This May Be the Best Thing Ever

Astalakio

I don't know how well known this is, but I discovered this program thingie yesterday called Window Ponies. It's a lot like Desktop Ponies, where you've got little sprite versions of all the characters of FiM running around over your screen, interracting with one another and being cute, but the difference is that these ponies just sit on your windows and task bar and don't get in the way as much, but are still adorable and ridiculous amounts of fun to watch.

The site is over thar -> http://windowponies.blogspot.com/

The download link is over thar -> http://www.mediafire.com/?8qp7r609u3pphjc

Unfortunately, it's not as 'complete' as Desktop Ponies, which has more characters, better animations etc, but it's a fair trade if you ask me.

Also, I discovered that with Desktop Ponies, if you right-click a pony you can control it by using the arrow keys (my initial reaction was something along the lines of: I CAN CONTROL PRINCESS CELESTIA WITH THE ARROW KEYS. EQUESTRIA IS MIIIIINE!!!)

No idea how much of this is common knowledge and if I'm just being a foal, but I thought it was worth sharing all the same (I did a quick search of the forum and no topic came up that I could see it mentioned in).

Yes, I seen this around and it look fun to have, properly would keep me amused throughout the night when I have to work late on art or animations and so on but whenever I try to activate any version they also fail and I recieve an error telling me that it could not be intialized.

Oh, Quicklime. I love the new avatar.

I have another one that is similar if you'd like to see it =3

Wooow :D

Hrm, I think I like the first one better because it's more like a loop. I really like looped GIFs for some reason >.>

One more thing about Window Ponies, by the by, is that although you've got loads of background characters (DJ-PON3 is in the next update), we're somehow missing Celestia O.o and also Granny Smith - if we had her we could have her, Applejack, Big Macintosh and Apple Bloom all trotting up and down together :D

I SO want to download this, but the fact my mom uses my laptop occasionally is scaring me from the idea of her seeing them and asking what they are... :-|

...So, I guess I'll have to pass... :scream:

Aww. At this point in my own bronidom, I'm not even bothering to hide it. I even drop Pinkie Pie out onto my desktop every now and then while my family's around, so that when they ask, I can be like "Hm? Oh, that's Pinkie Pie. She's just chillin'".