Brainstorming/Recruiting For Prospective Upcoming

Apolline Allura

Hello all. I've had an idea kicking around in my head for a while now, since I started FiM. I don't know how many people who are willing to get accustomed to the foundations of the project (being that it's a minor crossover of sorts), but this story is going to add a second layer onto the world of Equestria. Or more specifically, a second dimension. And it is open to all would commit one chapter a week, similar in structure to the DC comic series "52", in which a chapter was released every week, spanning the entirety of the universe.

The alternate dimension Equestria is ruled by a menace to natural life, the malevolent Queen Million. This dimension is a darker version of the equivalent of a magical kingdom in the anime series "Pretty Cure". What is mirrored in the kingdom ruled by Princess Celestia is a land of strife and conflict. Power is an unattainable thing, only held by Queen Million. The opposite of Celestia's benevolence, Million's rule keeps everyone down, even nobles. She keeps a strong hold on her citizenry because she secretly aids the gap between the rich and the poor by giving special privliges to the affluent (clean water, food, proper treatment). In Million's employ is a group of special forces known as the TaCures (Tactical Pretty Cures), the latest recipients of the power of the legendary warriors, Pretty Cure.

The unifying force between this twisted place of despair and the Equestria we all know and love is the universal deity known as Equinox. Equinox is made of two halves, the corporeal spirit of grace, known as Equinox Grace, and the incorporeal spirit of malice, Equinox Malice. Malice and Grace have fought many times, with different outcomes each time every 1,000 years or so. Grace wishes only to preserve the balance between the two, as that is the only way that good can truly win (when presented with evil), and Malice wishes to outright destroy Grace, and steal her power so that she can rule both dimensions. Malice eventually realized that this would continue unless she could defeat her sister, Grace, and planned since her last loss for over a thousand years, looking for a vessel to prepare her return.

She would eventually come across such a thing with the arrival of Princess Luna, formerly Nightmare Moon until she was purified by the elements of harmony.

A lot to take in at once right?

(Oh it isn't really? Well, aren't you a genius...go make me a waffle or something.)

But to the point, I have never approached an idea (Iet alone a fan project) of this magnitude. I've shopped the idea to two users here, Dessa and Phil the Time Wzard, and have gotten positive feedback (although that was before it became this convoulted mess). It also hit me that this could totally be something for everyone interested in a big event. There are a few controversial things I wish to tackle with this product, being that the rating will push a "T", therefore rendering it ineligible for a place in the Mane Equestria storyline, but this potentially can be an epic alternate continuity.

This is such a tl;dr, but I place this idea that in the good faith of the talented netizens of this site that someone will give it at least one very good once over.

It does sound kind of complicated, but I'm still fairly interested. :)

I'm a little unsure how necessary the crossover components are, but for the most part, seems like a good premise.

I'll be curious to hear more and I'll very likely be willing to participate.

And so it...almost begins. I'll be posting more of the details today. And thank you, Phil the Time Wizard, your interest is greatly appreciated. I had only just came up with the idea recently, and about a weeks' time in between gave me what I needed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I hadn't expected anypony else to respond to this after I'd realized I wasn't here long enough to speak and have ponies here me! 0_0

;)

But, if there is interest still vested in this project, I will be shopping the idea now.