Last post wins

Everypony is a student! Here, there, over yonder behind the rock. Even sammiches!

then why is the first lesson ever taught by you that i saw in here?

Because you're not paying enough attention, you should be ashamed of yourself! You're a poor student! D:

I actually read Twilight, and I didn't care for it. I understand the psychology of why it was so popular (especially with young girls), so I see where all of the fuss came from.

Let's see if I can chimney think this into something short: Bella is a blank-slate everygirl that teenagers can relate to, and as we well-enough know, characters we can relate to are characters we come to care about and like -- and by that extension with the way the book was written, it became a pop-cultural thing. Smart writing is not good writing, and the books were written with a certain hook to them that made them so popular.

That's the lesson for today, class.

Dead space, Legend of Zelda did this. In fact they went to extremes with it too, removing voices and face entirely. They are still very ground breaking in their ideas, themes, attempts and ambitions. Smart writing is good writing...Saying smart writing is not good is like saying... intuitive, expressionful and understood writing it bad.

What smart writing IS. Is taste, understanding of atmosphere, utilizing that atmosphere, symbolism and base ground for all emotional structure along with pacing along with not letting anything go to waste.Twilight LAZY writing. Vampires....jeez...what bail out...and then you combine that with a generic romance....it pretty much write itself.

The typical anime brooding guy is..."Uh. I kill people. Don't come near me *as they swish about their perfect doll faces*" all she done is take the over done, Poorly written Role Plays of 14 year old yaoi fans and basic turned it into movie.

This isn't good or smart or even Dignified writing. This is nothing more than slapping your name on something shameless but patting yourself on the back because you know there a market for it.

The equal to me would be drawing those crappy half baked-all bronies are fat, creepy perverts-animations and then nodding to myself. Patting my back as I hardly put into effort into it as the haters come in to praise me. God, I hate main stream culture...*places his hipster classes on and flops his arms about half heartedly as his frowns before stomping out of the room in his black boots and red stripped stocks*

Ah. Ignore me. I just woke up. This book/franchise doesn't deserve these talks.

my new way to judge books, for then the cover isn't good enough:

if mom reads it: potentially hazardous to health

if grandma reads it: proceed with lots of caution

if nobody can legitimately support it without making very questionable and unsupported claims: probably a bad idea to read

if sulvuss doesnt think it deserves discussion: back away very quickly

if all of the above: dont read it.

alternate:

assume the book was worse than the movie, and just go from there.

my new way to judge books, for then the cover isn't good enough:

if mom reads it: potentially hazardous to health

if grandma reads it: proceed with lots of caution

if nobody can legitimately support it without making very questionable and unsupported claims: probably a bad idea to read

if sulvuss doesnt think it deserves discussion: back away very quickly

if all of the above: dont read it.

alternate:

assume the book was worse than the movie, and just go from there.

Whoa, whoa.

I think I got slapped with some wit. Can someone remind me what week it is?