So disapointed, no Rainbow Dash costume now for H-ween :(

Northern Lights

I was going to go as Rainbow Dash this year for Halloween, and I've gotten all my other supplies for it, super thick felt for the wings, some rainbow stuff, even a rainbow lightning bolt patch for my jeans, but what I've been waiting on is a cutiemark teeshirt. I contacted a custom cutie-mark shirt maker on dA in the end of September to ask if they could get it done quick in time for Hallowe'en, and they said sure. So I've been waiting for the shirt to show up. I just got an email telling me they sent it yesterday. 5 days to get here?! :scream:

Apparently they didn't notice I'm an international shipment but even for the US, I wouldn't want to risk mailing something for Hallowe'en a week before. Especially since all the parties are this weekend. I am so frustrated... I ordered from a person rather than a company partially because I thought I could assure I'd get my shipment sent quickly since I could talk to them in person. :-(

I made sure to get all my things for this costume ages ago so I could be sure to do it only to fall on the last hurdle. Without my cutiemark I might as well be a weirdo in wings :P

I had a similar snafoo regarding cosplay. I wanted to go as the Riddler one year for a summer anime convention. I asked my mother-in-law to do a custom job on a lime green suit, which I would add question marks to later. Here's the problem: my mother-in-law is in her sixties or something and has ADD. I got the suit I was promised for Christmas that year. Anywho, desperation kicked in. I have/had a very nice black velour blazer I wore with basically everything. It's dead now. Why? Because I bought a buttload of green cotton, cut a few dozen question marks and glued them to the blazer.

I have no idea how to get those things off without destroying my jacket. But I was the most popular of the... three or four Riddlers that year.

The moral of the story is that desperation makes us get creative. Hit a craft store and rock out that cutie mark!