CrossStitch

plPjE.png

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Gladwin the Griffin

Sex: Male

Species: Griffin

Eye Color: Blue

Coat Color: White and brown

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Hints of orange around his bangs, Bangs are styled, Orange flame-like marks around around his eyes

Physique: Petite

Cutie Mark: N/A

Origin/Residence: Cloudsdale

Motivation: The thrill of discovery

Dislikes: Spiders, negative attitudes, ne'er do well's

Character Summary:

Gladwin's name has suited him perfectly since birth. 'Glad' is right in the Griffin's name, and it's only on very rare occasions that Gladwin is seen without some form of smile or grin plastered on his beak.

His name did not always suit him though. Gladwin lived a less then mediocre life when he was at home with his parents. They named him Gladwin in hopes that his good mood would raise the spirits of his mother and father. You see, they were not exactly financially stable, especially after Gladwin hatched. They believed he would grow into a soul of happiness and kindness. It was around two years later that they had to send Gladwin to live with his aunt and uncle in Cloudsdale, unfortunately his mother and father just could not support Gladwin and themselves. He took his mothers and fathers hopes of seeing the world with him though, and he also took with him their hope that he would become a Griffin of kindness and happiness. On these two accounts, he would not let them down.

His joy comes from new things, or things that are unknown to him, and in his eyes the entire world is new and unknown to him. Curiosity has always been deeply rooted into this Griffin's blood. Since he was young, he would always love to explore the skies and even the ground below his hometown of Cloudsdale. During his visits to the ground, he would find certain spots that he would deem "Special" in their own way. These spots usually held some sort of value to him. For example; one spot was where butterflies typically liked to visit, another spot was a large pond where many animals showed up. Eventually, Gladwin had too many spots to keep up with in his head. This is where his career in cartography began. He started drawing simple maps; lines with directions and distances so he knew where to go. As he got older though, so grew his skill. He began to draw rough sketches of the areas he would pass through, and began marking land marks. One day, he unrolled all of his maps to look at all the places he had marked on his maps. As he looked at all the maps unrolled and side by side, he noticed something. He had plotted a rather large area of the ground beneath Cloudsdale! He was astonished by his own work. It was then that he decided to be a traveler, and a cartographer, making maps of all the trails he has walked until he had eventually mapped all of Equestria. He could see new sights, learn new things, and perhaps even sell some of his maps.

He left home at an early age, just barely able to be considered an adult. Gladwin knew the path his life was to take though, and he refused to leave it. He met the open road with open wings of his own, and he set off into the unknown with nothing but a bag full of scrolls, and the smile on his face.

I don't know something about the story sounds very similar to another ponys bio the bit about Learning that the bully was actually poor and needed pity instead of scorn...

Ah? I'm sorry if it is similar to another bio. Is it one of yours?

I never intended it to be similar to another character. I'll change it immediately.

I don't know something about the story sounds very similar to another ponys bio the bit about Learning that the bully was actually poor and needed pity instead of scorn...

No not one of mine, I think it was for someones Zebra app

Sounds like my Verity Essence. :) I don't think the bully thing was ever all that original anyway though and wouldn't have really cared about a similar story being used.

But yeah, this looks like a cool character. I actually considered doing a griffin explorer at one point but scrapped it for other ideas (including the aforementioned Verity), so it's kind of cool to see a character kind of like that one show up. ;)