Last post wins

A book being worse than the movie is truly an amazing feat in these times. I doubt I ever encountered such an incident throughout my entire life. Movies were always failures created from the books.

A book being worse than the movie is truly and amazing feat in these times. I doubt I ever encountered such an incident throughout my entire life. Movies were always failures created from the books.

Watch scott pilgrim vs the world/ originally a series of comic of six books. The artist himself paid for the movie so he got creative control over it all. Making it the best movie from a book I've ever seen. Period.

• Like 1

LotR is too much of a classic already. But there's other book from Tolkien I truly admire. Silmarillion - the historical tale of the First Age in Middle Earth and not only. A book written throughout his entire life, proving that imagination has no boundaries...

that one is a bit boring for me... i find it hard to actually pay attention to. quite possibly because they didn't make a movie out of it and i find reading difficult. i managed to read read the hobbit without....no wait, there was that cartoon i never appreciated as much as i should have. does the the children of Hurin have a movie?

Dead space, Legend of Zelda did this. In fact they went to extremes with it too, removing voices and face entirely. They are still very ground breaking in their ideas, themes, attempts and ambitions. Smart writing is good writing...Saying smart writing is not good is like saying... intuitive, expressionful and understood writing it bad.

I disagree with you, m'love! It's entirely possible to write intelligently, but still have the writing (story) itself fall flat on its pages. In contrast of this, I read the entirety of LotR in school, and it was extremely dense, thick reading. Tolkien even made his own languages for use in the story, complete with a glossary and appendices. Is that intelligent? I'd say so. Was the story fantastic? Oh yes it was! Was it a pain in the flank to read because of how it was technically written? Yes! It was! How does Twilight come into play on this? I say the writing was smart because it was written to appeal to a very specific audience, which is why it got away with being written like a corny fanfic -- it had that hook to it. Textbooks have to be written for accuracy of information and how it is presented -- that's smart writing, right? Does it make it interesting, though?

What smart writing IS. Is taste, understanding of atmosphere, utilizing that atmosphere, symbolism and base ground for all emotional structure along with pacing along with not letting anything go to waste.Twilight LAZY writing. Vampires....jeez...what bail out...and then you combine that with a generic romance....it pretty much write itself.

The typical anime brooding guy is..."Uh. I kill people. Don't come near me *as they swish about their perfect doll faces*" all she done is take the over done, Poorly written Role Plays of 14 year old yaoi fans and basic turned it into movie.

This isn't good or smart or even Dignified writing. This is nothing more than slapping your name on something shameless but patting yourself on the back because you know there a market for it.

Eragon did this too. Ugh. Wanna talk about that movie adaption? Just shoot me now.

I wanna report some post to the mods and then say the reason is "They are too awesome." or something like that. I've wanted to do that ever since I saw the topic they made saying the report button had other functions other than reporting trollers X3

Just putting that out there :/

I dunno if that will be appreciated -- that's not really what the system is meant for and it could spam it up more than it probably already is.

I disagree with you, m'love! It's entirely possible to write intelligently, but still have the writing (story) itself fall flat on its pages. In contrast of this, I read the entirety of LotR in school, and it was extremely dense, thick reading. Tolkien even made his own languages for use in the story, complete with a glossary and appendices. Is that intelligent? I'd say so. Was the story fantastic? Oh yes it was! Was it a pain in the flank to read because of how it was technically written? Yes! It was! How does Twilight come into play on this? I say the writing was smart because it was written to appeal to a very specific audience, which is why it got away with being written like a corny fanfic -- it had that hook to it. Textbooks have to be written for accuracy of information and how it is presented -- that's smart writing, right? Does it make it interesting, though?

No, when you make your book to appeal to someone and is aimed marginally to get money despite it quality of writing. Is called good Marketing. That not writing, It knew there was a bunch of school girls. It used that hook to pull them in. That marketing. It the same when you combine fandoms...like...Pinky pie and Dead pool. Minimal effort and everyone would buy. All it did was exploit a gap...that not smart..it not good writing and should never be called such. If that good writing then EA is a god send to us writer everywhere.

Its aim was to get maximum money with minimum effort.

That not good writing. The writing hadn't even begun at that point. It was marketing. The actual writing is the style, substance in the book. It used a nothing new flat line character and totally generic/lazy writing plot drive. That not writing.

Its just depressing. There needs to clarification in writing. I noticed a lot of people confuse writing with marketing tactics and marketing ploy-here a good example of marketing in the fandom. Silent hill plus grimdark pinkie pie. A mediocre writer at the time but the idea was such a great exploit of a desperate fan base that they swarmed him-there also a confusion of plot and writing. ploting is the planning phase while writing is the execution of said plan or if wer in a different form of media. The script that will allow said plan to be used effectively.

In short...was Twilight a good strike at the ground for an un-tapped fanbase. Yes, clearly. Was it well written and enjoyable...no. Was it respectable...no. Was it new or bring anything new to the world of writers and artist. Nope. It offered...at best, a sign that artist should keep an eye out for gaps in the demand to subscribe too...but that it. But you know what, MLP did this and is a thousand times more well written, plotted than twilight. I don't know about marketing though.

Tolken...brought fifty times more to the world of artist and future fans no matter how gripping the book was to people. Because it carried all the other qualities of smart writing to make up for it.