Vulpus [Final]

Starfox64x

Name: Vulpus

Sex: Male

Species: earth pony

Pelt Color: deep blue

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: dirty blonde, medium length, messy and unkempt most of the time

Eye Color: hazel

Cutie Mark: a lazy u shape, like a thin crescent moon on its side almost like a smile. he received it as a child while recovering in the hospital right after a terrible accident in the mountains.. he had time to talk with his friends and cheer them up while they too recovered, and when the bandages were removed he saw the mark. his friend mentioned it looked like a smile, and he even knew that he was good at making ponies smile, but he simply thought they were scars from the operation after the accident, so he still continues to search for his 'true' cutie mark.

Physique: Above average height, slightly buff but with an extra few pounds as well. The main thing to notice is his front, right leg is missing, and instead a plastic prosthetic leg is strapped in place. It’s color and texture difference is easy to spot, with it being an almost eggshell white, with silver rivets at the joints, aling with two brown straps keeping it attached to his body.It's powered by unicorn magic, so from time to time it will run out and leave him without a leg to stand on.

Origin: a smaller community outside Trottingham

Roleplay Type:

Motivation: Since he lost his leg as a foal, he’s tried hard to prove that he can still be just as good as anyone will all of their legs. Although after so long without receiving his cutie mark, this has made his motivation spawn from anger rather than aspiration at times.

Dislikes: finding out he’s not good at something

Character Summary: As a foal, he and his friend were in a rock slide that cost him his leg, and injured his other legs. He managed to recover to a point where he could hobble around, but the children teased him and told him he would never find his cutie mark. The crescent shaped 'scars' on his flank are a constant reminder that his injuries had impaired him from being like the other ponies, rather than a reminder that his special talent is making ponies smile. He managed to find a prosthetic leg make by a unicorn pony, making it like he had a real leg that bent and moved just a like his old one. Over the years he’s become very talented in multiple fields, but his lack of a cutie mark still taunts him, as if saying he’ll still never be as good as the others, even though he's had his mark all along. he's kind to most everyone, but his ambitious nature and his desire to find his cutie mark sort of pushes his friends away. as for talents, because he's ambitious, he's gotten good at all sorts of things. he got a variety of talents, and if he's never tried it, he will to see if THAT is his cutie mark. he's a jack of MOST trades, but there are plenty of things he's not good at, and he knows this for sure because he's tried his hardest to be good at everything.

(rough pic)

Vulpus2.png

I'm sorry, but if I may be so bold, I would like to know about his talents and personality.. :halo:

He seems an interesting character :P

Well, his personality is that he's kind to most everyone, but his ambitious nature and his desire to find his cutie mark sort of pushes his friends away. as for talents, because he's ambitious, he's gotten good at all sorts of things. he got a variety of talents, and if he's never tried it, he will to see if THAT is his cutie mark...

I suppose i didn't say that directly, but i felt it was hinted to be that way from what i did write... you think i should just write that on there too?

So he's like a jack of all trades kinda pony? And yes, I think that might be a good idea, just to be safe c:

Essentially, yes... There ARE things he sucks at, and he knows it cause he's tried them out a LOT before finally realizing 'theres no way i'm gonna be good at this"

kk, updated

So... Vulpes. Fox, in greek. This does seem like a nice character; Much potential. A spot of advice? If he's a jack of all trades, then whats stopping him from simply finding one of his 'trades' he likes the most and sticking with it? It may be best if he were impatient, to stop this.

He already has his cutie mark, its making people smile. but he doesnt realize that's what those marks mean, he was told they were scars from the operation as a child. So he's tried a lot of things, and with no cutie mark coming fro mthose things, he assumes its not that and moves onto something else...

Wait wait wait. his Cutie Mark has been fading? ...Has that been confirmed to happen? That just might not slip past the Mane RP blockade.

Well, i figure they get their cutie mark when they discover their true talent. he discovered it, but he didnt really think it was what it really was, so he's ignore it, and because he hasnt acknowledged it, as well as gone against it heavily over the years, it's begun to fade, and will do so until its gone... He can rediscover it and get it back to full form, just as any pony would when they find it the first time.

That's my logic behind it anyway...

But thats one of the things the mods'll be picky about, due to the fact that it could contradict future MLP canon.

meh, true i suppose... I've decided to edit it (with the assistance of Manestream :D ) so that it's more that he's in denial that making people smile is his true talent.