[Ponyville] Inn for the Night (open)

Boss_Hoss1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The orange pegasus mare with the red and yellow streaked mane smiled in relief and was about to take her seat when she heard hooftaps in Horse Code. Her ears perked and she turned to see a white mare with a blond mane in the doorway.

She smiled and nodded to the newcomer "Good evenin'! Would you like to join us for the Professor's Saurkraut Casserole and salad? I'm Candy Catch-em. If that's how you talk I can translate if ya like. I'm on enough scientific and animal relocation missions that Horse Code is a neccesary skill ta have."

Candy motioned to one of the empty seats across from her in open invitation.

"Oh, Wonderba! Another friend to share dis vonderful meal vith!" the elderly green Pegasus shouted as he pulled out a seat at the table for Rappatat. "Mein name is Clyde Krashkop, Professor Clyde Krashkop, retired professor und dee vone who made dis famous saurkraut casserole! Hope you are hungry, fraulien!"

The Professor quickly set a place at the table for Rappatat, Plate and silverware and a sald bowl with salad in it awaited her.

"Please zit down und join us! Vee are delighted to zee new ponies here!"

Rappatat smiled big as Candy acknowledged her message, then tapped out another one: [ .. .----. -- / .-. .- .--. .--. .- - .- - ("I'm Rappatat")]. She walked in, waving to Candy, the professor, and the other guests, then shut the door behind herself with her hind leg. Rappatat was carrying a large set of saddlebags on her back, comically overstuffed with supplies.

Rappatat began tapping again, [ "I've never had sauerkraut. How is it?" ]. She knelt to set down her saddlebags, but soon found herself falling over with them. Rappatat flailed her legs as she tipped over, finding herself upside-down and still strapped to her luggage. She gave a sheepish grin toward the group and reached "up" to tap again, [ "Um. SOS" ].

Candy mentally translated the taps and spoke "She says her name is Rappatat.."

The pegasus mare's eyes widened as she saw how big a load the whiite mare was carrying.

Before she could ask if the mare was all right with the load, she tapped again. "Oh, Never had Sauerkraut? This will be my first time too." She looked to the Professor "She wants to know how the sauerkraut is. It smells sweet and like vinegar at the same time to me, personally. I cant wait to try it."

Suddenly, Rappatat is pulled completely over by her load and taps for help. "Uh-oh! I'm sure the message is clear anyway..." as she moves in to help unfasten the saddlebags and help her upright

"Oh, vere are mein manners," Professor Krashkop said as he dashed over to help Candy with Rappatat's saddlepals. "I am sorry, fraulien. Here I vas offering you a place at dee table und didn't even offer to help you vith your luiggage! I do understand Horse Code. I am an inventor in mein spare time, after all. Just leave your luggage here. After you have eaten, I vill personally help take your bags to your room! It is mein duty as a gentlepony to offer assistance to frauliens in distress! Und by dee vay, dee saurfraut is vonderba! Ask Candy, she helped me get some of dee ingredients I used in it!"

Rappatat righted herself, then reached down and retrieved a notepad from one of her bags. She flipped through a few pages of pre-written messages, then held it up to show a "Thank you" to Candy and Krashkop. She flipped the page a few more times, this time showing, "I'm on vacation from the lighthouse in Fillydelphia. I'm mute, so I have to use horse code or this notepad to talk."

Candy Catch-em ahs and nods. "Come and sit down while Professor Clyde takes your things on upstairs, I'll serve you and m'self while we wait for th' Professor."

The peasus mare smiled as she spoons out portions of the casserole around the table. and the innkeeper brings out punches and apple cider.

"Have you been many places on your vacation, Rappatat?"

The mare looked up at the ceiling toward her room at a thought "I really hope that squirrel sleeps peacefully while we eat..."

Professor Krashkop took all of Rappatat's luggage up to her room and then returned to the table.

"Dere now, all done fraulein Rappatat!" the green Pegasus neighed. "You vill love mein casserole!"

Now that all was calm and peaceful, the other ponies at the table began to eat again. It had been an interesting evening at the Inn to say the least. The squirrel had been removed and now all ponies were in a happy mood.

"I hope you are enjoying your stay in Ponyville, fraulien Rappatat."

Rappatat shook her head at Candy and tapped, ["My vacation just started"]. She glanced back to Professor Krashkop and gave a smile and nod, then looked down at her plate. She had never had sauerkraut before, but remembered a few not-so-pleasant opinions of it from her friends back home. She stared at it for a moment as if she expected it to move.

Rappatat glanced around the table as she caught herself just staring at her plate. Not wanting to disappoint Krashkop, the white mare took a small bite of casserole. She chewed slowly, trying hard to maintain a pleasant expression as she discovered she didn't like it. Rappatat swallowed, then shivered from the taste. She quickly washed it down with a big gulp of apple cider, then looked around at the other guests.

(ooc: After typing this post, now all I can think of is this:

:P )

Candy Catch-em nodded to Rappatat "Ah you just started out. Anyplace special you want to see? I may have already been there if you want to know what inns to go to."

She sniffed the casserole, then noticed Rappatat was staring at her portion with horror.

Candy thought to herself *It couldnt' be that bad could it? Not after eating swamp grass in those wierd marshes to the far west...*

She took a bite of the casserole... then chewed for a long moment.

Candy took a drink of her cider "Well, much better than swamp grass, and the mushrooms really are tasty."

One of the other guests, a unicorn giggles "I guess Saurkraut is an aquired taste for some ponies. I love this stuff, especially the mushrooms!"

Candy smiles and continues to eat since the professor went to all that trouble with facing the deadly spider with her. "Its... good."

*I can learn to love it, especially since it's not swamp grass...*

The Professor noticed the discomfort of Candy and Rappatat at the dinner table.

"Vell, I can see dat perhaps saurkraut may not be your favorite," Professor Krashkop said with a smile, "Not to vorry! Vhen I make mein casserole, I alvays fix some dandilion sandviches for dose who vould rather not eat it. I vill get dem for dee kitchen, ja?"

The Professor walked into the kitchen and came back with a plate loaded with sandwiches. Others at the table helped themselves as the green Pegasus brought the plate over towards Candy and Rappatat.

"Please have a sandvich, frauliens. I vould feel bad if you two left dee table hungry."

(ooc: no problem)

Candy nickered her thanks as she took a sandwich from the Professor "Thanks Professor, It takes some getting used to it seems. This would be great food out on the trail, it would probably keep for some time as just the saurkraut, right?"

She munches her casseole portion as she uses the sandwich to ease the flavor.

Candy looked at Rappatat "Oh do you have any questions about what to expect on the way ahead? While i fly, I spend a lot of time groundside, and recently had to take a train back from out west after one of my captures went... bad."

She gave a involentary shiver at remembering that fight.

Professor Krashkop smiled as he finished passing all the sandwiches around the table.

"I understand, frauliens. Saurkraut is vone of dee tings I love to prepare from mein native Germaney. Dere are other vonderful foods from dat region of dee vorld, but all of dem are popular vith Ponyville residents. Some of dee ponies at dis table love it and some don't. By dee vay, Rappatat, you say you're on vacation. Vhere do you come from und vhat kind of vork do you do vhen you're not on vacation?"

Rappatat retrieved her notepad from underneath her chair. She flipped to one of her pre-written messages, then tore out the page and gave it to Krashkop. "I work at the lighthouse in Fillydelphia. I mainly just keep the light going, but sometimes I have to help with search and rescue teams. I send signals with the light to help alert them to danger and coordinate them when they arrive."

Rappatat turned her attention back to Candy, then began tapping out horse code. ["Im visiting places I heard my pegasus friends talk about. Maybe we could go sightseeing?"] She paused for a moment, then began tapping again, looking concerned [ "What happened with the capture?" ].

Candy ran a hoof through her blond-streaked red mane in thought. "Yes, Sightseeing sounds great. I would love to."

She then extended her right wing, showing where some of the plumage had come in a lighter color. "I had been called out to find a mystery animal attacking livestock out near Roughrider Ridge... I pursued it far into the desert before it ambushed me on the griffon's border. it turned out to be an insane griffon. My usual methods didnt work on him."

She sighed and looked down at the table. "I.. defended myself. An REA patrol rescued me soon after. it took a month to be able to fly again, even with unicorn healers."

The inn door creaks open and a White coated pegasus with blue hair walks in, he takes down his hood for everypony to see his face. He's been travelling for ages to to reach Ponyville and now that he's here he wants to soak up as much information as he can, he walks over to everyone else and introduces himself whilst holding out a friendly hoof.

" The names Colton Cloudkicker, please to meet ya."

Professor Krashkop spots the newcomer and galloped over to let him inside the Inn.

"Hello hello und velcome to dee Inn! Vhat luck! You are just in time for dinner! I'm Professor Clyde Krashkop!" the green elderly Pegasus stallion neighed. "Vee vill get you settled into a room und den you can share our vonderba saurkraut casserole! Dere are mainy ponies here who vould love to meet ya too!"

Spotting an empty room, the happy Pegasus helps Colton with his luggage before leading him back out into the dining room.

"Dear friends, vee have another guest to join us! Dis is Colton Cloudkicker! Please greet him varmly! Any pony vant more saurkraut casserole?"

"Thanks for the help Prof, I would love some of that right about now, I'm starving." Colton stated as he took off his coat and placed it on a hook, "So Prof, do you own this Inn or what, because I gotta say, It looks really nice." Colton said as he scanned the warm, inviting dining room.

"Oh sorry, where are my manners." Colton reminded himself as he reached out a friendly hoof towards the other two ponies, "You guys know my name, but I haven't got the faintest idea who you are, sorry about that."

Rappatat looked shocked by Candy's story. She looked away for a moment, sorry to have brought up the subject, and tapped her hoof on the table ["Are you okay now?"].

Her ears perked up as somepony new entered the inn. She turned her head, giving a smile and a friendly wave to the newcomer, but quickly withdrew her hoof as soon as she heard the professor offer seconds on the sauerkraut. Once the "danger" passed, Rappatat leaned toward Colton, extending her hoof to shake.

Colton reached out and shook Rappatat's hoof and let out a friendly smile

"Pleasure to meet you." Colton stated in a calm tone, he then reached into his pocket and pulled out a travellers flask filled with water, he took a swig and continued, "Sorry, I forgot to ask you your name, my apologies." Colton said as he caught himself out on his bad manners again, "So, what is your name?"

Candy Catch-em nickers softly and nods to Rappatat. "I'm okay, really. I'll probaby have an achy wing when I'm old, but.. it's my talent to do my best to catch, rescue and relocate critters who are in danger or being dangerous. That squirrel upstairs makes it all worth it."

She shakes herself from her sudden mood and realizes there is a newcomer in the room, another pegasus.

"Oh! Sorry, I was in a dark mood for a moment and didnt hear you. Her name is Rappatat, she's mute so she can only write or tap in Horse Code. And I am Candy Catch-em! Howdy!" as she offered her hoof after Rappatat shakes his.

Colton reaches out and shakes her hoof.

" It's a pleasure to meet ya Candy, I gotta say, you guys are extremely welcoming towards a new comer, I appreciate it." Colton said as he smiled once again,

" Now that the introductions are out of the way, I gotta ask, what do you guys do here in Ponyville?" Colton asked in an curious tone.

"I enjoy traveling to Ponyville from time to time," Professor Krashkop said, "Und dis inn is so vonderba! I know dee owner und she loves it vhen I cook for her guests! Dee last time I vas here, it vas Oat N' Hay veinersnitzel. Dee trick to any good snitzel is grinding dee oats und hay just right to give it firmness und flavor! Den you add dee spices and.... say! Maybe I could cook up veinersnitzel tomorrow night! Ja, dat vould be fun! Not everypony likes saurkraut, but nopony can refuse mein fresh cooked veinersnitzel! Candy, vould you like to assist me again?"