[Talonpolis] Sometimes Bloodlines Matter (Pm to request to join)

halofan303

~Sometimes Bloodlines matter~

-The setup-

It was a rather chilly summers day out and about. However within the griffin city talonpolis it was rather warm and stuffy, the grand griffin city was rather lively, adult griffins going places as well as some above flying.

there were a few that flew, but not too many because of the transport lifts up above. the air had a starch metallic smell to it, but also a rather attractive food smell to it as well.

-------Da List Of Da Rp playaz---------

---Note this list updates, so some may be added and some may be removed. If you want to be well informed check it every so often---

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Halofan303- Tinker

Phil the time Wizard - Gilda

((ooc: this is not here for a specific reason, but rather for me too keep track of things personally so i don't get lost :lol:))

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~Tinker~

Carrying her packs on her back she walked down the street, on her way towards one of the material shops to take an order and delivery.

she happened to spot a fast food stand, in the mood for a quick snack she went over and ordered a hot-dog.

after paying a few bits for it, tinker began eating her hot-dog, and sat at one of the public tables. she had done a some walking and wondering about so far.

Finishing eating her hot-dog, she got up and began walking down the street again to her intended shop. seeing many griffons walk by, of various ages and colors.

but she didn't mind them so long as they did so in return...

((Ooc:I'm assuming griffins aren't vegetarian, and there by that hippogriffs don't HAVE to be vegetarians either....if not, then it was a vegi-dog))

Gilda swaggered through the streets of Talonopolis. It had been a while since she had been back home. She'd say she missed it, but in truth the griffin city had always been a little dull to her. There were no ponies to pick on. She was just one of the countless griffins filling the city. It was harder to find food to take and there was always a bigger griffin than her around every corner who could put her in her place. As much as she hated associating with the dweeb ponies, they did kind of serve their purpose.

Yet Gilda was scheduled to take part in a coming griffin flight show, so she had to be here for now. She supposed it wasn't bad for now. No ponies still did have its advantages after all. As long as she could avoid having to see her family, she was fine with being here for a spell, even if she didn't have any stupid ponies to tease.

Gilda was distracted thinking thoughts along these lines when she suddenly ran into someone. Collecting herself, she noticed it was a joke of nature: a hippogriff. Half griffin, half pony, all lame. Seriously, Gilda just couldn't understand how it happened. How does a proud griffin stoop so low? There might not have been any ponies to bully, but there was at least one lame-o in this city. Gilda snarled at her.

"Hey, dweeb! Watch where your going!" she shouted, even though it had been entirely her fault and she knew it.

~Tinker~

Almost loosing her footing from the foolish griffin's mistake, she looked back at her to see that the griffin was around her own age, a young adult like herself. perhaps she would engage in a proper conversant- ""Hey, dweeb! Watch where your going!"" -ion....she immediately retracted any thoughts of a average, or even fair, conversation.

(says the immature griffin) "seriously? i mean, wow. the word "dweeb" offended me so much, i am going to go cry in the corner and get humiliated." she gave Gilda a slightly disappointed look. "heh," (how clumsy....)

"are you sure you weren't too busy watching my fine flank to realize how close you were?" obviously tinker knew that was not the case, but it twas the griffins actions that led to the cause. so why not toy with the creature? especially after responding in such a manner to something of her own doing did.

she cleared her throat, "but i guess that would make it my fault wouldn't it? besides, whats the worst that could happen? tinker thought the worst case would be that the griffin would get a slight case of embarrassment, and in such a big city no griffin would, or rather no griffin should care. if a griffin went out of their way to make a snickered remark like she did, that would mean there interested wouldn't it? and tinker was interested in the griffins reaction to her statement.

((ooc: well if somepony almost knocks you over, then yells at you, why not toy with them in return? whats the worst that could happen? and in a massive city for pete sake, last thing somepony would do is care, especially with griffins being the way they are played like....))

(((ooc: if this is too inappropriate just tell me and ill try to change it.)))

Gilda was surprised by the reaction. This dweeb was trying to play like she was so cool. It was almost laughable seeing a lowly hippogriff act like this. Gilda wasn't about to let this loser make her look like a fool though.

"Now why would I be interested in a pony flank like you have?" Gilda said with a huff. This lame-o thought she could be snide with Gilda? She'd show her. "Some griffins actually have standards, you know? That's why your kind are so rare."

~Tinker~

Tinker grinned at the griffin's, somewhat impressed with the response, it lacked name calling. and her eye brows raised as her smile got a lil' bigger.

"Well, i guess there is something special about my kind, thank you kindly for reminding me of how "rare" we are." tinker tilted her head slightly, still smiling. "but that doesn't mean some griffins don't have special feelings, or that ponies aren't...better...never the less i suppose ignorance is a bliss." she stood up, she was a tick taller then the griffin, and much larger wings. this hippogriff must have had a rather large parent(or one with good genes) by the looks of it.

"but why are you using your time on somepony like me, i mean I'm certain you got a ton of "cool" griffin friends to hang with, that aren't some dull clock maker like myself."

was this griffin just doing it to be a pain? or perhaps there was a better reason behind her harshness...who knew, and that's why tinker was trying to be as civil as she could, thinking the griffin might lighten up a bit. just a little bit.

"Oh, trust me I have plenty of cool griffin friends," Gilda lied. She knew a lot of other griffins. There were few quite cool enough to hang out with her though. Most of them just weren't worth her time.

"As for your kind, go ahead and call yourself special," the griffin said smirkingly. "I'm still going to call you a mistake."

"We griffins are just better than ponies. Any dweeb who can't see that is a disgrace," Gilda added cruelly.

~Tinker~

"well good to hear you do.I call myself special, as i am different, and quite a handful better then most of your griffin clock makers and engineers in the arts of artisan." she however gave her a rather dull, and slightly disappointed look again at the griffins last racist remark.

"but any griffin too arrogant to look past their pride isn't worth my time." she turned away from the griffin and looked back with a weak smile, "it has however been interesting talking to you griffin. Now i must return to my own business. as i have things to do. and you probably have better things to do. then to talk to a "mistake.""

she began walking, she felt not shame nor remorse, this griffin was clearly just a pain, a rather arrogant one at that. The best way to deal with those types was just to walk away and leave them to their bliss and ignorance. whether this griffin was interested in Tinker or not, it did not matter as walking away would answer the question...

though despite the nasty personality, tinker did think the griffin wasn't all bad, considering such pride is helpful for some things...

((I'm sure the average hippogriff would be in tears and hysterical behavior right now, but when you get bullied as a filly, and you hear and get used to much worse you begin to not give a wing wang.))

"You think your so cool, do you, you little half-pony freak?" Gilda stomped, erupting in anger. "You make clocks? Big deal! No one cares! Being so wrapped up in some lame job like that is the surest sign of a loser!"

Gilda gave a fierce growl. She then smirked and shot a pointed glare at the hippogriff. "Of course, I suppose I can't blame you! If I was such a mixed-up pathetic creature, I'd take every chance I could to distract myself from that fact."

~Tinker~

"Cool? COOL?" she turns around and walks to words the griffin slowly. "the last thing i consider myself is "cool", why would i do that? what purpose does that bring me when it brings me not joy?" she shook her head.

"I enjoy my job, and that's what makes it a good job." she gave griffin a smile. "My job lets me create all sorts of wonders, it allows me to let out my artistic passion. that is what i find so enjoyable in my job."

she walked up to the griffin."but tell me this," and gave her a slightly confused look, "if you hate me and my kind so much, why waste your valuable time on me? tell me, is it because it makes you happy? is it because your jealous? or is it because you really don't know what else to do? if I'm so LAME!! then why are you wasting your time on me? if anyone here is pathetic for such claimed reasons, then it is you. "hippogriffs are so pathetic" "hippogriffs are such freaks". you waste your time telling me what i have heard time and time again for years and years. what makes this any different? what should prevent me from not enjoying who I am?"

she sighed, and shook her head again. "but why should i care what you think, your just another Bully obsessed with pride." she walked off again, gazing upon the massive clock tower of which she had helped improve and repair some months ago, and smiled to herself...

GIlda was now actually a little impressed. This hippogriff had serious bite to her. She must have lived in Talonopolis most if not all of her life to be so up on her comebacks to this sort of treatment. Gilda was honestly at a loss for a moment as to how to proceed. Really she didn't have a good reason to be bullying this hippogriff like this; it was just sort of something fun to do.

"Look at you getting all worked up..." she said after a few moments, deciding she wasn't done with this dweeb quite yet."You try to pass it off like you don't care what anyone thinks, but it's pretty obvious you do on some level. I mean 'why am I wasting my time?' The same could be asked of you. If I'm just another bully, why waste so many words?"

Gilda laughed harshly. "Though I suppose you must be lonely. I can't imagine anyone, griffin or pony alike, ever being interested in a freak like you after all."

~Tinker~

she looked back at the griffin, she was right in a sense. why was she using her time on this bully, after thinking for a moment she smiled and turned to the griffin. "Hmmm, well i guess i do in a way, but every griffin does someway. as for why I'm spending my time on you. I guess its because I'm used to try and befriend bullies? i mean being friends with your type does have its advantages..." she looked at the clockwork tower and towards the griffin once again.

"As for why any pony or griffin would be interested in me? well maybe you could ask the griffins and ponies that hire me to repair, build and fix all sorts of complicated things?" she gave a slight shrug still smiling. "maybe its just me getting lucky huh? Mah' names tinker by the way." she reached out her hand to give a handshake to the griffin, doubting she would return the gesture.

Gilda was shocked. This hippogriff was just made of strange reactions. The griffin had seriously not expected her to act all friendly now. This Tinker had seriously thick skin. Gilda kind of admired that.

"Aren't you the amusing little half-breed?" Gilda commented, smirking. "You'd actually try and make friends after all I said? You're either crazy, stupid or got some serious guts."

Gilda really wasn't sure what to say after that. She was tired of insulting this half-pony freak anyway. It wasn't getting her anything, and aside from being a hippogriff and being bit of a dweeb, she really didn't seem all that bad.

"It's Gilda by the way," the griffin gave her name but didn't shake with the other. "Fastest griffin in the world."

~Tinker~

Feeling that most of the upfront hostility from Gilda was settling down, tinker stretched her wings, feeling decent about actually getting a semi optimistic response.

"Gilda, that's a good name." she lowered her hand "and the fastest griffin?..hmm...well that's pretty dang fast then." she had heard about a such said "fastest griffin", she doubted that this youngen was the same griffin, but hey, even if she isn't it isn't everygriffin that says that.

"so do you live here in talonpolis?"

Gilda noticed the hippogriff doubting her boasts of speed. Whatever. Gilda knew she was the best. She didn't care if anyone else recognized it.

"I was born here," Gilda shrugged as she answered Tinker's question. "But it's just not in my nature to stay tied down to one place. My only true home is the sky."

~Tinker~

The only true home being the skies? perhaps she was a rather speedy griffin, but that didn't make her the fastest.

however she felt at ease, knowing she had some common ground with the griffin, being born in the same city.

"I was born here as well, but i live in my workshop a few clicks away from here." she shrugged slightly, "But if you were born here that means you got cool in you." tinker didn't fancy using the word cool, and usually stuck to old words like rad or wicked, but this griffin seemed to enjoy the word so it seemed appropriate.

"so Gilda, what brings you to Talonpolis?" she wasn't sure how Gilda would get about the question, but it wouldn't hurt too much to ask.

"Of course I'm cool," Gilda said with a smirk. "You're looking at the coolest griffin there is."

"As for why I'm here, I'm taking part in a flight show in a couple days," Gilda said. She stopped herself before she could say she was the star of the show. She wasn't and that was an easy thing to look up. Of course, that wasn't going to stop her boasting."You see I'm something of a trick flier. Not even those fancy Wonderbolt ponies can compare to my awesome sense of style."

~Tinker~

"well that's nice to know." she doubted Gilda was the coolest griffin, but did have some spunk in her. so tinker kept a positive look on her face.

"better then the wonderbolts, get outa here~" tinker thought for a moment, she had seen some the wonderbolts preform before, and it seemed improbable that a mere griffin would be better, especially without becoming heard of everywhere.

The hippogriff continued to be obviously skeptical toward Gilda's boasts.

"I totally am," Gilda retorted with a confident smirk. "Even if no one recognizes my greatness yet! They'll come around someday, just you wait and see. Someday everyone griffin and pony alike will see that I'm the greatest there is!"

~Tinker~

Tinker smiled at the griffins words, and looked up at the clock tower. "I feel in a similar way about what i do too," looking back at gilda she gave a slight grin. "wanna go grab a snack with me? my treat if you will." despite not being much for boasting, she knew she did it herself from time to time. though this griffin seemed to have some good to her, so why not?

Gilda was shocked by the request. It made her realize was she was doing. Even if she was keeping the focus on herself, she was still being friendly with this hippogriff freak. This just wasn't like her. At the same time, without a stable job GIlda didn't have a stable income, and she hadn't been given her pay for the coming show just yet. In short, she didn't have a lot of money, and she definitely could stand to eat. Using this hippogriff to get free food was sounding like a pretty smart idea.

"Sure thing," Gilda said with a smirk. "I'm game for that. Let's go."

~Tinker~

she starts walking with Gilda, "got something not over priced in mind?" she was trying well to be polite with the griffin, but she could sense a small chap of irritation in her voice, and felt a bit at loss. never the less, if this griffin was her friend or not it didn't matter, it was the thought that counts.

((not sure what else to add on...so yea sorry for the short.))

"Eh, I'm not so particular as long as there's something to eat," Gilda said, shrugging. She honestly hadn't been around Talonopolis long term in quite some time. She didn't remember too many restaurants of note.

"It's your call." Gilda added, just hoping this griffin had some semblance of taste in food.

((it's cool...))

~Tinker~

she wasn't certain what they should eat, she knew of a few of the places but she usually stuck to her favorites. "well how about a kebab? i know this place that makes all sorts of em'" she looked the griffin over, not knowing whether this griffin was vegetarian or not, so why thought of a place that did both foods. but then again a vegetarian griffin isn't all to common either.

-dunno if everything in mlp world is a vegetarian or not...-

"Sounds good to me," said Gilda, shrugging again. She really didn't care too much what she ate as long as it wasn't too horribly bad for her. She needed to stay fit and healthy after all in order to keep up her flight strength.

"Let's go," she added with a nod.

[[i seriously doubt the griffins would be.]]