My take on how S2EP2 should be (not sue if it counts as a fanfic)

lordbrony

After watching the 1st episode of season 2, I'm pretty sure I know how it'll end. Most likely they will rediscover their strengths and rally to defeat Discord

Personally, I feel that that makes the ponies pretty much one dimensional as they are tagged to that attribute permanently so from a creative standpoint it makes the characters shallow and sterotypical.

I had a brainwave for a more creative, unexpected ending and in one sitting managed to get it all down on paper (figuratively)

So I present for the purview of all the bronies out there, my take on how the climax should be. Please note that this is not a transcript per say as I'm only presenting a few scenes of the ponies defeating Discord and not the buildup or the aftermath.

Without further ado, enjoy

Scene Setter: After what AppleJack saw in the pool in the maze came to pass (the ponies declaring the end of their friendship and going their separate ways). Twilight Sparkle had a epiphany and regathered all her friends, once the 5 ponies were regathered. Discord appears, “holding” the stone versions of the Elements of Harmony as seen in S1EP2)

Discord: So you ponies are back together. No matter, without the Elements of Harmony, you will never be able to defeat me! (evil laughter)

Twilight Sparkle: Really Discord? You may have made Rarity selfish, Fluttershy mean and AppleJack a liar, but you forgot one thing.

Discord: (mockingly) Oh, and what might that be hmmmmmm?

Twilight Sparkle: You see us as only one simple thing each Discord, however you forget that we are all unique, and different but yet we are also similar!

Discord: Similar? (guffawing) Oh pray do tell

TS: Gladly Discord. Take AppleJack, (cue cutscene to TS and AppleJack's 1st meeting at Sweet Acres) who threw a buffet for a pony she had only met once and also would always share her apples treats with her friends. She is also a representative of the spirit of ...Generosity!

(one of the EOH flies out of Discord's grasp, shatters in midair and the fragments float around Applejack, breaking Discord's original spell)

TS: Flutttershy, (cutscene of Fluttershy's critique of her gala dress in EP14) who would always tell you the truth and what you needed to hear as long as you pushed her, also represents the spirit of...Honesty!

(another of the EOH flies out, shatters in midair and the fragments float around Fluttershy, breaking Discord's original spell)

TS: Pinkie Pie, (cutscene of Pinkie Pie and TS's first meeting and also the various parties shee has thrown) who always has a party in hoof for a friend who needs cheering up, represents...Kindness!

(another of the EOH flies out, shatters in midair and well you know)

TS: Rarity, who is never above getting dirty when it will help her friends and sharing a good natured laugh or joke, also represents...Laughter!

(another of the EOH flies out, shatters in midair and well you know)

TS: and me, (cutscenes of of S1EP3). When I thought I had to chose between my friends and the Grand Galloping Gala, I chose my friends, and I believe there is no greater testament to...Loyalty!

(scene zooms out, the ponies are standing in a pentagon with TS at the point, wearing the amulets that they wore in S1EP2 but with the amulets swapped according to the current arrangement of who embodies what) white energy gathers in the middle and then shoots skyward in a beam, the beam zips across the sky)

Discord: What are you doing! Its so bright!! Arggg (shields eyes)

TS: Lastly, Rainbow Dash, (cutscenes of RD doing the sonic rainboom) who believed in herself and made the impossible possible, and that Discord is what Magic is all about!

(the beam zips across the Equestrian skyline, finally catching up with Rainbow Dash, breaking the illusion,

Rainbow Dash: Where am-OMG my friends!

(still encased in the white light, Rainbow Dash does a 180 degree turn and zips back)

(new cutscene: a star twinkles and it is later shown to be Rainbow Dash, heading straight towards Discord)

RD: DISCORD!!!!!!!!!!

(cuts to Discord)

Discord: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! (tried to run comically before RD smashes into him, creating an explosion that bathes everything with white light and creates a sonic rainboom (but all white instead of the normal rainbow colours) effect.)

(Light fades and all the ponies are lying on the ground, they slowly get to their feet, except Pinkie Pie)

Pinkie Pie: (pops up to her feet and starts hopping around). Weee! That was fun, can we do it again, can we can we?

FS: Is everypony alright?

AJ: I knew we would be ok!

Rainbow Dash: (wearing the crown seen on TS in S1EP2) Ugh that was some ride. Hey whats this?

(the crown levitates off and similarly all the amulets levitate off their wearers and then rearrange themselves according to how they were shown in S1EP2)

(cutscene to a crater in front of all 6 ponies, in a nod to Kung Fu Panda, Discord slowly crawls out of it)

Discord: (exhausted and panting) I will not be defeated by a bunch of silly ponies.

(the ponies gather in formation to await Discord's counter-attack)

P Celestia: (sternly) Discord!

(Celestia lands in between the ponies and Discord)

Ponies (together): Princess Celestia

Celestia: Thank you ponies, I knew you could do it, now its my turn.

(the amulets are magically lifted off the ponies once again, they fly in a ring around Celestia, amulets disappearing and only leaving the gems Celestia then fires a bolt from her horn through the circling gems at Discord

(the beam starts petrifying Discord, just before his head is petrified, Discord yells out)

Discord: All I wanted was to make this place more lively.....

[end transcript]

Afterword: I think the old school comic fans among us will see where I got the inspiration for this idea from. I had hoped that they would actually try to blur the lines a bit between each pony so that they wont be so tightly locked into characterbut it dosn't look like its gonna happen anytime soon.