Pinstripe [Final]

Rocky

Name: Pinstripe.

Sex: Female.

Species: Earth pony.

Coat Color: Solid mandarin red.

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Evenly spiked, medium purple.

Eye Color: Dark purple.

Cutie Mark: Two crossed paint brushes.

Physique: Not overly strong, but feels she can handle any problem she is confronted with.

Origin: Pinstripe started life in a small, frankly unknown, village south of the Everfree forest. She grew up with here father, mother, and younger brother. Her father would often play his trombone along with his old ragtime/swing jazz records. Growing up close to her father got her quite aquainted with this style of music.

At the age of a young filly, after doodling around with paints for a while, she got more and more serious with the art buisness , and she became quite a good artist. She had experimented with many mediums, but found her best friend was the paint brush. She was often told by her parents that this was her true talent.

So, time went by, and she became a better artist... An exceptional artist for that matter. She had practicing painting everthing she could see. She would often go out onto her property and try to find interesting veiws to paint.

Finally, after years of practice, it all paid off. One day, after finishing an exceptional painting of the Everfree forest, she recieved a cutie mark of two crossed paint brushes. To her, the cutie mark ment for her to keep at her talent, and never lose interest.

A year went by since then, and her father could not hide his age, and one winter he had an unfortunate accident, and did not have the strength to pull through.

After this, Pinstripe felt she should go out into the world, to bigger places, to try and expand her horizon, and share her fantastic talent with ponies everywhere. After a short goodbye to her mother and brother, she set off on her hike through the Everfree forest. She traveled all that day, and took shelter for the night at a small cottage. After bidding her friendly hosts goodbye the next morning, she set off on her journey. Later that evening, she found herself in Ponyville. She felt this would be a nice place to live, only there were few apartments for rent, and they were all much too small. So, she decided to move on. After a short journey, she found herself in a place called Fillydelphia. Many apartments were available, and they were more to her liking. Not to mention they were just the right size. She settled in and found it quite comfortable, though she still wondered about what Ponyville was all about.

Roleplay Type: Mane.

Motivation: After settling in at Fillydelphia, she decided to visit Ponyville for the day. She was walking around for a while before she noticed a small tent in front of a buisness going by the name of "Miss Canvas' Art Studio". Curious, she went to check it out. Turns out they were holding an art contest that day. Feeling that there was nothing else for her to do, she put her name in.

Soon the contest started, and she picked paint on canvas for her medium. After about 10 minutes of work, she finished hers. She brought it to the judging table, then went back to a seat to wait for the other young mares and stallions to finish.

Soon, everypony was done. They all waited to see who the winner would be. Miss Canvas herself walked up to a small stand with a microphone to announce the winner.

"Everypony did a wonderful job", she began, "but one stood out from the rest. Would Pinstripe please step up?" With high excitment, Pinstripe walked up to the stand.

"Very well done, Pinstripe!" Said Miss Canvas. She presented Pinstripe with a small metal.

"Would you mind seeing me after everypony has left?" Asked Miss Canvas.

Pinstripe agreed to see her.

As she promised, she went to see Miss Canvas at the art studio.

"Pinstripe", began Miss Canvas, "You have shown the greatest performance of any young mare I have ever seen! Such detail! Such elegance!" She exclaimed holding up Pinstripe's painting of her old house, with the Everfree forest in the distance.

"I have come to a conclusion as to hire you". She coninued, "Would you like to become my assistant art teacher here at my art studio? The spot is open?"

"Yes, that would be wonderful!" Said Pinstripe, with great enthusiasm.

"Well, come with me", Said Miss Canvas, "and we shall see about some paperwork".

Knowing that her home in Fillydelphia is quite a long ways away from the art studio, she and Miss Canvas talked it over to the conclusion that Pinstripe would venture up from Fillydelphia three time a week to help her in the studio.

When she isn't at work, she is at her home city hosting art shows, and assisting in art galleries.

Likes: Art shows, creating art in every medium possible, ragtime & early jazz music, cheddar popcorn.

Dislikes: Rootbeer, heavy metal music.

Character Summary: Pinstripe has been known to be quick with a joke, and is often seen with her friends, but more oftenly seen at art shows. She believes that cheddar popcorn is the most delishes snack ever, though she never aquired a taste for rootbeer. She has never been hard to anger, aswell as she is more on the gentle side. She is, at times, easily frightened. She is not one for running,and prefers a light trot, unless challenged. She always hated heavy metal musice (for obvious reasons),but enjoys older rock music and ragtime/swing jazz music. She loves making friends with or without artistic talent. Her friends call her "Pinny" for short.

pinstripe.jpg

You have a bit of a formatting issue, where lines are breaking oddly.

But in regards to the character. She seems fun and you could do a lot having her maybe even be a travelling painter, but there's a major issue that the mods will bring up for sure. Generally ponies get their cutie marks when they are very young. School aged. You may want to alter her timeline to either include visiting Ponyville and getting her cutie mark, or have her get her cutie mark while still living with her parents, because she's too young to be off on her own and holding down a job as a filly.

Sorry for double post!

Alright, fixed the mess.

I also fixed up the application aswell, using the information from flutterscotch... Hopefully I corrected the proper things.

I'll just go ahead and say that your RP type is likely to be Mane, since this is an application to participate in the RP overall. :P

Kinda liking the look of this app though - it'll be interesting to see how the character works out!

Sorry for double post. (Bump)

Alright. I believe I am ready for approval... Not too sure how this works yet, but I assume this is what I'm supposed to do...

Hey there! I like the progress that I have seen, and there are only a few minor changes that might help out. First you spelled trombone incorrectly, nothing major at all I know I spell horridly. Also after the salutation of Miss there does not need to be a period, there only needs to be a period if you use Ms. Blank, such as that. One last thing, Ponyville now-a-days has been getting rather congested you might want to move Pinstripe here to another city on the map! There are bunches of fun cities all throughout Equestria that would fit her rather nicely! This does not mean that she can not visit Ponyville, or anywhere else on the map, it just means that she lives in the other city! Just some tips for you to think about!

~Sage AkA Freddie Freewings

Did I spell trombone wrong?? Heh, didn't notice that. I see now that I don't need the period after "Miss".

Hmmm... About the other places Pinstripe could come from... I'm a little rough on knowledge of other cities/towns in Equestria... I may need to research a little to find some place that might suit this situation properly.

Thanks! I'll get on it!

EDIT: Alright, I have fixed all of the grammar errors I could locate. :)

I will be looking for a nearby city or town for that she could live in next!

Oh, and I believe somepony edited my "likes" section... I do not remember adding an "&amp" to the part about her favorite music style... I know it was a grammar correction, and I am greatful for the help... Just don't know who did it.

EDIT (again): Alright! I have made an attempt to make her live somewhere else... I am cut short due to house rules... The app may need to be fixed up a little...

Oh, and I believe somepony edited my "likes" section... I do not remember adding an "&amp" to the part about her favorite music style... I know it was a grammar correction, and I am greatful for the help... Just don't know who did it.

Nopony has edited your app, sometimes the board hiccups and turns a ' into &amp.

Pinstripe is almost there!! The finish line is in sight! I just want to ask, since she lives in Fillydelphia (Which is a great town!) and Miss Canvas' Art Studio is in Ponyville, does she commute to work? Because that is an awful long way to go for a job, especially when she could open up a similar one right in her home town! I'm not saying that she can't commute but rather asking, why would she. She seems to be a very capable painter, maybe she could open up a school of her own and visit her mentor in Ponyville occasionally? Just some Ideas to go on there!

Nopony has edited your app, sometimes the board hiccups and turns a ' into &amp.

Ah, I understand. Thanks!

Pinstripe is almost there!! The finish line is in sight! I just want to ask, since she lives in Fillydelphia (Which is a great town!) and Miss Canvas' Art Studio is in Ponyville, does she commute to work? Because that is an awful long way to go for a job, especially when she could open up a similar one right in her home town! I'm not saying that she can't commute but rather asking, why would she. She seems to be a very capable painter, maybe she could open up a school of her own and visit her mentor in Ponyville occasionally? Just some Ideas to go on there!

That's a good point... Reading your post has given me an idea of what to do in this situation (Well, it is sort of related to your suggestion...)

Thanks!

EDIT: Alright! Touched that up a little bit!