weather were having today..." One-wing was walking down the streets of Manehatten, as he had a craving for a muffin. walking down a rather long street he passed by various buildings and shops, restaurants and parleys, hairdressers and one of the town's spas, not to mention a few buisnesses and a interesting clockwork store.

As he approached the muffin bakery he saw that there was a rather large line, apperently he wasent the only pony with a craving. Not being much of a stallion for standing in lines, he decided to go sit on one of the benches to wait for some of the ponies to leave the shop.

He looked up as he sat on the bench, admiring the clouds. "wow, the clouds here look great, i bet the pegasi here work hard on them..." (urgh, again with the talking to myself....) In a big city like Manehatten he really didn't expect anyone to respond to his random queries, as most ponies here are busy.

Manehatten. Midnight Brand didn't have much use for a city like this. It was loud and bustling, with high buildings and crowded streets. She was to meet an informant here the next day who had a job for her. She didn't know the details just yet, but she hoped it was nothing too dirty or taxing. She just wanted to collect her pay and leave this all behind to return to Hopesong. The sooner she could make all that happen, the better.

Yet here she was in the city a day early with no way of contacting her informant. Walking aimlessly through the Manehatten streets, Midnight honestly had no clue what to do with herself. There were so many ponies it made her anxious and yet she felt a disconnect from all of them. This was exactly why she had built her home in the heart of the Roughrider Ridge where hardly a pony would come. The quiet of nature was always preferential to this urban bustle in her eyes.

"Such lovely weather were having today..." Midnight then heard from nearby. Was somepony trying to talk to her? She looked up.

Her eyes met a kind of peculiar pony. He was a brown pegasus pony, not too much younger than Midnight by appearance. He had a shield and some sort of stick for his cutie mark. The most unusual part however was his wings. One of them looked mangled and damaged. Was it a battle wound? She wondered if this wasn't another pony who didn't fit this place as she didn't.

Upon further study, he seemed to be talking to himself and not Midnight. He seemed fixated on the weather. Midnight supposed that was only logical. A grounded pegasus would always look up toward the skies they could no longer reach. Thinking of pegasi and broken dreams, Midnight's mind went to memories of Chaser, both the pleasant ones and the less so pleasant.

It wasn't typically in Midnight's character to approach a stranger for anything. This pegasus however, had her intrigued. Quietly she went up to him.

"It's still a little warm for my tastes," Midnight simply said of the weather. It was all she could think to say.

~One-wing~

Rather surprised that someone actually heard him amidst the rather loud city, let alone actually responded. He was unsure of what to say, slightly at a lack of words.

He turned towards midnight slightly and smiled, "yea, but still it's good weather." Why was she approaching him? he wondered, and in a city like this? He had a slight feeling of awkwardness. it would be different if it was in a less of a hectic place, but in a city? however this did intrigue him, and so did the mare that approached him.

Upon looking her quickly over he saw that she reminded him of a mare he once knew from his hometown, one he used to know well. Her cutiemark caught his eye, twas blade of sort., was she a warrior? a duelist? perhaps an assassin? If she was he didn't think it twas safe take his eyes off her, but wouldn't that be rude? He quickly looked over at the muffin shop, realizing that he had been staring at her flank. After clearing his through he looked back at the mare. "pretty busy here today isn't it?" He often felt awkward around strangers. However she did seem rather interesting, and had approached him, so why not try meeting someone new he thought to himself.

((ooc: sorry if its a bit short, i aint the best at making fillers :???:))

Midnight watched the stallion closely as he spoke again, this time to her. He glanced at her cutie mark. Midnight frowned at this. She usually liked to keep it covered but had lost her travelers cloak on the way there. The blade on her flank made it clear just what kind of work she had been involved in throughout her life.

Midnight still wasn't sure why she had chosen to respond to this stallion, but now that she had she couldn't just leave. He was still a curiosity to her, what with his mangled and deformed wing. Midnight was poor with conversation and always had been. Still, she had to speak.

"I dislike crowds," said Midnight in a low voice, responding to the pony's assessment of the city's business. "They make me uneasy."

~One-wing~

One-wing began getting the feel that the mare wasen't in the best of moods from the city. so he felt a need to be as well mannerd as he could, but being horrid with manners knowing what manners are it that meant he was gonna avoid being sour.

He glanced quickly at the muffin shop, keeping tabs on the line. and quickly back at her as she spoke again. giving a rather gentle look at her with eye contact.

"Iye, crowds are rather frustrating, makes things too slow or too hectic... alas the only discrete thing one can do is wait it out or avoid em' all together." he gave a subtle smile as he finished talking his sentence.

"Anywho my names one-wing." He reached out his hoove for a handshake smiling.

Midnight stared at him. Seriously? One-Wing? That wasn't a name. Even if his wing was a birth defect and not a wound of some sort, no parent would specifically draw attention to the deformity. Midnight stared puzzled for a moment, then she chose to just accept it. It was likely an alias of some sort. Perhaps an assumed name he went by for whatever line of work he was in.

"I see," said Midnight, nodding. "Midnight Brand," she then said simply, closing her eyes. She made no effort to shake hooves with the pony though.

~One-wing~

He retracted his hove, slightly confused, but regained his mental footing as he replied; "Well it tis a pleasure to meet you ma'am." smiling, he nodding back at her. was she from a distant part of Equestria? one of which he did not know the culture of all to well? perhaps she was raised in a forest? or maybe out by fillydelphia? He didn't know and wanted to avoid being rude by asking outright. but he had the feeling that he was being slightly inspected, as if she was a detective, maybe her sword was just a disguise? Either way he stretched his working wing and his obliterated wing, as they were beginning to get tired from sitting still. he folds them in again and looks over at the muffin shop. the line hadn't gotten much shorter, maybe they were having a shortage of muffins? "~sigh~ i take it a lot of ponies want muffins today heh...but you don't seem at home here, would you mind if i ask were you are from?"

Midnight noticed this pony kept looking at the nearby muffin shop. Oh, so he was waiting for the crowd to disperse? She supposed she'd do her best to keep up a conversation until it had. She had nothing better to do at least.

"I currently make my home in the Roughrider Ridge," said Midnight in a low voice, thinking of her home and Hopesong.

~One-wing~

"roughrider ridge.... is that not far from the Everfree?" (by Celestia my geography is horrible...) He had a somewhat relaxed look on his face, as he was rather enjoying having the company of someone to talk to, even if it twas someone he did not know all to well he still felt decent from it. A feather fell off his working wing, from a quick look it appeared as he hasn't preened it properly of old feathers yet, perhaps he was intending on doing it later? but even so it still did not explain as to why what appears to his other wing looked like it was damaged to a intense degree.

He stretched his legs a little, as they were getting a little sleepy from him just sitting there on the bench.

"That's right," said Midnight quietly. "You can see the forest from my home."

Midnight watched as the pony stretched his wings and legs. She was curious about his wing but not crass enough to bring up what could be a touchy subject. Instead, she simply turned his previous question on him.

"What of you? Is this city your home?" Midnight said in a low voice. "I'm not sure it suits you."

~one-wing~

"well that's neat"

he looked into his bag, but stopped as she asked him a question. he thought for a moment, as to what he should answer. he turned towards her holding a flask of sorts in his one hove.

"Well," there was a short pause in his sentence.

"I have a home in a sky city, not clouds dale but another city in the skies." he drank some of the yellow colored liquid "and then i also have a home in the Everfree." He shrugged slightly, unsure if he had answered her question

He had a home in the skies? Surely this pegasus couldn't fly anymore? Not with a wing like that... Midnight wanted to ask the question, but again she decided that perhaps they were questions not worth asking. She decided to avoid them and turn to the other point.

"It's no average pony who makes his home in the Everfree" Midnight said in a low, ruminative voice. "There is a certain beauty to that forest, but for it's danger most would sooner avoid it."

~one-wing~

"true." he sat there quietly for a moment. "But if your wise with the forest it can be a nice place to live." he had a even more feel of interrogation now, as if she was trying to get details for an assassination attempt or something of the like, but no, no, its not good to jump to conclusions. maybe shes just curious? "i for one do enjoy the scenery of the forest quite well. of course I've had a few run-ins, but i haven't really gotten into too much trouble within the forest." He smirked a little, hoping that she would not ask as to details of his forest home.

"but its not every-pony that make their homes in Roughrider ridge either, now is it? Considering that some of the cities in the ridge aren't very friendly." having passed through the ridge once or twice before, and he had gotten the impression that it wasn't the "jolly-est" place in Equestria.

"I avoid those cities as much as I possibly can," said Midnight in a low voice. "I make my home away from others, in a corner of the ridge where visitors are rare."

Midnight nodded and looked down. "It's one of the few places I've found where things are quiet and I can truly be at peace..."

~One-wing~

"yea, peace and quiet aren't easy to come by in places like that I'd image." One-wing enjoyed piece a lot at times, and especially while taking a good look at scenery. However places with corruption do tend to be interesting, full of adventure, and danger too, of course most prefer being at peace then fighting. "Well it does make sense as to why you aren't comfortable here. no quietness, tons of crowds, doesn't sound like something your used too. so what brings you here? mind me asking." He looked at he curiously, certainly someone who lived in a place were ponies didn't go often. it would seem absurd as to why she was in a big city such as this. perhaps shes out here shopping? business? or maybe shes here for a meal of sorts, but why go all the way to Manehatten for that? whether she told him or not it did not matter much.

--ooc:

////as as long as pickles are pickles there will be a cricket at the dawn of the empire//// -random quote

"Indeed. I don't care for places such as this." the mare said quietly, nodding.

"I am rendezvousing with somepony tomorrow night," said Midnight in a calm voice. "This was simply the location he set."

((That random quote is quite random...))

~one-wing~

"Iye, well that certainly does explain why your in a place like this, but not as to why your here early." he looked up in the sky as a group of young Pegasi seared by up above, making a "swoosh" sound as they flew by. "mhmmm...."

After they were out of sight, he looked back at her, with a slight smile. "Well, as for why i am in Manehatten. I'm really just on a joy trip, as well as for a certain event at one of the restaurants here tonight."

((indubitably))

Midnight noticed the strange stallion stare up at some passing pegasi. He really must long for the sky, she figured. A sad fate.

"Restaurant event?" Midnight questioned. She was only marginally interested, but she felt a need to continue this conversation for some reason.

~one-wing~

He sat there for a moment and then got a sublt look on his face as he turned to her.

"yeap, i was invited by my favorite pancake diner to come to their annual event as a "guest of honor", usually its only generous donators and loyal customers that get these titles..."

he shrugged as he lent back. "Guess I'm one of the two? i come round' once in a while to get some of their exquisite pancakes and restock on syrup...and i have done so fooooor..... the past five years i think?" he looked up "Not my first time going to the event either, and probably my second as one of the guests of honor." his attention turned to her. "but yea, there holding an event this evening, the reason im here early is.... well a few reasons i guess..." he sat up straight again and looked at the muffin shop, the line having only cleared up by a bit... (by celestia what the he*k is taking so long?)

"I see..." said Midnight. Maybe there wasn't anything more to this pony after all? He was here just for food? No... he was still unusual. He had a home in the Everfree and that bizarre, mangled wing. Midnight just wasn't really sure what to make of the pony. Regardless, she herself was never the type to be so excited by food. She couldn't imagine anything being so exciting that she would come back continually for it for five years...

"You sound quite dedicated to this place," she said in a low voice.

~One-wing~

"well, pancake shops are far and thin, more pastries such as muffins, cupcakes, ect.... not alot of pancake shops, especially not of such quality and taste..." he sat there thinking about it for a few moments, knowing how odd it seemed. "but, i come to manehatten like thrice, maybe four times a month. plus there's a few shops here i check so its not much of a bother i guess." he wasn't sure what to say, most of the herbs he used for his mictures were either wild, bought, farmed or all three, but telling her his profession would probably make him seem weird.

he tried to put a smile on his face, it was slightly unstable. "but ummm yea, i come here for a few reasons..." (good celestia when is that line gonna lighten up!!!)

Midnight listened to the pegasus. His talk of pastries made her mind wander. Midnight had no taste for sweet things and never had. Still, the thought of them made her smile. Hopesong loved sweets. When she was a foal she had always smiled so brightly whenever Midnight brought a sweet treat home with her. After Midnight brought the child a book of recipes, Hopesong had learned how to bake herself. Midnight still didn't care for sweets, yet she now often ate them. She'd eat anything her daughter cooked.

Midnight smiled just slightly as the taste of Hopesong's own pancakes came to her.

"I suppose I understand after all," said Midnight, nodding. "Something as simple as food can hold important memories..."

"turn turn turn turn TURN" A green pegasi with light red hair smashed into the wall of the muffin shop.

"Oh Celestia, my head." She put her front hooves on both sides of her head to stop the ringing.

"Well, while im here, might as well order something. Hey, Waiter!"

"Yes, miss?"

"Get me your finest... Ah, whatever you serve here!"

"Okay then, miss."

The waiter trotted off, as Fly By looked around for a seat. Spotting one with only two ponies in it, she decided to go and sit there.

"Hello! My names Fly By. This seat taken? Well, to late if it was." She sat down.

~one-wing~

"yea i spose some of them d-" interrupted by fly-by's arrival, he turned to the newcomer. "umm," (....awkwarrrrd.....) "well nice to uhhh meet you fly by..." he looked at midnight, curiously wondering if this "fly-by" was a friend of hers or not and shrugged. he then looked back over towards the muffin shop, the line had still not calmed down. and the constant noise of ponies and creatures out and about was getting to him, he needed a dang muffin to calm his nerves.

((ooc: a fair note, thier outside the muffin shop, which is not too far from the pancake place, just trying to keep the chrono in check...so may we say you meant something from a nearby restaurant perhaps? if not then i got no clue on what to do about the sudden environment confusion @~@))