*Updated Oct 28th!* Huzzah! It's October! Get ready for the Great Harvest Spook-tacular, Contests, and Nightmare Night! *Updated! Oct 28th!*

Manestream

I am most interested in the writing portion. But since I have never done anything like this, I feel a little unclear about the details of the writing requirements. Is it supposed to be a pony fan-fiction or something? Can it be crossover? Does Halloween themed mean the holiday or the environment?

Its pretty much a fan-fiction of your design- who or what involved is up to you as long as it takes place in the MLP:FiM universe. It should have *something* to do with the harvest season, The Harvest Spook-tacular festival, or Nightmare Night. Rather, the guidelines are very open for a contest like this. Perhaps you wanted to do a story about AJ's past in preperation for the harvest festival, perhaps you want to write about Twilight's first nightmare night in ponyville- perhaps you want to write about the CMC venturing into the everfree forest to search for ghosts- its really open to you guys and I want to see what creativity you come up with. You can also make a story about OC's, thats completely up to you guys.

As for a real length, I was originally going to leave it fairly open-ended, but since there seems to be a bit of concern over it I'll talk with Tales and my staff to see if we can find an appropriate cap.

For the sake of clarification- flash fiction, short stories, and typical 'fictions' are all welcome. Length does not equate to quality story-telling; so do not feel pressured that you must have the longest story. Focus on the elements of good story telling, and base your story and its length around that. After all- pony episodes are only 30 minutes long- and yet they tell great stories that we've all come to endear. Length isnt everything, so dont make that your primary concern.

for the Best dressed OC Halloween art - single character, does it have to be a character that's been aproved? or do I have to write anything about it? I wouldn't think so because it's an art contest, but it's best to ask first just in case :P

so, I could just draw a pony that I made up with no backstory, name etc. in a halloween costume, and that would be my entry? (I'd probably give her a name anyways though, just becuase it's fun)

There is no maximum per se- but try to keep it within the realm of reason >.>; lets say, if it ends up much longer than an average fan fiction, or your goin on 15-20 pages in word and have no dialogue, send me a PM ;3;

A short story is about 1,000 to 7,500 words, which is a good length I think. I may read fast but I can't read War and Peace every day!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...